• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff General Discussion Thread (Q&A)

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Well just random thing, but dash attack I find only good if you keep it fresh and short, gives some breathing room.
But anyway >_>
What are some good ways to nail in a rest, I got dair+rest down, but yeah. Any help would be nice.
It would help since I usually kill with rollout. I spam rollout so much on wifi but tends to hit alot, but mostly on wifi. Also what move goes through meteknights b move tornado. I tried pound but that just stops it.

PND

Smash Champion
1) ways to nail rest. Aside from interrupts and perfect rests, there aren't many other ways to nail it. With prediction, uair -> rest can be pretty good.

2) Humourously enough, Rest. Also, nair.

RI'18

Smash Rookie
Ah thankyou both. Do you think it would be possiible to anticipate the tripping, and do a D-air to D-air combo, then finish off with something else? I suspect the window is small, or it is below 50% chance, but still, any good?

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
I've only looked at Mario so far. I'm a forgetful person, so if you see me on the xat remind me to test this out.

Theres a sweetspot, and you need to hit the person with the majority of your dair. If you just hit the sweet spot for like, two of the hits nothing much will happen. I'm still trying to find out everything about it, like how many hits, and the sweetspot. (I remember a long time ago Alex mentioned it was somewhere on their knees?).

Btw I think Mario becomes trippable somewhere around 54-67. I tested it like four days ago.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Is there a tutorial on how to use sleep and make your opponet slide to the other side of the stage if anyone knows what im talking about.

PND

Smash Champion
heres 2 good questions mike,

1. Why do u have no footage of urself up?
2. Why arent u in the chat?
1. Primarily because most of my matches go over 3 minutes. If they go under, I save them, but it's usually to a random wii I'm on during the tourney. I usually ask people to check their wiis for the replays and send them to me, but to date, I have received only 3 matches, and 2 of those were doubles (that are on Illinialex's youtube, actually). And I find I play terrible when I'm on the main recording station, I try and play too flashy and not effective enough, so I usually avoid it unless I'm in the top 5 or so.

Besides, I play a really boring 'puff. Nothing flashy except for the occasional rollout, rest, fsmash, or stage spike. I'm mostly just bair, nair, uair and grab, and then fair for the kill.

And the clips I have for my combo vid aren't really exciting because most of the time the opponents are under my skill level, allowing me the freedom to go for crazier stuff. Those aren't matches that should really be posted.

So there. Those are my video johns.

Is there a tutorial on how to use sleep and make your opponet slide to the other side of the stage if anyone knows what im talking about.
If someone uses a momentum boosting move but is hit by the sing, their momentum carries. Examples are Captain Falcon's dash attack and FSmash. It can be used for lulz in friendlies, but it has no practical application.

That being said, doing it on a scrolling stage in friendlies and having the opponent slide to their doom is HILARIOUS.

And oh my god, that just made me think of something epic. I'm off to test.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Yup, I remember seeing it...it's really wierd, it makes the character slide across the stage by using Sing somehow. I'll look that up, and edit it into this post. Clefairy, hold the space for me please.

:035: Ok!

Thanks Clefairy. Now, this is what he was talking about. Remember to click the arrows on the quotes to go to the original post/thread.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6dXuGndzhkw

Heres a video documenting what hes talking about. Not my video of course.
Also:

anyway, basically if you catch someone in sing while they are moving fast, they will slide away asleep. like i think if they're hit by a jiggs/fox dsmash (the kind that make you slide across the ground), then you get hit by rest, you will slide while asleep... but you see, in this case it must be more than two players (has to be one random opponent, one jiggs, and one slide-causing opponent).

also, i think this worked one time with the checkpoint marker in greenhill zone and one time with wobboffet... i'm not sure how, though, because it was really fast.

i've also seen it work a fair amount of times after an opponent hits a sideways spring while you're singing.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
I have a question for every jiggs other than myself obvs:

Do my fellow Jiggs use the c-stick for aerials?

I don't at all but this punkass I know is telling me I should.

edit: naked dedede, your clefairy helper thing was awesome.

Glick

Smash Lord
I have a question for every jiggs other than myself obvs:

Do my fellow Jiggs use the c-stick for aerials?

I don't at all but this punkass I know is telling me I should.

edit: naked dedede, your clefairy helper thing was awesome.
I use C-stick for aerials. That way I can move forward and use bairs.

PND

Smash Champion
I use both a and c stick. It depends on how I'm moving, etcetera. But definitely learn how to use it.

Veril

Frame Savant
Almost everyone uses C-stick for aerials.

The sing thing is called "Sing-suicide" and its very hard to time. I've got a list of moves it works with if you're interested...

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Almost everyone uses C-stick for aerials.

The sing thing is called "Sing-suicide" and its very hard to time. I've got a list of moves it works with if you're interested...
I don't use c-stick for anything except for Dacus or the rare f-smash. What am I missing? ._.:confused:

Kishin

Smash Ace
Well I'm back.

I've been realizing I haven't been using enough N-airs lately. The thing is that it has almost no range so I find it difficult to hit with. I know it's for air dodgers and etc. but I don't find myself using it too often. Should I be focusing a little bit more on using more N-airs or does it not make much of a difference? How should I use N-airs? I've been told to switch around it as a Jigglypuff approach but it's low range makes me question about using it to approach.

Out of curiosity, is there perhaps a video of Link's gale boomerang drawing Jigglypuff towards him while the Jigglypuff times a Rest on Link? Thought that would be a pretty epic moment that I have yet to see so yeah.

That also makes me think of another question. If you sing while Link's boomerang draws you in, will the sleep effect everything across the distance the boomerang pulled you in or will it only sleep those in the radius of the 3 pulses of sing? Kind of poorly worded question but I couldn't think of any other way to word it atm.

tgrove69

Smash Cadet
Out of curiousity, do you all think Jiggs was better in Melee or Brawl?

I say melee, cuz she was more powerful, and pound, rest, and rollout were better imo. I could easily clear Events 47, 50, and 51 with Jiggs in Melee. What are your opinions?

Spoonbob

Smash Ace

I say melee, cuz she was more powerful, and pound, rest, and rollout were better imo. I could easily clear Events 47, 50, and 51 with Jiggs in Melee. What are your opinions?
She was obviously better in Melee.

see: opinion of the entire brawl population + the two tier lists

Noobicidal

Smash Master

I lol'd.

See, rest was a useful move back then.

ndayday

BRoomer

You do know in Melee Jiggly was actually not in the lowest tier, right? :laugh:

Definitely Melee Jiggly.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Well that's awful.
GG. Also, lol @ Falco's Fire Bird.

ndayday

BRoomer
I like the stopping Lucas' PKT with fair one. The state of helplessness is really evident there, I like it. :) Since the is the Q&A, I'll go ahead and ask if you meant to stop the PKT, or where you aiming for Lucas?

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I like the stopping Lucas' PKT with fair one. The state of helplessness is really evident there, I like it. :) Since the is the Q&A, I'll go ahead and ask if you meant to stop the PKT, or where you aiming for Lucas?
I'd say since it was a sourspotted Fair, he was aiming for the PKT.

Kishin

Smash Ace
Well I'm back.

I've been realizing I haven't been using enough N-airs lately. The thing is that it has almost no range so I find it difficult to hit with. I know it's for air dodgers and etc. but I don't find myself using it too often. Should I be focusing a little bit more on using more N-airs or does it not make much of a difference? How should I use N-airs? I've been told to switch around it as a Jigglypuff approach but it's low range makes me question about using it to approach.

Out of curiosity, is there perhaps a video of Link's gale boomerang drawing Jigglypuff towards him while the Jigglypuff times a Rest on Link? Thought that would be a pretty epic moment that I have yet to see so yeah.

That also makes me think of another question. If you sing while Link's boomerang draws you in, will the sleep effect everything across the distance the boomerang pulled you in or will it only sleep those in the radius of the 3 pulses of sing? Kind of poorly worded question but I couldn't think of any other way to word it atm.
Reposting this because it's been ignored and I'm impatient. :p

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
for me Nair varies...like online i like the Nair>grab. any other time i use it for lazy edgeguarding or to mix up Bair approaching, this works good on Usmash whoring Zeldas sometimes. and Nair does have some reach just look at the picture here.

Nair

WTF?!?! DISJOINTED HITBOX?!?!
No, the hitbox is not really disjointed like the image shows . When Jigg's foot is fully extended, it gets freakishly big, and the hitbox really does extend that far. The image only shows her foot in the retracted sex-kick state though, which is why it looks disjointed. Jiggs will only extend her foot fully for a few frames, and then it retracts to being very small for the remainder of the attack. The range of her fully extended foot is very impressive though, and as you can see, her entire body is a hitbox. Minus the ears of course. ^^
i use it often, but its really up to you.

i've never seen either of these, but if the latter one does work Link could be an interesting partner in doubles. the first one is a bit risky since link can outreach you w/ anything before your near range to attempt rest.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Almost every single move in the game is disjointed... There were only a couple in melee that weren't disjointed.

Kishin

Smash Ace
Ok, so it's not extremely bad that I don't use it much.

It was the most epic thing I could imagine Jigglypuff possibly doing. It was that or Jigglypuff resting Metaknight when he does a shuttle loop.

EDIT: Careful

Top Bottom