• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff General Discussion Thread (Q&A)

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
Who had the best Jigglypuff? The King (btw I wonder what's for dinner) or Mango?

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Who had the best Jigglypuff? The King (btw I wonder what's for dinner) or Mango?
Do you mean Melee Jigglypuff or Brawl? For melee I think you have it right. For Brawl, I think they are Thinkaman, PNDMike, and G-Reg. Someone correct me if I am wrong or I missed anyone.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
If Glick had stayed pure Puff and not quit vBrawl I honestly think he woulda been up there.

His Jiggs was amazing and is the sole reason I started playing Jiggs.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
If you could change one thing about Jigglypuff in brawl, what would you do? Btw, I'd make its rest as powerful as Melee's, but keep the knockback vertical.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Hey guys, can I ask you a quick question about Pound? Now, as we all know, Pound has a lingering hitbox. The question here is exactly how long the hitbox stays out for (in terms of frames)?

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Hey guys, can I ask you a quick question about Pound? Now, as we all know, Pound has a lingering hitbox. The question here is exactly how long the hitbox stays out for (in terms of frames)?
Copied from Alex's STICKED frame data thread:

Side Special
Hits on Frame: 13-28
Duration: 53

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
pound eats peachs airsidestep like a fat kid eats cake
Funnily enough, the reason I wanted to know is to test how it fairs against Peach's airdodge. But I didn't think it would be this bad. According to the frame data, if you're in the air and Jigglypuff does Pound, to avoid it you have to airdodge at the exact same frame as the attack comes out :mad:

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Funnily enough, the reason I wanted to know is to test how it fairs against Peach's airdodge. But I didn't think it would be this bad. According to the frame data, if you're in the air and Jigglypuff does Pound, to avoid it you have to airdodge at the exact same frame as the attack comes out :mad:
If it keeps on raining, the levee's gonna break :)

In short, because nair even has longer hitbox, Peach might have difficulty avoiding that.... Good to punish air dodges, unfortunately, she can hit through it, but pound is great on Peach.

SuSa

Banned via Administration

x4 decayed uair > x5 decayed uair > rest

I did minimal testing with a friend at his house (he got bored of testing) and it seems legit.

The problem is how situational it is.

1) It works between a certain range of %'s - character dependant
2) Your uair has to be decayed as hell. You can only do 2 uairs, not 3 because on the 3rd for some reason they can jump/airdodge before the rest hits.

EDIT:
(Luigi's Mansion, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), and other places where you can stale uair without hurting the opponent would make this more viable! Just thought of that)
/EDIT
3) We only tested this on Sheik (whom is pretty easy to uair juggle) and he couldn't escape.

Pretty useless, but thought I'd share/ask if you guys know about this already.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I don't see a situation in which staling Uair THAT much is more beneficial than say, Bair spamming. In the odd chance one would somehow use that many Uairs in a row, then yes, it's a great juggling move.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Personally, I think jiggs' best use is to get you ready to main kirby or ddd. They have many of the same principles as jiggs but theres actually a reward to using them: you can win.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Personally, I think jiggs' best use is to get you ready to main kirby or ddd. They have many of the same principles as jiggs but theres actually a reward to using them: you can win.
Odd; I've just recently picked up D3 with surprising results.

HE'S GOOD LOLOL.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
You missed the guaranteed rest part, didn't you? You also missed the edit that allows you to stale your uair enough to do so.
I misread the > symbols as "greater than" (go figure), but other than that, I didn't miss anything.

How good is the priority for rollout. I have seen it clank with a fully charged DK punch and is it wise to suddenly start charging a rollout near the opponent.
Fully charged, the priority's decent. It can plow through a lot of projectiles and clank with a variety of moves. The only time you would want to charge near your opponent is for tech chasing; it's too punishable otherwise.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Complete crap, I believe Jigglypuff's jab has higher priority. In short, I think its the lowest priority move in the game, anything that hits it beats it.
This.

Also I didn't post the uair>uair>rest thing to ask how good uair was at juggling. I wanted your guys' comment on the fact it's a ****ing guarenteed rest at KO %'s. It's something to look into because I only tested it on one character. You may not need a x4 decayed uair for it to work.

Top Bottom