• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff General Discussion Thread (Q&A)

PND

Smash Champion
I'm not sure. I've netted a few kills with it, but it's usually after I uthrow them then pound through their airdodge, chase with a fresh uair and I've killed medium weights around 120%.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
lol
I have a weird question for you guys :p

Does it hurt your hands (Mostly the left hand) when you play Jiggz?

I play brawl a lot and I've used lots of characters, but Jiggz is the only one that manages to put strain on my hand. This basically forces me to use her not as much as my other characters and not all the time. Kinda sucks

Iunno, maybe I just play like a ******....
Yeah, I bet that's it =/

illinialex24

Smash Hero
lol

I play brawl a lot and I've used lots of characters, but Jiggz is the only one that manages to put strain on my hand. This basically forces me to use her not as much as my other characters and not all the time. Kinda sucks

Yeah, I bet that's it =/
Yes. Actually, the answer is yes. My left hand is fine cause I haven't used her in forever or barely played Brawl, but yes.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
lol
I have a weird question for you guys

No, I have L set to shield and I SHAD too much with Ganon. I've gotten a tolerance for it.

Only thing you need your left hand for is to move and taunt. Set R to shield.

Yeah, I bet that's it =/
If you're not dying as Jiggs, you're doing something right.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
lol

Yeah, I bet that's it =/
yes playing as Jigglypuff use to hurt my wrists. Hell if I played her as much as I use to it would probably hurt my wrists now. She takes a lot of button output it's crazy.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Only thing you need your left hand for is to move and taunt. Set R to shield.

If you're not dying as Jiggs, you're doing something right.
Maybe I'll try that actually, I hope I can adjust.

And lol, lots of people actually compliment my Jiggz, more than my other characters >__>

So I must be doing something right ^__^

yes playing as Jigglypuff use to hurt my wrists. Hell if I played her as much as I use to it would probably hurt my wrists now. She takes a lot of button output it's crazy.
Yeah, I weave in and out a ton with her. And I bet rising pound is what's part of the cause of my pain too xD

Stupid Jiggz.....

Yes. Actually, the answer is yes. My left hand is fine cause I haven't used her in forever or barely played Brawl, but yes.
Ah, good to know it's not just me :)

PND

Smash Champion
I don't have problems playing Brawl, but when weightlifting or working out I sometimes get really sore wrists. I find wearing a thickbanded leather rock style watch on the problem hand (in your case left) alleviates a lot of the pain and discomfort by acting as a brace.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
I'm looking for a thread about drilling and the different hitstun effects it can have. I heard the Jigglypuff boards had this, do they?

(Seems to have included a video?)

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I'm looking for a thread about drilling and the different hitstun effects it can have. I heard the Jigglypuff boards had this, do they?

(Seems to have included a video?)
I think this was a long time ago, but anyway, a regular drill rest CAN be perfect shielded but I found some weird thing at the start of Brawl where a certain DI added to it with luck can create a true combo even on a DIing opponent, but it requires 7 hits of the 8 and its like the 7th doesnt hit and then its a true combo, its weird but unpractical.

Anyway, the only useful application is if the drill trips, its 100% a true combo.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
I honestly think that Jigglypuff can beat Metaknight if she gets the % lead and "camps" ALL match like literally ALL match. My question is how many ledge grabs is considered planking and what ways can she easily escape from Metaknight if she goes to edgeguard her.

PND

Smash Champion
Ledge grabs don't matter. With her aerial speed, air camping is all you need.

Just airdodge around a lot and stay away from him. You can do this for pretty much any matchup anyway. MK can jump after you, but in the air we're SO much faster than him. Use the ledges for refreshing your jumps if you can't land safely, and hop around and just ****ing frolic in the clouds. Then win when the timer runs out :laugh:

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Ledge grabs don't matter. With her aerial speed, air camping is all you need.

Just airdodge around a lot and stay away from him. You can do this for pretty much any matchup anyway. MK can jump after you, but in the air we're SO much faster than him. Use the ledges for refreshing your jumps if you can't land safely, and hop around and just ****ing frolic in the clouds. Then win when the timer runs out :laugh:
Quoted for truth MOSTLY, once u release from the edge, MK has enough time to drop down and U air or w/e and it will hit you. I haven't tried ledgedrop airdodge though, so once I try that and it works... then I officially have a character that I will be using vs MK... and running the timer out on :laugh: Let's see you plank better than Jigglypuff MK!

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Ganondorf's u-tilt creates a "magnetic wind" that draws in anyone under hitstun and then subsequently hits them. Z1gma wrote a thread on it a while back.

Wrong board Dina. :s
oops didn't know it was caused by Dorf.

tgrove69

Smash Cadet
Some guy on youtube said Jiggly's sunhat costume increases the hitbox of rest. Is that true?

PND

Smash Champion
No, it's an inside joke between certain members.

But I <3 you SO much for using this thread instead of making a topic. If I could give you positive rep/karma/review, you'd be getting it right now.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
But I <3 you SO much for using this thread instead of making a topic. If I could give you positive rep/karma/review, you'd be getting it right now.
Hell yeah. Thats my first thought whenever someone posts in this thread.<3

And tgrove69, there actually is a way to increase the hitbox of rest. If you rest an object that can be damaged, part of that object is inpregnated with rest's hitbox. This extention can be used to damage your opponent from a farther range. This can be used when resting a player on a free for all or team battle, an object/item, or a breakable part of a stage.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1nUkN3d3SM

tgrove69

Smash Cadet
Hell yeah. Thats my first thought whenever someone posts in this thread.<3

And tgrove69, there actually is a way to increase the hitbox of rest. If you rest an object that can be damaged, part of that object is inpregnated with rest's hitbox. This extention can be used to damage your opponent from a farther range. This can be used when resting a player on a free for all or team battle, an object/item, or a breakable part of a stage.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1nUkN3d3SM
Thanks for the advice man. While playing online, I was able to hit an opponent with rest directly after i hit with pound. I've only done it twice and idk how the hell i did it. But it was a good killer

Noobicidal

Smash Master
He posted like, twice, and then left.

I have no idea either. He's the Jigglypuff's Boxxy.

PND

Smash Champion
There was, but due to a lack of submissions I never really had a chance to update it so I just let it die.

As far as I know, Thinkaman, Jiggernaut and I are the only ones getting semi-ok placings with her currently.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
nevermind that question..anyone know what happened to meow??
I think he quit Brawl..not like I stalk his AiB profile or anything, nope.

some questions I have:
1. Who is currently the best Jiggs?
2. What is the current offical chatroom for Jiggs? I think I have it linked, but it's dead... ;_;
3. Does Japan have better Jiggs players? Since im pretty sure Jiggs is ranked higher in tier list there. I've only heard of 1 good one so far, though.

PND

Smash Champion
1) Best Jiggs? I'd say Thinkaman or G-Reg. Hard to say, though. There's no clear-cut best, and most of her players are leaving her for greener pastures. (High tiers, melee, brawl +)
2) There's isn't a chat currently running, to the best of my knowledge
3) I've only seen one Japanese jigglypuff, and they jumped around and air camped about as much as I do, which I attribute to her being higher in the tiers. She's actually phenomenal at maintaining a lead, it's GETTING the lead that's the problem. :laugh:

Top Bottom