• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
It seems easy if the Ike is recovering low because Bowser will be able to be above Ike in a good amount of time, or even do a grounded bowser bomb(?) but if Ike throws aether at a medium height below the stage, is bowser quick enough to get above Ike in time? If Ike is at a medium distance, the timing is much stricter because Ike has leeway on when he can aether. Ike can aether bowser's downB on reaction if bowser does it too early, too.

It'll probably be easier for bowser to time a fair (or bair if it works on aether) from a 45 degree angle above the horizontal.
And this is why I need to come back to New York.

Or you guys could not worry since there are like -2 Bowser mains anyway.

hey guys i remember someone saying something about the wolf MU awhile ago and his d throw gimp on us. I don't know why i didn't remember this but you can tech his down throw. So unless he grabs you right over the edge it is survivable.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I thought Ryko proved that CG didn't work after a certain point...

either that or he lied to me when we played. Jerk.
Normally Ike can Bthrow until 45% or so, pummel and then Dash Attack for the 60% combo.

I am fairly certain that Ike can use his initial dash instead of the full run to make the CG effective until past 80%.

But do you know how much I care to test this out?

Not at all.

A quarter of a hundred bucks for that?

I could have like 25 kids in China EACH make me one of those for 25 bucks.

And they'd thank me for the dollar too.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
It was mentioned already. Wolf can tech chase it.
If you do happen to tech the throw, don't do a tech roll. I believe it's better to do a standing tech to a jab. I think that comes out faster than any of his moves. Be wary of a shielding Wolf, though, because you'll wind up getting grabbed again. In that case, just grab him; you're close enough to do so.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
When I played Seagull's wolf at Apex, we just had fun trying to mindgame each other trying to guess way I teched.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faOIbBbwDR8
^SJR stuff.
ISJ with Ike is not possible unless I'm getting the terms mixed up because Ike can SJR.
Or there's something I don't know. .-.
Wait, I thought that ISJ stood for infinite second jump.

:EDIT: *pasted from the smash lab terms list*
Infinite Second Jump (ISJ) ?better term? {performing a double jump right before landing with certain aerials or specials; instead of landing, you double jump, refreshes double jump}

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Uhhh, I dunno. lol
I thought ISJ was like Ganon doing midair jump->Uairs endlessly without touching the ground.
SJR is second jump recovery, which is getting your midair jump back only once.

It was mentioned already. Wolf can tech chase it.
just wanted to make sure. And something else, about 2 weeks ago i was playing a toonlink and i teched the 2nd hit of down smash. It may have only been because of the slant yoshi's island provides but i cant really remember. Don't really remember what stage it was on.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Pretty sure I have a brain and I've never seen him place in anything with Ganondorf. Takes more than just doing good in some friendlies once in awhile to proclaim yourself top 5 for a character.

I beat a few of my buddies last night playing as Pikachu guys, I'm definitely a top 5 Pikachu based on that and just generally how full of myself I am.

:034:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Inui is a complete and utter joke. Last time I heard about him going Ganondorf, it was after he lost as Ike in his previous set, and ragequit'd the entire tournament.

This site should just hand him a permaban already. He's never going to actually contribute something worthwhile. Let him rot with the rest of the stupid people at AiB. He doesn't seem to understand that while his reflexes are good, he plays most characters like it's 2008. And yet he still believes he's basically the best with any character he uses not named MK. What a joke.

Any chance of passing that idea along to the head mods Nys? >_> <_<

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Whatever happened to that one thread that basically praised Inui as a god? I'm pretty sure it got locked, though.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Why were people saying that Inui stopped posting on Smashboards, anyway...?

I've seen him posting plenty lately, and he even applied to the BBR again...

•Col•

Smash Champion
Yeah, not very smart to just confront Inui with pretty much anything. No matter what you say to him, you'll never get through his thick skull to him.

Its better to try to ignore him, and even when he does get to you(which is usually just a matter of time), just vent your frustration by talking with pretty much any other Smasher friend, so you can just go "lolInui" together.

Plus if you look at pretty much anything he says without bias, or from the sidelines, it will typically be hilarious in one way or another.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Which is why he should just be smashed in the face with the banhammer for good. Not enough entertainment value to counteract the annoyance factor.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If Inui goes Ice Climbers Slaps will win 100%.

Btw, have we name-baited Inui enough by saying his name 2+ times a post yet? =p

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Or Ganon.
And I don't think Inui cares enough to post/lurk/search here.

San, I completely forgot what was the purposes/uses of a secondary jump button. Haaalp. ;[

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Nah, Inui is obviously too good for us until we admit Ike is beaten by shield camping, because he can apparently read minds and "knows" that San "knows" this. He also probably wouldn't have realized that this was sarcasm until this sentence.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Or Ganon.
And I don't think Inui cares enough to post/lurk/search here.

San, I completely forgot what was the purposes/uses of a secondary jump button. Haaalp. ;[
Quick retreating double jump on command while being able to input any aerial with cstick at any moment, buffered RAR bair. Offstage retreating double jump fair is great, and retreating double jump fair onstage easily punishes air dodges and retreating double jump nair onstage is useful for spacing if you double jump low enough.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Thanks, had a feeling it had something to do with using aerials with C-stick. Looks like I'm practicing the right things with it then. ;o

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I personally find it easier to use in those specific situations. In most matches, I only use my secondary jump offstage, or when the opponent is trying to get back onstage from the air. If it starts working for you too, that's great =)

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I use it for spacing SH aerials now since I usually put my fingers in a weird position when using aerials. Index finger on Y to SH, thumb on C-stick.
It's easier using R->C-stick. Index finger on R to SH, thumb on C-stick is comfortable.

Top Bottom