• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In the memory of n00b.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Wish this didn't have to happen to those who have just begun their journey along the long and wondrous path of life. Its interesting to note how online communities can show sympathy and empathy in times such as these; apparently video games do more than serve as a way to pass time.

My condolences to his family and all that knew him.

Loto

Smash Ace
How gay. I never got to meet him nor play him in Falcon dittos either but, R.I.P Nes N00b. I always heard about him from hungrybox/pb&j wish I got to met him. =/

chamberlin

Smash Ace
When I first met NES n00b, I thought he was kind of strange at first. But, as I got to know him better, I soon realized that there was much more to this person. Not only was he extremely talented at Smash, but he tried very hard in every game he played and was very passionate and knowledgeable about everything. He also grew to be one of the most fun Smashers ever. Everyone always wanted to be around him.

Here's some of my fondest memories of n00b:

-He gave me all the pain fries I could ever want
-He come all the way from Mississippi to hang out in my house in Arkansas, multiple times
-I loved watching him school people in Melty Blood, Smash, or any other game that he played.
-Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
-The mountain combo
-Him making raptor hands while he played Melee or any other game
-Watching him grow from a scrub into a Melee pro.
-I was so proud when he won his first big tournament.
-He gave me so much sound smash advice and helped me become a better player.
-He would look at me while he did crazy combos to me. I still dunno how he did that.
-Squaaaaaaak! or any other random thing he'd say during Smash.
-I loved the logic that he would bring to arguments on Smashboards and IRL.
-I also loved the fact that he was my friend and that I got to know him. I'm lucky in that respect.

When I think of Ryan, I remember the fact that he was a great person all around. He will be missed.

.Marik

is a social misfit
F*ck, this article made me tear up a bit, just from reading the comments of everyone who misses him...

I'm really sad this happened, Ryan was a great person and a talented Smasher, from the sounds of it.

I hope he's in a better place, performing Knee combo's on people in heaven with the Mute City theme playing in the background.

R.I.P. NES n00b.

:(

Reality sucks.

I support the moment of silence at Pound 4. It seems like a wonderful idea.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Sad moment for the Smash Community.

I never had the pleasure of meeting NES n00b but heard he was a great player and an equal or greater human being. My thoughts and prayers go out to those that knew him as well as his family.

R.I.P

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
Just like some others, I never got the chance to meet nes n00b, but considering what people are posting here, he seems like a really good and upcoming smasher, and also a thoughtful and generous individual outside of the smash community. I just wanted to pay my respects to this fallen smasher and wish the best for his family and friends for their loss.
R.I.P Nes N00b, you will be missed...

Watty

Smash Lord
I didnt know the guy really he rocked me at the last SMYM. Just won a tourney kid was getting to good at this game....

RIP

prayers go out to family and friends

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Reposting from another board because it's important.

I played him at Greatest Melee, Tipped Off 4 and Genesis.. He was super fun to play with.. his Falcon was mad funny and also we would shout out all the time when we did great combos and all that... I loved punishing him while the other way around was good too...

**** life sometimes... RIP Nesnoob, you will be missed a lot.. my prayers go to you. May the light protect you and follow you always wherever you are right now.

Sinensis

Smash Cadet
This is so hard for my mind to grasp... NES n00b was an amazing smasher; Ryan was an exceptionally optimistic and honest person, and he poured his heart into everything he did. He was such a beast, and I wish I had spent more time with him...... It's unfortunate that it sometimes takes a loss of this magnitude for the goodness of something/someone to be made so intensely apparent and appreciated.

I'll never forget when n00b beat someone in pools at a tournament; the person n00b beat complained and acted like he thought those matches were just friendlies. Because he was so generous and considerate, NES n00b went ahead and played another set with him. N00b didn't win the second set of matches, but he didn't let that bother him and he went on to tie with that person for 5th.

N.n. - What a beast.

RDK

Smash Hero
its too bad there is no share stock in real life. i would totally give him my second life, but i think i can handle the situation myself.

edit: btw the p2w site is still up.
P2W love <3

n00b reps forever

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I never talked to him or met him...but this is a sad loss for the SWF community and his friends and family.

RIP nes n00b!

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I only just found out about this.

RIP NES n00b / Ryan. First and foremost my condolences go out to the family and friends.

I just recently discovered n00b's Falcon and it quickly became one of my inspirations. This is saddening news indeed. I'll be using the tag "NES" on my Falcon in n00b's memory. I only wish I could have met him, as he's inspired me so much in such little time.

May the mountain combo live on in memory forever.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
I've never meet him so I don't know what to say.
I just remember his posts on the Falcon Boards.
He was always there to help the new Falcon mains with some tips and advices...
I remember the match against Matt R... Not even a mountain can't stop his combos.
A very good member of the community.
I'm shocked.

R.I.P. NES n00b

j00t

Smash Champion
Man... why is it so gut-wrenching the second day you've learned that you have lost someone?

Every time I go to a tournament I know that I won't see him there. I'll still look for him, and I'll be hurt every time... He's really gone.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
a big part of me doesn't want to believe it happened. part me hopes that he'll show up to the next tournament with that big smile of his. he was a great guy

phish-it

Smash Champion
I never met the guy, but I'm sorry to hear this, and it would seem selfish if I didn't say anything about it. Judging by the community's response to his death, he seemed like a great person. Things can happen unexpectedly, you can never really take anything for granted. RIP Nes Noob......

-MCT-

Smash Cadet
It's touching how the post count of this thread just grew on and on... I don't know how many new pages popped up during the time I was reading older replies. Man, this game really unites people...

Farewell, Nes N00b, the Italian C. Falcon players salute you. I never got a chance to even talk to you personally, but I loved your posts and I regret I will never have a chance to thank you for all those advice for playing against Falco. Not in this life, at least... I'll think about you every time Pokémon Stadium shapeshifts.

BUM163

Smash Lord
R.I.P to nes noob. It's real sad to hear news like this. my condolences to his fam. This is why you should enjoy life to the fullest cause you don't ever know what can happen to you.

Rappster

Smash Ace
what the hell kind of a jacked up world is this?

This great person, amazing smasher. had his whole life in front of him.
and its taken away by some idiot who can't drive on their own side of the road!!!

And his mom. not only did dad die recently, she has to attend her own son's funeral. no one should ever outlive their kids.

Top Bottom