• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff General Discussion Thread (Q&A)

Metatitan

Smash Master
when you do a "wall of pain" keep in mind that a wall of pain over 2 bairs does not truly exist in brawl. after

two you have to read their airdodges and DI in order to continue your wall. if you get them close enough to

killing range, turn around and try and nail them with a fair since it's your finishing move. do not stale fair

during a wall of pain unless you have to; it is your only reliable killing attack.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Okay apparently when you merge threads there's no reversing.
And Im also not sure about who gets control over the threads, probably the mod who made the decision (me). I'll try to get more info, the mods I've talked to about it says they dont recommend it because of the confusion so...

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Okay apparently when you merge threads there's no reversing.
And Im also not sure about who gets control over the threads, probably the mod who made the decision (me). I'll try to get more info, the mods I've talked to about it says they dont recommend it because of the confusion so...
Airgemini. Just ask him to add the information. Don't actually merge the thread. That way we can still have the friend finder but we will have all the info inside. Just add the friend finder to it.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I have a question!

What's the link to the Jiggly xat?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Thanks.

This thread has purpose. ;w;

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
i Have A Question!

What's The Link To The Jiggly Xat?
This Has Been The First Question That Was Fully Answered
Let's see if we can go for number two then, eh?

If you had to summarize the difference between a jigglypuff mainer and an inexperienced jiggs in one sentence, well what would you say? (this kinda sounds poll-ish but I want to know what other people think about the most key elements in jiggs)

Spoonbob

Smash Ace

If you had to summarize the difference between a jigglypuff mainer and an inexperienced jiggs in one sentence, well what would you say? (this kinda sounds poll-ish but I want to know what other people think about the most key elements in jiggs)
Most new Jiggs use fair like crazy/don't know it's a killing move.

That or thinking that nair is useless.

Oh, and no grabbage.

Three sentences <3

Veril

Frame Savant

Inexperienced Jiggs players aren't aware of the skills involved in playing her, mains know that there is significant tech skill needed to compensate for her weaknesses.

That's the best I can do in one sentence. Here's another one.

Jigglypuff mains make efficient use of her moveset and can transition from air to ground exploiting her grab game.

PND

Smash Champion
Jigglypuff mains know how to reduce the damage they take by playing absolutely safe, this allowing her to survive past what her lightweight would otherwise indicate.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Playing safe and defensive will make up for the wieght deficit. Being lightweight is moot when you can avoid most of your opponent's attacks.

Aerial manuverability is Jiggs' forte, so use that to your advantage. Taking characters with bad aerial manuverability to your counterpick can be absolutely devastating. If they can't catch you, they can't hit you.

In short, play it safe. Wait for openings, and punish. Don't rush things. (lol, Bowser mentality)

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i got a question about rest

Down B, Rest: Overlapping Hitbox
What exactly do you mean by Overlapping? I cant tell if i need to be totally inside the opponent or having a part of Jiggs face inside of them.

Veril

Frame Savant
It basically means your opponent has to be inside you, or you have to overlap and be inside them pretty much...
Jigglypuff needs to be close enough to lay her eggs in them. Basically, the hitbox isn't even as large as Jiggs, though her buttbox is somewhat larger. In normal cases, there's no disjoint, and the hitbox is an oval running vertically through her.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
i got a question about rest

What exactly do you mean by Overlapping? I cant tell if i need to be totally inside the opponent or having a part of Jiggs face inside of them.
Look for MrEh's thread. So far, when I'm in doubt, I just make sure my opponents hurtbox is inbetween Jigglypuff's eyes. It's bigger than that, but to play it safe go for the eyes.

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
I was going to ask, is it okay if a member wants to make a video thread of their matches? The purpose would be for critique and feedback from the community. I wanted to ask before I even consider posting anything.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
I was going to ask, is it okay if a member wants to make a video thread of their matches? The purpose would be for critique and feedback from the community. I wanted to ask before I even consider posting anything.
There's a video critique thread where you post your videos. New threads are unnecessary. :)

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
There's a video critique thread where you post your videos. New threads are unnecessary. :)
Okay well I will see about uploading a few to youtube. I am just starting out with Jiggly so don't expect me to be Jigglymaster or illinialex24. :laugh: Though I am going to be committed to being a good Jigglypuff player.

Thanks for the info on where and how to post vids.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Right. I was playing a friendly as Falcon against my friend's Jiggly. She sang, and I Fsmashed into it, and I wound up falling asleep while sliding nearly all the way across the stage. New or old?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Right. I was playing a friendly as Falcon against my friend's Jiggly. She sang, and I Fsmashed into it, and I wound up falling asleep while sliding nearly all the way across the stage. New or old?
Its kinda old because moves like this have happened but I never knew it worked on this move specifically. It works pretty well if they try to roll under you, which has a major slide.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Its kinda old because moves like this have happened but I never knew it worked on this move specifically. It works pretty well if they try to roll under you, which has a major slide.
Yeah, during Falcon's fsmash he takes a small step forward. That's probably why it happened. ;o

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
sing has incredible priority, so the canceling of your attack is to be expected, however the slide is generally rare and only happens in some cases when there is movement involved. Many people think sing is weak because they find themselves getting hit through it, but it is important to know the times on each pulse and so on.

Believe me, I could go on, but the result would be a huge off topic thread bomb basically consisting of "professor sing argues with everyone politely about the usefulness of a terrible (or so it was concluded) move."

yay for sing questions!

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Old, I looked into "singicide" a while back. Realistically speaking, any character that slides during their smash (hell, even stutter step smashes) can be slinged with sing. T'is a shame they can't fall off of the ledge...

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Old, I looked into "singicide" a while back. Realistically speaking, any character that slides during their smash (hell, even stutter step smashes) can be slinged with sing. T'is a shame they can't fall off of the ledge...
Sounds like a job for....

*batman music plays*

D-SMASH!!!

YES, FINALLY!!! the two bad moves compliment each other perfectly!

now if only we could fit D-tilt into that combo...:laugh:

Veril

Frame Savant
I looked into this pretty thoroughly. The timing is far too strict and sing is too s***astic for it to be worthwhile. I welcome anyone proving me wrong in the context of an actual match, and not just by accident / a fluke. If its proven repeatable then I'm wrong.

In other words, its not viable and don't waste your time trying to prove me wrong. You won't.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I looked into this pretty thoroughly. The timing is far too strict and sing is too s***astic for it to be worthwhile. I welcome anyone proving me wrong in the context of an actual match, and not just by accident / a fluke. If its proven repeatable then I'm wrong.

In other words, its not viable and don't waste your time trying to prove me wrong. You won't.
It's a good thing I never said it WAS worthwhile. I was just clearing up his question a bit. I'd rather master IC's before I'd even attempt to master Singicide.

Edit: Post 333 =p

illinialex24

Smash Hero
The issue with sing working well is it first of all doesn't hit in the air and it has a 29 frame startup. Besides the startup being absolutely terrible, it is very low priority for the first two parts of the move before becoming amazingly good way too late but pointless if they are in the air. So you will get kneed if you use it. Or Ganon stomped. Or faired. You will get aerialed and if they have a good special, they can and like will use it (aerial Falcon punch would be EPIC)

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
I'm been trying to improve my mindgaming with Jigglypuff... but i usally get too litle time to really do that makes me enemys wonder... any tips for some fast and good mindganes? :O

PND

Smash Champion
Hop around and airdodge. That's the closest we can get to trying to teach a "mindgame." Check G-Reg's topic for more in depth info on the matter.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ok so I ofcorse I've known that this happens long ago but I never really put all much thought into it. When you use RollOut:roll: with :jigglypuf and you roll off the edge sometimes your able to stop and recover and sometime you continue to roll and cant recover.

QUESTION: What determines how long you stay in rollout:joyful: mode? And how long do you roll? Also What determines whether you roll off the edge? I sware that there were times when someone was standing and shielding at the edge when I used Rollout but when I pressed the opposite direction I still continued to roll and went off the edge.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
When you hit something with rollout, you kinda hop into the air and do a spinning animation, in which you're dead if you so happen to be off the edge. Rollout also doesn't stop when shielded, meaning if someone shielded your rollout you would just keep flying past them. How long you press down your special button (B) determines the length of rollout, the longest and strongest being when you are spinning really fast and kinda sparking I guess you could say.

I think that you only keep spinning off the edge and not able to recover when the rollout is fully charged however.

Veril

Frame Savant
you're dead if you so happen to be off the edge. Rollout also doesn't stop when shielded, meaning if someone shielded your rollout you would just keep flying past them. How long you press down your special button (B) determines the length of rollout, the longest and strongest being when you are spinning really fast and kinda sparking I guess you could say.

I think that you only keep spinning off the edge and not able to recover when the rollout is fully charged however
The bold parts are not necessarily true. Rollout offstage will not always KO you, you cannot sweetspot the edge after a hit, but you are not in the "helpless omg I'm so f***ed state" that many up-b moves put you in.

Fully charged rollout will still sweetspot the edge. Its only after a hit on an opponent or destructible stage component that you cannot. It is possible to bounce off the side of a stage with rollout fully charged. This means you failed to sweetspot. Uncharged rollout will simply cancel. (Meow likes to do this for some reason)

Kishin

Smash Ace
Well, I think I'm going to use Jigglypuff as one of my secondaries now because she is so fun to play and Rest is so sexy when it connects.

Question 1: Misc
In mushroomy kingdom, if jigglypuff stands about right there and up-taunts then the starting animation can start over if you keep taunting.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q169/BELIABLE/stage23_080123c-l.jpg
Kind of hard for me to explain but it's some sort of glitch. I'm not sure whether this works only with that specific taunt, if it works on the other steps as well, or if there are any other places/taunts that this works on. If it has been discovered then a link to it with all the details of the mechanics and other places/taunts it could work on would be great.

Question 2:
Jigglypuff's approaches: B-air, F-air, Side-B, and N-air (if there are any more correct me), which one to use for what situation/character?

Question 3: Juggling
Alternate between which attacks?

Question 4:
If I am getting Aether'd, can rest hit Ike mid Aether?

Question 5:
When should I use grabs, or should I even? The grab range sucks, Jigglypuff sucks at dashing, need guidance on this.

Question 6:
Same as question 5 but with smashes. Seems like Jigglypuff's main killing tactic is gimping, when do smashes come into play?

Question 7: If you sing someone, how do you land a rest while they are sleeping?

I understand that these questions could possibly all be answered in the guide but... I don't feel like reading much right now :(

Question 8: If it is possible to rest while Aether'd are there any other multi-hit moves that this would work on with a little DI?

Top Bottom