• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
I've never actually played a starcraft game.
Heard it's alot like age of empires though, which i have played, so i might consider picking it up.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Haha SC2, my friends upgrading his 10 year old computer for this. He hasn't needed to upgrade since he plays SC1,

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Argh I promised myself I'd go see it, but alas, no dice.

I need some costume ideas, costume you've worn?

Glick

Smash Lord
Wow honestly I'm surprised some of you guys still play jigglypuff after all this time

it's been a while since i've been on here ;)

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Wow honestly I'm surprised some of you guys still play jigglypuff after all this time

it's been a while since i've been on here ;)
I'm surprised to see you come and post here. It's good to see you, Glick.

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
I'm back! Did you miss me. Wow Glick came back too. Even if I kinda gave up on Brawl. I use brawl for other stuff like making "mini games". (I find Jigglypuff good in other things in Brawl)

When I play a game that has combos in it, I always remember when Jigglypuff had those good combos back then. Sorry I haven't been here for a while. I'm too busy with other stuff.:ohwell:

I wonder what's going on. Any new videos of Jigglypuff?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Argh I promised myself I'd go see it, but alas, no dice.

I need some costume ideas, costume you've worn?
Marluxia, Luigi, Popo (though you need a Nana) and those are just the anime conventions costumes. Next time im going as Lexaeus. *I'm a big KH fan* I actually got my photo taken 200x with vids ;D it was fun with a whole group.
Go something fun that could be reworn or slightly changed to be another character. Like me and the Organization from KH.

Also PTAD is fun as Jiggz ;o

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Me(Jiggs/Diddy) and Vex(DDD/G&W) got 17th out of 88 entrants in doubles.

We got 2nd seed in Pools losing to Chu and Junebug (Kirby & Lucario)

In the bracket
We beat a Japaense Team (DDD & MK) 2-0
We lost to Blackanese and T.O. Joe (Double MK) 0-2

We beat a team that we already had beaten in our pool (Kirby & Rob) 2-0
We barley beat Kingtoon and Squall (MK & TL) 2-1
We lost to Anti and CO18 0-2

Against Anti I think I landed drill to rest on him about twice in the set lol.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Wow nice. DO you know if any jiggs are participating in singles?

Why is jigglypuff so cool.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Almost made it out of round 2 of pools with Puff.

I had Logic, Keitario, TUSM, GDX, and Dark Peach in my pool in round 2.

Logic's Olimar 2-0'd me along with Everyone else

GDX's Diddy Kong beat mine in a ditto, I changed to Jiggs, beat him in Frigate, he took me to BF and I won the match with drill to rest with me being at 140% last life.

Keitario's Falco 3 stocks my Diddy Kong, I change to Jigglypuff again and beat his MK on RC. He takes me to BF with Flaco and I beat him with Jigglypuff.

At this point I was pretty sure that i was going to be in the bracket since I had beaten a first seed. Little did I know that TUSM was 2nd seed and not GDX. TUSM's DDD goes on to 2-0 me because I didn't use Diddy for some reason.

Logic gets 1st Seed, Keitario gets 2nd Seed, and TUSM got 3rd seed. I got 4th. If I had beaten TUSM I would've had 2nd seed.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
PTAD is so awesome as JP. i don't have to do anything :3

Me(Jiggs/Diddy) and Vex(DDD/G&W) got 17th out of 88 entrants in doubles.

We got 2nd seed in Pools losing to Chu and Junebug (Kirby & Lucario)

In the bracket
We beat a Japaense Team (DDD & MK) 2-0
We lost to Blackanese and T.O. Joe (Double MK) 0-2

We beat a team that we already had beaten in our pool (Kirby & Rob) 2-0
We barley beat Kingtoon and Squall (MK & TL) 2-1
We lost to Anti and CO18 0-2

Against Anti I think I landed drill to rest on him about twice in the set lol.
really nice, good job!!

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
At this point I was pretty sure that i was going to be in the bracket since I had beaten a first seed. Little did I know that TUSM was 2nd seed and not GDX. TUSM's DDD goes on to 2-0 me because I didn't use Diddy for some reason.
I was actually third seed in that pool. Also, I was kinda hoping you would go Diddy since I had just beaten GDX at the time. I was wondering where that G&W came from.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Good news for u guys, I'm making part 4 of How to Play as Jigglypuff.

Its currently 10 minutes 35 seconds long right now (Can be up to 15 minutes long now thanks to Youtube)

It covers Jigglypuff's Counterpicks/Bans. Basically I believe that Jigglypuff's counterpicks can be based on how heavy her opponents are and whether or not Drill to Rest is effective on them. Characters such as Snake or DDD, Drill to Rest is useless so having a low ceiling will do nothing but hurt you. So for those characters you want to pick the Highest Ceiling as possible, and for characters that are light and and vulnerable to Drill to Rest such as Metaknight and Diddy Kong, you would bring them to stages with very low ceilings.

To find out what levels had the highest and what had the lowest ceilings I recorded the lowest % I was able to rest Metaknight off the top on every single platform on every single legal stage in the game (excluding most of the places in Delfino, the other side of Frigate, and everything but the Ship in RC, just because it was going to take way to much time to find out the % with such short time.

For example: Why have to kill Metaknight with Drill to rest at 59% on Smashville when you could be killing him with Drill to rest at 46% on Halberd? (Btw when I mean this hes at 46% before you do Drill to Rest, not when you do rest or after you do it.)

Then I discuss specific counterpicks such as Jungle Japes showing how long Jigglypuff can live there by having her survive strong upsmashes, utilts, and uairs. Then showing how easily she can kill there horizontally with her Fair which is one of the strongest in the game. Then I show more minor things about the level such as being able to use Rollout with little punishment and using the small platforms on the sides to your advantage. I've got 5 extra minutes to put more stuff in so I'm probably going to record some real gameplay examples (against real opponents) when I get the chance.

Heres the list I made, the "You may want to pause" is just there because its going to be shown briefly in the video. Remember that these %'s represent the soonest possible times Metaknight can die from Rest alone, not Drill to Rest. (Without DI) Also, stages with multiple %'s means that there were more platforms.

Such as Halberd, it has two platforms, the bottom one kills at 46%, the top one kills at 35%

Basically your Counterpicks against Heavy Characters would be the stages on the bottom of the list and your bans would be the ones on the top of the list and vice versa against Lightweight characters.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I like the sound of it so far...looking forward to it.

Dunno if you've seen this thread though: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=156908. The bottom of the OP has stage ceiling heights for a lot of stages.
I see, though some of the levels were not in the same order as the way I found them out. Probably because Mario's Upsmash and Jigglypuff's rest work differently. Also, making this list also lets people know when they can kill Metaknight as soon as possible.

Sure your not going to kill Metaknight at 59% on Smashville with rest because he'll DI it, however if you do DRILL to Rest starting at 59% then he will die. Drill does about a good 13-17%. I for one want to kill Metaknight as soon as possible so I'm not going to hesitate to do drill to rest the very second he goes over the % hes guaranteed to die, otherwise I'm going to have to wait till 100% to kill him.

Just because Drill to rest isn't a true combo unless they trip does not meant it won't work. MANY people have a very hard time dodging it even after being hit by it multiple times before. Learning when everything starts to kill makes will make you know the matchup alot. The Metaknight most likely doesn't know you can kill him at 46% on Halberd, but you do...

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Good stuff Jigglymaster, I have watched some of your vids before. They are very nice.
Can't wait :)

Top Bottom