• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff General Discussion Thread (Q&A)

PND

Smash Champion
My run down on the neutrals

If the character lacks good platform pressure, then I like BF. Characters that I like playing on BF include Captain, Ganon, Fox, and Lucario, and Ice Climbers. For everyone else, there's FD / SV. Don't fight a Diddy on this level, take him anywhere else.

FD has larger blastzones (good for us) and the lip to mess with people's recoveries. Great level for her.

SV is better against campier characters due to the size reduction, and resting the balloon is the best taunt ever. The floating platform can lead to tech chased rests, and you can uair them safely through it if it's moving away from you, provided you drift the uair away from the direction it's moving. Note: this shield pokes if they're shield is low, and sets them up in the air for further chasing.

Yoshis is good against characters with multiple jumps and PK kids, as it allows their recoveries to be intercepted much easier. The platform constantly moves, preventing it from being exploited too much, except for the likes of Snake, G&W, and Marth. Avoid them here, if you can. Work on using the wall to stage spike.

Lylat is great against characters with crap recoveries. Characters like Snake, G&W, and from my experience, Lucario, are really good on this stage. Don't take them here either.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I likes Battlefield for the platform sharking, and Fd for the simplicity and epic edges.
Sv is a great cross between the two, but lacks the stationary platforms and the epic edges.

(picto-chat is still the best stage though)

10pictochatbombs

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
I was talking to some people about momentum canceling, and I always use uair to momentum cancel with Captain Falcon because it ends faster than his other aerials. Someone said that the second kick of his nair counteracts more knockback. I also remember hearing that fair was supposed to be the best move to cancel momentum for Jiggs, even though it doesn't end the fastest. I don't see how aerial moves can counteract knockback. So I guess my question is, what is the best aerial for Jigglypuff to momentum cancel with and why is it the best?

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
I went with D3, lol. He covers or goes even with most of Jiggs' bad matchups, and isn't annoying as hell to pick up.

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, just wondering if anything about Jiggz' meta game has changed since September 08. I dont really like Brawl but I decided I might as well come back XD. Also whose the best Jigglypuff player(s) out there at the moment?

- Tyser

EDIT: Just noticed there was a thread for "advanced techs", but whose the best Jiggz at the moment?

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Yeah, just wondering if anything about Jiggz' meta game has changed since September 08. I dont really like Brawl but I decided I might as well come back XD. Also whose the best Jigglypuff player(s) out there at the moment?

- Tyser

EDIT: Just noticed there was a thread for "advanced techs", but whose the best Jiggz at the moment?
The best jiggs right now are probably pnd mike thinkaman and g-reg

PND

Smash Champion
As for the shieldbreak thing, when you do it in Spear Pillar or Weegees Mansion you just spin right round (like a record baby) against the ceiling. You take some damage as well, IIRC. Shield Break and Rollout breaks SSE.

As for the best Jiggs, top 5, in no particular order, would probably be G-Reg, Thinkaman, Woody, Glick, and I. Meta and Jigglymaster/Dapuffster are definitely contenders, and I've seen Jiggernaut play really, really well before.

Those are probably the top Jiggs

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Just wondering: Has there ever been a jigglypuff gimp topic? or something along those lines. I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything like that.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Just wondering: Has there ever been a jigglypuff gimp topic? or something along those lines. I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything like that.
There hasn't been one since I've been here, which is December. Gimping is generally discussed in matchup discussions.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
When/will the matchup discussions resume?

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
When/will the matchup discussions resume?
When someone feels like taking the reins and resuming them, lol.

Most leading Jiggs players left (for B+, or TIERZZZ) or are just inactive for whatever reasons. There's no one really running anything right now.

-Axle-

Smash Cadet
Quick questions:
1. Is it a good idea to use rollout to pressure/ fake out other players? I've been able to shrink people's shields a lot by just charging rollout out of range, and I find that if I jump forward and charge a rollout people expect a bair or pound and react accordingly and leave themselves open.
2. Would anyone want to arrange some friendlies some time, since I'm sort of new to brawl. You could tell me what to work on and I could see what you're doing right.

PND

Smash Champion
1) A lot of characters can punish it. But learning to use rollout to fake out the other player, as you mentioned, gives the move some use. Just, don't overuse it. It's really easily punishable.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
The key to Rollout is that it charges really fast and makes people freak out so that they respond in non-optimal manners. Also, in many cases the worst-case scenario is finishing Rollout off the stage to reset the situation.

If you Rollout high, chances are you are going to finish on the far side of the stage. If there were platforms along the way you go your jumps back, and either way you are now lower.

It is almost *ALWAYS* better to be lower than your opponent in Brawl.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
In general, how effective is planking with Jigglypuff?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I never really plank except in the more general sense of retreating to the edge against aggressive respawning opponents. She's pretty safe on the edge though--the ability to jump around far and low safely let's her stall without grabbign the ledge that often, if that's your thing. I've never really investigated it.

-Axle-

Smash Cadet
The key to Rollout is that it charges really fast and makes people freak out so that they respond in non-optimal manners. Also, in many cases the worst-case scenario is finishing Rollout off the stage to reset the situation.

If you Rollout high, chances are you are going to finish on the far side of the stage. If there were platforms along the way you go your jumps back, and either way you are now lower.

It is almost *ALWAYS* better to be lower than your opponent in Brawl.
ya rly

It sucks when you land on a platform above your opponent, especially small ones >_<

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I've got a question (derp why else would I be here):

A train leaves Michigan at 2:30 traveling 56Mph, a second train-

I think you get the idea...

anyway, I've really changed my play style around a lot and I find breaking sheilds happens to be one of my favorite passtimes, However, it usually takes 5 or so hits to kill a shielder (considering they're regen rate)

Besides pound, what breaking moves should I be doing?

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Rest takes out about 1/4 of a shield and has its hitbox expand when someone shields. Or you could just hit them with something that has range and shield poking would be useful, unless you really want to break their shield before you kill them for some reason.

Metatitan

Smash Master
This is brawl, unless you are charging a smash and they are trying to shield it, there should be no shieldbreaking. On occasion it may happen but your main shield pressure attacks will be Dair and Bair. Dair eats up shield and is safe, Bair is safer than Dair but does not eat up as much.

Icyo

Smash Ace
Not that I know of. F-tilt locks semi-work against walls though.
Just did it against a Peach for a little on Frigate Orpheon. Someone should look into this because I think it's possible.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
This is brawl, unless you are charging a smash and they are trying to shield it, there should be no shieldbreaking. On occasion it may happen but your main shield pressure attacks will be Dair and Bair. Dair eats up shield and is safe, Bair is safer than Dair but does not eat up as much.
I had the funniest clip for this. Playing a good opponent, catch him on a shield with shieldbreaker. He lands on BF the platform above. Footstool him on the way up accidentally and he's free.........

Icyo

Smash Ace
I had the funniest clip for this. Playing a good opponent, catch him on a shield with shieldbreaker. He lands on BF the platform above. Footstool him on the way up accidentally and he's free.........
You should of used that as a john and blamed sakurai.

Top Bottom