• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
well you can't really give much more than generalized advice considering after that it is all dependent on the players playstyle.. I never asked for you to point out everything in the matchup, or give me all the options possible to do. But honestly i think i really just didn't find anything useful in the "advice" you gave me.. especially since most snakes can just pull out another nade causing me to drop the one im trying to throw.. But I mean there are plenty of possibilities and i guess in a way what your saying could work but idk, just didn't feel like great advice to me... Whatever, XD debate master i tip my hate to you XD lol

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Pick DDD and CG. Shield grab everything.
Solid advice is solid.

And actually that's a great example of what I was getting at. If you're playing as DDD, you should abuse his grab range and CG as often as possible, but that doesn't mean it's all you have to do. When playing as Ike, abuse Jabs wherever possible but be aware of your other options as well. Giving over-generalized advice like that will hopefully get players using those great moves/techniques more often, and in doing so, notice how bad many of their other options are in contrast.

The more you let people learn on their own, the better off they'll be in the end. That's the way I see it anyways. Provide the fundamentals and let it go from there.

Anyways, I should get to bed because I have a class tomorrow.

:034:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Will trade Final Destination or Temple for a stage that doesn't suck ***. Someone get me Norfair or Brinstar, will pay handsomely.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
You should go over there, spot-dodge the custom bullet attacks, and then f-smash him. Just make sure your HP doesn't drop below zero.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Some updates. There were two men. Both had AK-47s. First guy fired shots outside the library and retreated to teh 6th floor where he killed himself. Second gunmen is some buildings down, and the SWAT team is working on him right now. No one is hurt.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Update: They are not allowing anyone out from the shooting area and the area near the tower. Buildings anywhere else, they are asking people to come out with their hands up and are being told to go home. Hopefully, they will be getting to where I am soon so I can get out and get back.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
if you have to trade cards for cards how can you collect them all cause you always lose cards while receiving so wouldn't you technically stay at the same amount? And you got this Bored, guns ain't got **** on you! XD haha

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I've done a ****load of 2 for 1s.
Collecting all character cards atm. This card system is addicting. D;
Bored, in that type of situation, I wouldn't be on smashboards. lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
There isn't much for me to do. I'm stuck at the gym (not the one next to the shooting, but 5 minutes walking distance down). Once the SWAT comes and searches us, I'll head back.

Edit: Lockdown is over for most areas including mine. I'm heading back.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I heard that the university has been closed for the rest of the day. Are you still there, or did you go home already?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well that was fun. Seems like they are still holding everyone tight on the crime scene. I'm gonna eat and watch House. I need to relax.

I'm back at my apartment. All University activities are closed for today.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
interesting day for bored then?
im confused as to why the guy would spray bullets before commiting suicide, wouldnt you liek try and rampage before suiciding, or jsut do it qiuetly in your own home, lord pick one or the other -__-

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Apparently campus is "all clear", according the the UTPD. Didn't see any mention of fatalities or injuries other than the shooter who killed himself, so I hope that means no innocents were hurt.

I'm kind of glad all the UNTPD has to deal with are traffic violations and drug busts. Lots and lots of drug busts. Liberal arts students don't shoot people. They just smoke weed.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
You trade one for two? Two for three? You know...something like that?
I thought I read that being active on AiB gets you more cards.

@Bored: Thank goodness everyone was safe (except for that one gunman)

Over here I'm not really sure, but we supposedly have a tornado warning. And we juast had one like 2 weeks ago.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
It has nothing to do with the teching part: it's Bowser stealing the ledge from Ike mid-aether thanks to SAFs, while dealing free damage to Ike and putting him in a bad spot for more damage and more Bowser Bombs to aether. >_>

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Well, either way you're still eating damage, right? You can Aether onstage to avoid the Bowser Bomb, but ledgehopped klaw will still get you. :l

Like, I REAAAAAAALLY hate theorycrafting, so I'll wait until I come home (in like 2 weeks?) and get Red to come over so we can test this out or something, unless you guys have someone who's willing to just sit there and Bowser Bomb aimlessly...lol

Unless I'm correct. :3

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
What is the probability that you're going to meet a Bowser player in bracket? In my entire Brawl "career", I haven't met one ever. But even then, why is the Ike recovering so low? However, as Niddo says, take the extra damage. If I recall, Bowser Bomb launches you straight up if your damage is high enough.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I think it's just you Bowser mains being salty over the fact we can CG and combo Bthrow into Dash Attack. >_> <_<

Let's just say it's a gay MU for both characters.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I thought Ryko proved that CG didn't work after a certain point...

either that or he lied to me when we played. Jerk.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
After a certain percent it doesn't work, and it's not particularly easy to pull off anyways, but Bthrow to DA does work well against Bowser for quite awhile.

I couldn't get those .gifs to load in my browser though so I don't even know what this is all about, lol. Maybe it has something to do with the 'DO NOT HOTLINK' in the links?

:034:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It seems easy if the Ike is recovering low because Bowser will be able to be above Ike in a good amount of time, or even do a grounded bowser bomb(?) but if Ike throws aether at a medium height below the stage, is bowser quick enough to get above Ike in time? If Ike is at a medium distance, the timing is much stricter because Ike has leeway on when he can aether. Ike can aether bowser's downB on reaction if bowser does it too early, too.

It'll probably be easier for bowser to time a fair (or bair if it works on aether) from a 45 degree angle above the horizontal.

Top Bottom