• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff General Discussion Thread (Q&A)

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Ok, thanks. I believe it would help with the Ganon match up more. The falcos have discovered they can immediately use down-A and spike poor ganon. I hear they are going to purposely try and get hit by it so they can do just that :(
They can't spike unless they have over 90% damage, and it's situational at best. Most Ganon users would Up B to the ledge, drop off, and regrab with Gerudo. Up B isn't too effective of an attack anyway.

Back to Jiggs though.

PND

Smash Champion
If I hit a dair, I usually DI back slightly. If it trips, I rest. If it doesn't, you can get a grab off.

Ganon: Sounds cool if it works.

Shield: Nah, it's purely Sakurai spite. At first I think it was introduced to offset the explosive power of rest. . . but rest was nerfed and the shield break mechanic remained.

Kishin

Smash Ace
Oh :(

Does pound's hit box stay the same the entire duration?

Stay the same as in it's properties and damage.

EDIT: Also, I was talking about Drill -> rest when they are mid-air.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Oh :(

Does pound's hit box stay the same the entire duration?

Stay the same as in it's properties and damage.

EDIT: Also, I was talking about Drill -> rest when they are mid-air.
Pound has an ungodly duration for its hitbox. There's no change in damage either.

Veril

Frame Savant
Oh, that's cool then. That just gives me an idea for another question.

After the falcon boards started telling everyone the cold hard secret of Ganondorf's no hitstun up+b weakness, is it possible to mash down+b when getting grabbed by Ganon's up+b and land a rest?
The ganon matchup is so easy that I haven't checked that. I believe it may be possible.

Kishin

Smash Ace
Couldn't sweet spot N-air create a forced get up for a Rest combo? I tried it on Luigi at 57% and it seemingly worked... Perhaps this needs further testing?..

Also, the Sing -> ledge grab only works if you have tap jump on right?

Veril

Frame Savant
Couldn't sweet spot N-air create a forced get up for a Rest combo? I tried it on Luigi at 57% and it seemingly worked... Perhaps this needs further testing?..

Also, the Sing -> ledge grab only works if you have tap jump on right?
Ok, what you are talking about with the get-up is putting someone in the locked state. If you actually want to followup with rest, they need to be close to you, so strong n-air is out. Are you sure it was a sweet spot, I haven't seen that work on a person.

The sing-ledge grab thing isn't true.

Kishin

Smash Ace
Ok, thanks for the clarification.

I'm talking about, if you N-air, it may knock the person down on the ground and if they fail to tech it maybe it could create a forced get up so they can't roll or anything and therefor leading to a rest. I wasn't sure if that was a forced get up or not but if there is a way to make one you could follow up with rest for a sexy kill.

PND

Smash Champion
If I knock someone down and they fail to tech, I start charging rollout immediately. It covers all of their options if timed right.

Kishin

Smash Ace
If I knock someone down and they fail to tech, I start charging rollout immediately. It covers all of their options if timed right.
So true... but I'd rather Rest out of personal preference.

EDIT: What percent does drill start and stop tripping? Or can it always trip?

tgrove69

Smash Cadet
Question: Anyone know any good tactics for Jiggs when using her in 4-player battles? I can fight effectively in duels.

Kishin

Smash Ace
Does Sing affect people mid-air as well? I use saw that edge guarding topic with Jigglypuff and thought if sing affects people mid-air then you could ledge sing.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
If you mean the person falling asleep in midair, no. But I'm sure that's not what you mean... are you're saying a SH'd Sing from the ledge while the person is right next to you?

If so, that works. I personally have never done anything really cool with that, like Sing from ledge > Rest...but it works.

Kishin

Smash Ace
Oh, I was actually referring to people sleeping mid-air. I just vaguely remember Peach's Final Smash that puts everyone to sleep and remembered falling to my doom when I was off the stage when she used it. That could had been special to Peach's Final Smash, it works for sing as well, or the whole final smash animation made me forget to recover.

Kishin

Smash Ace
Oh, that explains it... I was thinking it was one of the two...

Another awesome Edge guard idea down the drain.

EDIT:

Since you don't need tap jump on for a ledge sing, would that mean it's better to have tap jump off for Jigglypuff? What do you guys use? Her tilts aren't incredibly useful and you can't waste your jumps on accident. How about for beginning Jigglypuff players such as I? Would that help more?

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Since you don't need tap jump on for a ledge sing, would that mean it's better to have tap jump off for Jigglypuff? What do you guys use? Her tilts aren't incredibly useful and you can't waste your jumps on accident. How about for beginning Jigglypuff players such as I? Would that help more?
Tap jump to me is a necessity. Moving SHADs and empty jumps are much easier to me if I just press up and roll the stick in the needed direction. I never have the "wasted" jump problem since I c-stick all of my aerials minus turned-around Fairs.

Having it on or not is just personal preference really.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Recently, I've been trying to pick up Jigglypuff again, and I'm considering using her at the tournament level because she's fun as anything and she's WAY underrated. Specifically, I'm having some trouble against Falco and Marth.

Generally against Falco, I'm having trouble landing safely and approaching cautiously. Falco's lasers stop me from taking my time and limit my ground options. Fsmash will beat out all of her attacks and its incredible range hurts a lot of retreating options. It also ends early enough to not be punishable if it's timed to hit just as Jiggs reaches Falco in the air or just as she lands when she's spaced away from Falco. It also has a hitbox behind him, which can make landing behind him with an airdodge somewhat risky. Dsmash out of shield is also a quick option to counteract landing behind him. Falco's combination of lasers to force Jiggs into the air, fsmash, and tilts to beat out aerials, and some other small things is giving me a lot of trouble.

And against Marth, it's nearly impossible for me to poke him safely. Dolphin slash, fairs, retreating nairs, and dancing blade makes it difficult to approach and really do anything besides hope he makes a mistake and punish to the best of my ability. Is this matchup really only 65-35 Marth? :confused:

Thanks for the help.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
If Falco is really predictable with the fsmash, you can try to use an attack that has its hitbox out for awhile, like nair or pound, starting right in front of where it will hit. But fsmash has pretty bad startup, and is actually strongest right behind Falco. If that is your main trouble with him, try to slow your approach a little and bait smashes; they usually aren't very effective in spacing a patient opponent.

And as for Marth, I used to main him. Most Marths will try to approach you if you don't run (or float) right at them. It's a terrible matchup for Jiggs, but Dancing Blade is punishable if you can get behind it, and Marth's dair is his weakest aerial, spacing-wise (as in uairs are effective against him), although it's obviously a powerful spike so you may not want to try juggling him offstage. Also, Dolphin Slash is a great move, especially out of shield, but doesn't have great range as far as recovery is concerned. Gimping him is a very good idea, but he has an easy time stage spiking you if spaced improperly. Marth is invincible on frames 1-5 of this move though, so you need to hit him before he tries to recover. Also, he can use the first swing of Dancing Blade to stall a bit in midair. Fair is a great move for Marth, but he is better onstage where he has fsmash and the ability to use all four hits of Dancing Blade. Try to get him offstage as much as possible, whether through aerials or throws, and avoid his spike.

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
Hello boys and girls, I just started using Jigglypuff about 30minutes ago and its quite obvious that her ground game is atrocious. My question is that even though her aerials should be my primary attack plan, is there ANY time I should use her ground game?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
DACUS, grabs, Fsmash and Usmash, Utilt, maybe Ftilt...and you don't even want to use the smashes and tilts that much. Use the moves sparingly, as in, don't get the impression that just because those are somewhat good, that they can be used whenever you want. Oh, and of course her jab is pretty good, jab locks and the such. You need to experiment/read about the best situations to use those attacks in, as most aren't that great done randomly.

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
Alright, thanks guys. I hope I'll be able to contribute to the Jiggly forums in the near future! :)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Hope to see you here Hippo. :)
And don't forget, Sing is her best move.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think her dash attack is her best ground move by far. Its speed, quickness, and knockback are all fantastic. It's a great whiffed grab/attack punisher as well.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
I think her dash attack is her best ground move by far. Its speed, quickness, and knockback are all fantastic. It's a great whiffed grab/attack punisher as well.
A lot of people will say you are very wrong, but I personally do feel somewhat of the same way. I mean, it's not her best ground move (DACUS or grabs are, IMO), but her dash attack is pretty great.

Top Bottom