• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff General Discussion Thread (Q&A)

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I have a question. Does dash dancing benefit Jigglypuff in any way?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I have a question. Does dash dancing benefit Jigglypuff in any way?
I really like dash dancing and think it's at least usable with near every character. It may not be really fast, but doing it at about the end of the other guys range, going out once and then in for an attack or just dancing a little is basically like doing a spot dodge, but you're in less danger while your doing it and in a better position to hit them afterward. (granted some characters have better spot dodges compared to dash dances, but most don't)

PND

Smash Champion
She's too slow to utilize it effectively. Use her aerial mobility and speed to "dance" in the air instead.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
How was that even a relavant question...?

Veril

Frame Savant
If you mess up on any of these, you die. Its safer to just jump out of the way most of the time. I'd say of all of these f-air is the best.

Which of these will work if you've got lag online or are in a pressure situation like a tourney. Assuming the person isn't giving you an enormous heads up and attacking directly, you know... like an idiot. Furthermore lets say its a tech chase or that the person has landed. So... there's an opening for actually using rollout.

Get my drift??
SH or FH F-air is the way to go. Rest is possible offline only. The others are either super risky, hard to time, depend on the person acting in a really predictable manner, etc. I mean, I've rested people out of roilout offline in friendlies... could I do it in a tourney? No. The same goes for most of what you put down. Sure, its possible, but the consequences for failure are so high, that you probably are better off sticking to f-air. I like to powershield. Tech Chased rollout owns Jiggs regardless.

Not that this will ever matter, since I doubt I'll play any Jiggs in a tourney... other than perhaps Glick, and judging by our matches I'd say rollout spam isn't gonna be a problem.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
No, I recommend rising pound or dair. Approaching nair is the next best with shield to grab. The first two leave you safe if you screw up and the last one is hard to punish. Then I recommend fair and bair. both have better risk rewards but as you say, the screwup can happen if they mindgame it and its a lot worse.

*And full hop dair if your going to go after rolliut. Didn't make that clear.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
*it's not impossible to rest someone out of a rollout online, I know 'cause I've done it. NEVER in a bad connection though. Just saying.

I think dair or nair would be best in that situation though. Or pound. They all have super long lasting hitboxes.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
*it's not impossible to rest someone out of a rollout online, I know 'cause I've done it. NEVER in a bad connection though. Just saying.

I think dair or nair would be best in that situation though. Or pound. They all have super long lasting hitboxes.
LOL @ Spoon being able to rest online.

Anyway, moves with longer lasting hitboxes are you friends.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
LOL @ Spoon being able to rest online.

Anyway, moves with longer lasting hitboxes are you friends.
Yeah...I'm, as Veril puts it, a mutant fish. :'(

I asked this in the chat yesterday, but I suppose I'll ask it again:

What situations is dair really applicable? I mean, I do well enough without it, but everyone seems to have this passionate love for it, so I figure I may as well begin to incorporate it more. I only ever use it off of a ledge, really.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Yeah...I'm, as Veril puts it, a mutant fish. :'(

I asked this in the chat yesterday, but I suppose I'll ask it again:

What situations is dair really applicable? I mean, I do well enough without it, but everyone seems to have this passionate love for it, so I figure I may as well begin to incorporate it more. I only ever use it off of a ledge, really.
D-air... It's my drug.

I sometimes approach with D-air. I can D-air through someone and finish with an AC Bair, and start a chain from there. D-air is sex when it comes to projectile canceling (sans Lucas' FIYA). D-air can trip, which can lead to many other options (i herd rest culd be used hur). D-air is her most damaging aerial, and is one of the safest to use due to it's hitbox.

I could go on.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Hit heavies with it. ^^

I like using a full hopped Dair on Dedede as an occasional approach.

Glick

Smash Lord
Dair grab, Dair fsmash (some people roll directly after dair expecting rest so you can chase that with fsmash)

dair rest obviously.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
What tier do you think jiggly would be in if there was hitstun <3

Metatitan

Smash Master
What tier do you think jiggly would be in if there was hitstun and if she had a good rest again <3
fix'd

anyways with both of those she would be high tier, mid tier probly without hitstun (i mean rest can't be used a lot cuz it doesnt kill early)

PND

Smash Champion
Let's be honestly, probably only mid, maybe on the upper end of the spectrum. But think of how many other characters would also benefit from increased hitstun.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if anything has been posted about this but I've noticed when hitting 2 or more characters at a time with Rest decreases the knockback on both characters. Now I have no idea if this is because they hit each other in mid air but if that's the case then one's travelling faster than the other. I also have no idea if this extends to things like columns in Luigi's mansion or Waddle Dees. I'm fairly certain if you hit both Nana and Popo with Rest you require them to be at a higher percentage than you usually need.

Just tossing this out here because I can't be bothered actually testing it and I have no idea if it's known or not. To make this a question do I need to add a question mark? ;D

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
In Brawl, rest has only vertical knockback. It's pretty easy for two characters that get rested simultaneously to hit each other, since the overlapping hitbox means that to hit two charactrs, they have to be extremely close. That's what I think is happening.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
D-air... It's my drug.

I sometimes approach with D-air. I can D-air through someone and finish with an AC Bair, and start a chain from there. D-air is sex when it comes to projectile canceling (sans Lucas' FIYA). D-air can trip, which can lead to many other options (i herd rest culd be used hur). D-air is her most damaging aerial, and is one of the safest to use due to it's hitbox.

I could go on.
please do :bee:

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
so how far does her ****ing pivot grab go anyway

i <33333333 jiggs

Veril

Frame Savant
I'm not sure if anything has been posted about this but I've noticed when hitting 2 or more characters at a time with Rest decreases the knockback on both characters. Now I have no idea if this is because they hit each other in mid air but if that's the case then one's travelling faster than the other. I also have no idea if this extends to things like columns in Luigi's mansion or Waddle Dees. I'm fairly certain if you hit both Nana and Popo with Rest you require them to be at a higher percentage than you usually need.

Just tossing this out here because I can't be bothered actually testing it and I have no idea if it's known or not. To make this a question do I need to add a question mark? ;D
In Brawl, rest has only vertical knockback. It's pretty easy for two characters that get rested simultaneously to hit each other, since the overlapping hitbox means that to hit two charactrs, they have to be extremely close. That's what I think is happening.
No, rests hitbox DOES expand significantly when it hits an object.

This has been discussed. It doesn't increase the knockback but it does increase the range substantially, even allowing for shieldpoking. It also extends hitbox duration.

Here, I made a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1nUkN3d3SM

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I personally think that all of JIgglypuff's grabs are the most watermelony grabs in the entire game. They are not bad though, by any means.
Fixed for ya. Dedede, Ness, and Squirtle have better grabs, though. Not saying Jiggs has anything bad, going for you. And Fox has the best pivot.

Noraa

Smash Lord
how do you combo dair into a grab?
Is it 100% or does it rely on the person your playing too?

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
how do you combo dair into a grab?
Is it 100% or does it rely on the person your playing too?
Make sure most of the hits connect so there's noticeable hitstun, and facing them :ohwell:

I really wanna know more of the DAir wonders, Noobicide!

Top Bottom