• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legan vs Overswarm(MK) Tourney Match

4Serial

Smash Lord
****, good **** taking 2 of Overswarm's stocks with one. It pisses me off so much when Link gets gimped =[
You were beatin him when you got up close with the jab cancels and everything. You were doing good with your projectile game but ROB's projectile game is too strong... Overswarm edge camped really hard in those matches, but what can you do =[
His ROB is campy, yet aggressive.. wtf lol it was cool watching him play when he wasn't on the edge though. He had you playin really defensive, and you rolled a lot.. insane pressure.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
Please read the OP... I think I'm the only one who has done so thus far... :(

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having trouble Legan, and the Link Boards will miss you dearly. I hope that this is only a temporary break from smash, for I would really like to still play you! I screwed up and missed my opportunity to play you at WTON, but I hope it won't be my last chance.

Good luck with your problems, Legan. I hope to see you on the Link boards in the near future. :)

4Serial

Smash Lord
ah, how did i miss that? Good luck Legan!

and i forgot to mention, sick bomb jump in that one match.. BOTH of them were sick lmao. I don't think you had to be all flashy and throw the bomb up and up+b into it, it would have blown up with you anyways :p but i guess we shouldn't expect anything less than flashy from you hahah Good luck again man, everything you've done for the Link community is greatly appreciated!

D

Deleted member

wow....and i honestly thought i was getting on the same level as you and deva lol....

guess i'm going to actually have to start trying lol, gotta buckle down and L2P

crazy matches for sure

ShieryuSilvr

Smash Apprentice
Aww man, ROB is a tough opponent >_<
Today I beat a really great Falco user ^_^ Go Go Go Link! :)

sasook

Smash Champion
Overswarm edge camped really hard in those matches, but what can you do =[
His ROB is campy, yet aggressive.. wtf lol it was cool watching him play when he wasn't on the edge though. He had you playin really defensive, and you rolled a lot.. insane pressure.
Yeah really, it was like a campy R.O.B. but not....

I've never seen Legan have to play so defensively.

sick bomb jump in that one match.. BOTH of them were sick lmao. I don't think you had to be all flashy and throw the bomb up and up+b into it, it would have blown up with you anyways :p but i guess we shouldn't expect anything less than flashy from you hahah Good luck again man, everything you've done for the Link community is greatly appreciated!
Well (this is just a theory, Legan probably knows) maybe when the bomb comes down on you it gives a little more knockback then just exploding in your hand? But if it doesn't, it still looks awesome lol.

wow....and i honestly thought i was getting on the same level as you and deva lol....

guess i'm going to actually have to start trying lol, gotta buckle down and L2P

crazy matches for sure
I'm pretty sure the majority of us here consider you to be of that 'upper status' alongside Legan and Deva.

And...

Legan's leaving? :(
He's my favorite though. Well, good luck to whatever you have to do, and thanks for really representing what Link can do. We'll miss ya and await for your return.

ShieryuSilvr

Smash Apprentice
Yeah really, it was like a campy R.O.B. but not....

I've never seen Legan have to play so defensively.

Well (this is just a theory, Legan probably knows) maybe when the bomb comes down on you it gives a little more knockback then just exploding in your hand? But if it doesn't, it still looks awesome lol.

I'm pretty sure the majority of us here consider you to be of that 'upper status' alongside Legan and Deva.

And...

Legan's leaving? :(
He's my favorite though. Well, good luck to whatever you have to do, and thanks for really representing what Link can do. We'll miss ya and await for your return.
When did Legan say hes leaving!? :urg:
Edit: I hope you come back Legan...I learned a lot just from watching your vids, good luck with whatever you choose to do :)

D

Deleted member

yea i know that i'm up there in the top 5 lol (deva, legan, me, izaw, dolphins) but deva and legan imo are just one step ahead of me, izaw and dolphins. not to say that we can't put up a good fight or even beat them, but their play style's are evolving faster than the rest of us lol

in addition, it's freaking legan, i'm pretty sure he can handle anything that comes his way in game or irl lol

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
yea i know that i'm up there in the top 5 lol (deva, legan, me, izaw, dolphins) but deva and legan imo are just one step ahead of me, izaw and dolphins. not to say that we can't put up a good fight or even beat them, but their play style's are evolving faster than the rest of us lol

in addition, it's freaking legan, i'm pretty sure he can handle anything that comes his way in game or irl lol
Hey hey hey, Finns and I are tied. :p lol

Seriously though, we need to catch up to Deva and Legan, they're godly.

First match against OS: OMG LEGAN, YOU DID A MELEE BOMB JUMP... IN BRAWL. YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE. (4:40ish)

Second match: *sigh* The first two deaths were a bit... lousy. But you kicked some serious arse on your last stock, too bad that hadn't been your first stock, you woulda won the match for sure.

And Legan, I can't wait till you return, I hope everything goes well for you. D: You are a legend, you know that right?

Deva

Smash Lord
I just noticed, Legan plays the most cool, flashy Link that beats good players, and I play probably the most boring, bare bone basics, lack of tech skill Link in the world that still beats good players lulz.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Sad to hear your quittin Legan :( Hope you'll be coming back (yea right like you wont ;P).

Anyways good luck with everything man, keep it real ;)

L!nk2D

Smash Rookie
yepp, really sad .. i learned a lot from you, you are propably the most exciting and interesting link to watch to me.
your techskill, the beast you become on your last stock, your pivot boosting, etc. -
A W E S O M E N E S S

looking forward for you to come back, if you do.

much respect

Edit: forgot to add... but YOU FRICKEN BOMBJUMPED

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I just noticed, Legan plays the most cool, flashy Link that beats good players, and I play probably the most boring, bare bone basics, lack of tech skill Link in the world that still beats good players lulz.
You're not boring. :p But it's good that way. It shows that Link can be excellent in many different styles.

Overswarm plays a beastly ROB. I'm quite surprised. It was really close the first match, the second one... honestly if the 1st stock wasn't lost so quick I would imagine you would've won that one.

Hope your life goes well, Legan. I'm sure the Link boards will keep themselves in check while you're gone.

maybe.

sasook

Smash Champion
Deva you're not boring, you are arguably the best Link there is.

You play a more pwnsome Link.....Legan plays a more elegant Link. That's just how it is. Doesn't make you any less better or any less respected.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
That second match versus Overswarm was a heartbreaker. Getting spiked that early. :\ It seems like Legan was playing different than normal, nervous maybe? Anyways, hope to see you back later Legan.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Well Deva, you probably spot dodge better than anyone I have seen in brawl, so between that and the super zairing, you got that going on. Legan does use more ATs in competitive matches, than anyone else I have seen though.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I honestly think that Legan could have done better had he played less passive and defensive. The second match where Legan took two stocks before losing his final stock, he was playing more aggressive. As for that Rob's annoying edge-camping style, I'd go for a full-hop over the stage bomb drop double jump>dair esp. around 3:00 to 3:20 in the first match. I'd be right up in ROB's grill at the edge with a shield and anticipation to counterattack.
Zair, zair, zair....
@Legan: Take care whatever it is you have to do, and we'll see ya around in the future.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Overswarm's no pushover, I'm sure he was expecting that.
Maybe, but you could mix it up with only a bomb drop over the edge and adding dair to it. All I'm saying is that it didn't look like Legan's normal game play. I saw Legan rolling more than usual. He didn't pivot boost much and he seemed nervous and hesitant (look at 3:01 to 3:04). Compare those matches to the falco ones. Legan was amazing in those.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Wait, Loki??!! HOLY ****!!!! I've played him before!! My friend knows him!

He's awesome. Granted, I can beat him without too much effort.

Really good games, by the way.

ShieryuSilvr

Smash Apprentice
I'll make fun of him as much as I want f00.

(Btw I know Legan IRL. We're in the same crew ^_^)
Oh, ok I get it lol. 'Cause anyone that came in here and made fun of Legan would get flamed badly :p
Sorry for being rash :embarrass

4Serial

Smash Lord
Okay when ROB, or any other character, edgecamps there is really not much Link can do. Especially ROB. Legan was playing it safe. One mistake and Legan could have ended up off the stage and gimped. Link should NOT play on the edge against ROB... It was freakin' OVERSWARM. Legan got as close as he could and threw bombs at him, but it didn't work. D-airing is SO dangerous and Overswarm would not have fallen for that. If Legan d-airs and misses and lands, he suffers from lag and ROB could have really punished him. If he d-aired off the stage, he would have been gimped.

I think anyone would have been nervous if they faced the best ROB player in the US. He was rolling a lot because of how much pressure Overswarm put up. Spot dodging doesn't seem to work too well against ROB with his d-smash and whatnot. Rolling away was the best option, but yeah, he did roll too much. Legan couldn't pivot boost because you need room to do it, and ROB was controlling the stage.

It's not good to compare these matches against those other matches... He's on a different level.

Deva

Smash Lord
lol, no, I just meant I dont like watching my Link play. It's way more fun to watch Legan. For me, it's just how Brawl is. I dont see any need to do anything fancy when the physics of the game will allow you to win a matchup just from using the basics. There's a lot of mindgames involved, and in some ways moreso than melee, but it's just so boring that I'd much rather just win and get it over with so I can go play at the melee station xDD. I should definately take a few pointers from Legan though, he makes Link look fun and still win lol.

Thx though. Maybe it is just me, but I'm glad if you dont find my Link boring to watch lulz.

4Serial

Smash Lord
LOL I agree with some of that. I wouldn't say there's as much mindgames in Brawl as it was in Melee. It's just the illusion that you have to think more because there's not as much buttons to press for techniques in melee, but you don't. Because thinking is really the only thing you're rewarded for. But yeah, melee ftw. Brawl's okay but i'd like it a lot more if sakurai didn't hate link so much. lmaoo good luck legan, we'll keep this thread alive for you.

QUIVO

Smash Master
You suck for taking a break Legan. Your link is toooo good.

Btw, from what I experienced... OS just powershields all projectiles except for bombs. Arrows are good for when he's in the air, and that's about it. Link's arrows aren't very good compared to TL's either...

Deva

Smash Lord
Blue ftw. . .

aka, this is now the revival of the "Which color Link do you use" thread, lol. Every man for himself!!!

ShieryuSilvr

Smash Apprentice
Blue ftw. . .

aka, this is now the revival of the "Which color Link do you use" thread, lol. Every man for himself!!!
Blue FTW!! I always post Links to your matchs Deva, Im like "Yeah, guys that's my Link!" LOL:laugh:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Blue ftw. . .

Hmmmmmmmmm, ever noticed the Link in your avatar is wearing green?;)

Top Bottom