• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff General Discussion Thread (Q&A)

Veril

Frame Savant
If she could combo out of grab she'd be broken\, not seriously but her grabs are great and it would be epic.
Um, she has grab-release combos... not as cool but some are really good. By combos... I mean combos btw.

Make sure most of the hits connect so there's noticeable hitstun, and facing them :ohwell:
No. D-air has like no hitstun. You can get a grab if they don't react fast enough OR the d-air causes them to trip.

I find it funny how a lot of 08 joiners have more posts than most people who joined the site yeeeears before they did (00-01 joiners anyone?)
I'm awesome. Nuff said.

Glick

Smash Lord
By the way, I saw someone talking about videos of jigglypuff resting through MK's tornado.

We've actually known about it for a while, but surprisingly nobody has made a video about it.
Its pretty cool. I've done it in tourney a bunch of times and always very pleasantly surprised to see it.

You have to SDI to the top of their head and rest.

I'm pretty sure thinkaman introduced it to us in that old "Jiggz counters MK" thread.

Veril

Frame Savant
By the way, I saw someone talking about videos of jigglypuff resting through MK's tornado.

We've actually known about it for a while, but surprisingly nobody has made a video about it.
Its pretty cool. I've done it in tourney a bunch of times and always very pleasantly surprised to see it.

You have to SDI to the top of their head and rest.

I'm pretty sure thinkaman introduced it to us in that old "Jiggz counters MK" thread.
Alex DID make a video with that in it. Its in his guide as "Interruptible As Soon As". I have also made a video of perfect rests and some other interrupts.

There are a lot of rest questions floating about. I've started adding info from the rest thread to the ATs thread if people want to check it out.

Kishin

Smash Ace
Kind of a silly question but, can you kill/rest the clap trap on Jungle Japes?

What do you guys think Jigglypuff's best move overall is?

Just to clarify, can or can you not hit a slept opponent? I saw the thread with the ways you can follow-up with rest and Sing was one of them but it was not made clear if it could be done while slept or only while rising after Sing.

What do you think the reason for shield break stun (on characters except Jigglypuff) decrease with higher % but with Sing the sleep effect increases with higher %?

How good would Rest be if it gave SA the entire duration of the Lag?

Veril

Frame Savant
is it possible to rest certain character's UP-B moves, like samus' up b, maybe squirtle's, etc.?
Samus's can't really be rested. Squirtles can easily.

Kind of a silly question but, can you kill/rest the clap trap on Jungle Japes?

What do you guys think Jigglypuff's best move overall is?

How good would Rest be if it gave SA the entire duration of the Lag?
No.

Pound.

It would be an unbeatable stalling device. Completely and totally broken. Jigglypuff would be banned immediately.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Hmmm, but what they could do is during the lag just rack up loads of damage and KO with a grab or something.
It's sort of like Olimar's whistle. It doesn't matter how much damage you have, you still wouldn't be KO'd. Since rest comes out on frame one and the SA would last until the end, there would only be like, 5 frames you could hit jiggly on.

Kishin

Smash Ace
Grabs > SA frames right? In all that rest lag you could rack like loads of damage and a semi-decent throw would KO or at the very least send Jiggly off the stage/in a bad postion. It doesn't seem anything at all that would be banned.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Grabs > SA frames right? In all that rest lag you could rack like loads of damage and a semi-decent throw would KO or at the very least send Jiggly off the stage/in a bad postion. It doesn't seem anything at all that would be banned.
Lawl. I love how we're really talking about this. You're right though, I've been grabbed out of my whistle before. A grab can't do much, though you could keep smashing then grab at the end.

Kishin

Smash Ace
Just something I thought that would be cool and not imbalanced at the same time. And to get some slightly more activity around here as all.

Veril

Frame Savant
It's sort of like Olimar's whistle. It doesn't matter how much damage you have, you still wouldn't be KO'd. Since rest comes out on frame one and the SA would last until the end, there would only be like, 5 frames you could hit jiggly on.
there wouldn't be any at all.

Throws could KO, its true. In that case... its brokenly bad.

Glick

Smash Lord
Well. Someone could actually hit you with something so many times that you get into the ridiculous killing range, and then throw you and actually kill you with a throw that doesn't actually kill.

Like I was just messing around with this kirby I was playing with, and kept nairing him till he got to 250 and I just killed him with up throw. Which NEVER kills.

Kishin

Smash Ace
Hmmm, but characters with low KO % smashes but low KO grabs would have a harder time right? Such as Ike and perhaps Marth too.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, but characters with low KO % smashes but low KO grabs would have a harder time right? Such as Ike and perhaps Marth too.
In theory, I think so, but I don't think that the Marth nor Ike is going to care that much with all of the range and power each has.

Slightly off topic, but shadow moses is banned right? Cause Kirby auto-wins there, he kills at like 20-40% depending on character. Get grabbed, you lose. no way to DI or anything, it's just over.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Would running into the enemy and activating rest work well, I was basic brawl, and I tried this three times on D3, mario, and olimar. It worked on Mario and D3 but olimar was just shoved off before I could activate rest.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Would running into the enemy and activating rest work well, I was basic brawl, and I tried this three times on D3, mario, and olimar. It worked on Mario and D3 but olimar was just shoved off before I could activate rest.
Yeah, running works. Walking on the other hand won't. As Veril (I think) said a while back, you have to be far enough inside the opponent for Jiggs to lay her eggs in them. Running satisfies this condition.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
In theory, I think so, but I don't think that the Marth nor Ike is going to care that much with all of the range and power each has.

Slightly off topic, but shadow moses is banned right? Cause Kirby auto-wins there, he kills at like 20-40% depending on character. Get grabbed, you lose. no way to DI or anything, it's just over.
Yeah, it is banned.

Veril

Frame Savant
lol its funny.

oh i have a question, is it still possible to to DACUS on the remotechaku? i have Dpad set to smashes and tap jump off thats the only changes i made to it.
Yes, it is completely possible. With your setup you could do: dash > d-pad down > up-smash during frame 3.

Soooo.... how do ya like mah jigglypuff avatar?
Its pretty pimp.

Yeah, running works. Walking on the other hand won't. As Veril said a while back, you have to be far enough inside the opponent for Jiggs to lay her eggs in them.
I did say that :p

You actually can walk into SOME characters and rest. The side of the character matters. I'll be posting that info soon... like... a few minutes probably.

Kishin

Smash Ace
What if after resting, it gave Jigglypuff SA frames AND it made someone trip if they hit Jigglypuff with a non-projectile, grab, or aerial? The best way to rack up damage is usually with grounded A attacks right? If a special move is used mid-air then when they land they could suffer some lag like when you go from offstage -> onstage. Now how useful would it be?

Perhaps Jigglypuff could turn metal and/or invisible after rest? How about it stales every move of anyone around Jigglypuff?

Yeah, it is kind of a useless discussion but it's just something fun to think about.
I realize it would make absolutely no sense to trip but a lot of things make no sense in games.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Double Sticks DI Testing

Hey, I didn't get to post this in the b-day thread, but I am testing a few forms of DI. Mostly anything involving inverted knockbacks and techs.

-God DI: inverting knockback to avoid fatal launch power.

-Double Stick Techs: using DI to tech off surfaces and survive spikes, smashes and more.

Both of these forms are the same basic idea: Dont get lunched, stick a landing, don't die. I'll be asking for testing help from the chat.

-Spike Sticks: Tester spikes me near the edge of the stage. I DI toward the stage and tech it as I scrape the wall.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEEd0EazyDk&feature=channel_page
(this is the best footage I could find. Using DI to curl around a stage.)

-Smash Sticks: You can only achieve downard DI in the air. Silly you! Your jigglypuff! When you get hit your bound to be in the air. DI down and tech.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq2S4_EkN1w&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8GC9x0J2Mw <----(here you are already in the air during the attack.)

-Complete knockback decay: ......Veril?
10Lucas-U-smashes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3_MGqugkuE&feature=channel_page

So anyway, help me test this :). Some tests will be done using the custom stages on Wi-Fi hack, (Requires you to have the stage. The rest is done by the person hacking).

The Marth

Smash Apprentice
I normally only play jiggs for the lolz, but I've begun to like her aireal style of play and am considereing picking up the puffball for my second secondary (tertiary?)

Other than G&W, who should I watch out for. Any tips for a newb would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Sixonesix

Smash Apprentice
Could anyone link me to the "Jigglypuff changes from Melee to Brawl" thread if there is one? Thanks. I've gotten really frustrated searching for it.

Top Bottom