• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ok...so help is greatly needed
ike is no longer fun to use and i seem to mess up absolutely every single button input i try to do with him, i can do it fine with any other characters but as soon as i pick up the giant sword i cant do anything right. HALP!
*hopes for a psychologist to be on here*

•Col•

Smash Champion
ike is no longer fun to use and i seem to mess up absolutely every single button input i try to do with him, i can do it fine with any other characters but as soon as i pick up the giant sword i cant do anything right. HALP!
Play as a different character for a week or two.

Then come back to Ike.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Inui's BBR application states this " I'm also much more knowledgeable about low tiers than most players. More people have been coming to me for advice than previously, which means I must be doing something right." XD

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
GP go main ROB now, you do more work for him too as it is.

It was like i said I mained Pikachu but I was writing the Ike guide... that i really need to get back at doing.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
The ledge grab limit for Aether is 5. So, you can use it to grab the ledge 5 times consecutively and the 6th time you will just fall to your death. This is reset only by landing on the stage as far as I know.

:034:

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I have two things that may help.

The first is a video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_hAbklYivc#t=14s

Haha, but seriously, if that one doesn't help, you may just CLICK HERE and read some of these threads a little bit.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
The ledge grab limit for Aether is 5. So, you can use it to grab the ledge 5 times consecutively and the 6th time you will just fall to your death. This is reset only by landing on the stage as far as I know.

You can also do ledge attacks to reset the number of times you grabbed the ledge using Aether.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
doesn't QD ledgegrab also reset that limit? I believe aether ledgegrab limit counts only if you do nothing but aether to ledgegrab 5 successive times.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
No, QD ledgegrab does not reset the limit. You must land on the ground or do a ledge attack in order to reset the limit.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
This is somewhat situational but landing on a Green Greens block (and breaking it with Aether) will count as touching the ground for the purposes of the ledgegrab limit.

On an unrelated note I will be CPing everyone to Green Greens in the next biweekly.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh dude time outs on wifi normally mean about 9 minutes due to lag.

plsu cheers to all for the tips, so i think ill be avoiding ike for a bit, ill still do the bi-weekly but you can guarantee ill be rubbish

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I'm going to a tournament this weekend. Hopefully things turn out well. I heard Lain, Atomsk, and Shugo are attending this.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Oh My GOD. GP, why do you have to make so much drama out of this? You're probably the johnniest person on the Ike boards next to Slaps. And there's a huge difference.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Oh My GOD. GP, why do you have to make so much drama out of this? You're probably the johnniest person on the Ike boards next to Slaps. And there's a huge difference.

Wait a minute?
No mention of Niddo?

Disappointing, bored.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Niddo doesn't even play the game anymore...or does he? He hasn't shown up to a fest, tourny, free food in ages. -Waits for a john-.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
True.
I think the last thing Niddo went to...was when we were still at Gamelot for our tournaments. That ended somewhere in...2008-ish?

We DID have a Smashfest at Nike's that he went to once, only because it was supposed to be at UTSA, which he went to at the time.

jeez.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
No, I went to an actual tournament Nike hosted. Finished 2nd last because I was one of 4 people who didn't get a free past to the next round, even though I won two sets. >_>

The smashfest after the UTSA fail was at Judge's house IIRC.

And I can't get a job until late november/early december at best because it's a two step process to renew my work permit and governments are amazingly slow as getting those done. There be my john.

Judo777

Smash Master
curious about ikes jab cancels. Is any set number of jabs guaranteed. Is it dependent on SDI? also does ike have guaranteed followups after jabs?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Jab 1 to jab 1 is nearly a true combo on most characters. Depending on the opponent's weight and SDI, they can get out after the first jab. Some opponents that come to mind are Jiggs and Zelda. So I think.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'm fairly sure they can't get out of the first Jab 1 -> Jab 1, but they can get out of anything after that...

Jab 1 -> Grab is nearly a true combo. They have to be frame perfect basically to get out, again SDI dependent.

Jab 1 -> Utilt and Jab 1 -> Bair are both not true combos, but often used followups.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Actually, depending on where they are when you first Jab them, a floaty character like Jiggs can even escape a frame perfect Jab 1 -> Jab 1 with SDI, I've had it happen. Jab 1 -> Jab 2 -> Jab 3 is more likely to connect against characters like that because of the extra range on Jab 2 and 3, as well as the fact that it's just faster to hold A and string those together than it is to Jab cancel; you can string the next Jab in line quite a lot sooner than you can loop back to Jab 1.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Sometimes, jab1->uptilt really does seem like it combos..

@Slaps: Deal with it.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I wanna see as many ikes as possible at this event. Its during spring break so its gonna be HUGE!!!
Unfortunately spring break up here in NS is in February this year because the Canadian Winter Games are taking place the week right after (so we get Christmas break and then a two week break in February). However, I still could find a way to make this happen. I really want to do a WHOBO and I'm worried that if I don't try for this one I may not be into Brawl as much by 2012.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Unfortunately spring break up here in NS is in February this year because the Canadian Winter Games are taking place the week right after (so we get Christmas break and then a two week break in February). However, I still could find a way to make this happen. I really want to do a WHOBO and I'm worried that if I don't try for this one I may not be into Brawl as much by 2012.

Yea the same goes for me. I fear this may be my last whobo due to me being married now. I would love to meet you and any other ike players i have not met at whobo 3. you ike kids are some of the coolest guys ive met. just try and go, if u cant then its ok with me

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
O_O Papa Xyro is married??? That's news to me. >_>
Man, we still need to like play each other. You beat me at OH SNAP, but I want to redeem myself.

Top Bottom