• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Final Fantasy all over again. When the MMO Halo 14 comes out in the year 2021 where you wire your brain to a machine that allows you to control your character's full body motions using only your thoughts, it'll probably die down a bit after that. Then six years later they'll come out with Halo 15, for which you pilot a real spaceship into orbit and shoot down other players in their real spaceships, ultimately ending in mass murder and lawsuit... then Bungie will be done.

/takingittoofar

:034:

•Col•

Smash Champion
I dunno why you find it so hard to believe that MLG would drop Brawl, Nysyarc... I mean, they bought Smashboards like 2 years before Brawl was even added to their circuit.... >_>

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
It's not that I find it hard to believe it's that I haven't heard any reliable news of them planning to, just rumors and speculation. I am a man of science and evidence.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I don't think MLG ever did more than Gamebattles with the CoD series, though I could be wrong. If there is no LAN for CoD, it won't be in the circuit.
Actually i believe CoD will be at MLG Dallas... I was watching a video on youtube by some CoD clan called Optics and it had one player(channel owner) and 2 others watching replay of a game and discussing stuff and he mentioned how they are in 4v4 online qualifiers for MLG Dallas and that they expected to get like top 3 at the event. I don't know though we will see at MLG (lol that rhymed)

I will not be attending MLG unfortunately... Unless.. I get more money and convince my parents to let me go late friday night the night before I have an SAT. So yeah.. Sucks that when Dallas has a Major event i can't even go to it XD.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Bungie has announced time and again that Reach was THEIR last Halo game to be produced.
Now, if Bungie hands Halo over to someone else to manage the community and they end up taking up the torch and making more... that won't be Bungie doing it.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Pretty sure that when Bungie split from Microsoft and became an independent company, Microsoft got to keep all rights to Halo. So its pretty much their call on who they want to work on the next game.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
343 Industries is making the next Halo game. Some exBungie employees work for 343 now, so it should be good.
I used to work at the Apple Store, and now I'm working on the next new big phone...does that mean the phone is gonna be good?

Oh and my MLG Dallas hopes were rekindled. 50/50

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Nys, look at my post in the PR discussion. Can we just move that thread here and have it only be seen by the PR board? Kinda lame to always go there to check what's going on >_>.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Nys, look at my post in the PR discussion. Can we just move that thread here and have it only be seen by the PR board? Kinda lame to always go there to check what's going on >_>.
Well, it's a good idea and I definitely agree it's annoying to keep checking there, but the only way to have something in the Ike boards with limited permissions would be to create a sub-forum. Only Admins can do that and I doubt they'd think our reasons were good enough. They'd probably suggest we use a social group as an alternative, lmao.

If you guys seriously think it'd be that much better though, I can ask one of the more easy-going admins and see what happens. Nothing to lose really
besides my credibility with them

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Nys, try talking to Hylian, and tell him Mr. Doom sent you. (Though I doubt that's gonna help any bit...)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
never really played fallout properly.
the only shooter i've ever really been interested in is halo 3/reach and thats pretty much only for forge mode

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Yesterday, I was fooling around with Ike a little bit. I F-throwed my opponents off-stage and then used a F-smash. Surprisingly, a lot of my opponents were caught in the F-smash(well mostly heavy charas).

I think that F-smash is great edgeguard tool against low jumpers but maybe my opponents didn't know how to deal with it so I want to hear your opinions. Is F-smash good for edgeguarding?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Nope. You can bait the opponent into airdodging into you now and then, but I'd rather stick with Up-smash when the opponent decides to get up or roll off the edge. That way, it attacks both sides.

Retreating F-air and N-air are better options because both can space you away, while hitting the opponent.

Oh, and this is for Light, and anyone else that cares.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gufhYicCUs4

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
lol. I saw that video in the PW thread.

Also thanks for the advise. I like using F-air for edgeguarding and I sometimes use F-smash to get a quick kill but it seems like U-smash is safer for that.

I've just got a last question.

B-throw-->DA doesn't seem to be guaranteed for me. I dunno but they usually spot dodge or shield it when I B-throw them.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It depends on the damage output of your opponent. I forgot where the list is, but each character is different. Also, it's recommended you buffer the DA so it starts up right after the throw.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Thanks. I think the list is in the thread that Ussi made.
I know for sure that MK and Ganon is guaranteed

MK is guaranteed from 20%-80%. I'll search for th rest in the list.

Top Bottom