• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
So, tomorrow is my big tournament, the annual Halifax HellaSmashed. I'm aiming for top 5 in singles, but it's doubles that I'm really looking forward to. I'm teaming with a really good Wario main and we play off each other really well; I honestly think we can take first. There's only one team I think that has a good chance of beating us, so we should at least make it to GFs for sure.

Anyways, wish me luck guys, I'll be gone to it all day tomorrow; and I'm going to bed now so I'm well-rested.

:034:

Yamato Hong

Smash Apprentice
So, tomorrow is my big tournament, the annual Halifax HellaSmashed. I'm aiming for top 5 in singles, but it's doubles that I'm really looking forward to. I'm teaming with a really good Wario main and we play off each other really well; I honestly think we can take first. There's only one team I think that has a good chance of beating us, so we should at least make it to GFs for sure.

Anyways, wish me luck guys, I'll be gone to it all day tomorrow; and I'm going to bed now so I'm well-rested.

:034:
Good luck to you then! ^-^ Hope to attend a tourney around my area too!

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yea, that's right Jam. Also, just be careful not to get too predictable with aether spam on edge. DDD can suck you off stage, and to your death. On wifi, it's already tough enough to control aether as it is, so be sure to hold back in case you get caught in it.

I think Metroid posted a video of this happening to him a long time ago.

Edit: San, I just torrented myself a copy of Brawl last night in case something were to ever happen to my disc. The highest seeded file was 8 gigs, but I stuck with getting the usual 4.7. Which one did you get?

2nd Edit: Right now, Woot is having one of those woot off sales, where they change product everytime it sells out. Pinnacle Studio Ultimate Version 12 for 30 bucks.
The 8 gigs. Funny, the backup file came down to like 6.X which is still greater than 4.7. I'm just glad I don't need to buy another brawl that's still more than likely full price or near full price. Whenever something legit bad happens to me like my brawl disc gets stolen or my wii gets corrupted, I attack back lol.

I've just now started to play my 2nd pc game from the july 04 steam sale, Borderlands. I'm having quite a bit of fun with it. It's not perfect, but it's still nice and fun and worth the budget price I paid for it. This is coming from someone who's not really into multiplayer FPS that much. Guess I'm more open-minded than I thought.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Whenever something legit bad happens to me like my brawl disc gets stolen or my wii gets corrupted, I attack back lol.
I prefer to get the preemptive strike in that scenario, if you know what I mean.

Also I'd never even heard of woot.com, thanks Bored.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Yea, that's right Jam. Also, just be careful not to get too predictable with aether spam on edge. DDD can suck you off stage, and to your death. On wifi, it's already tough enough to control aether as it is, so be sure to hold back in case you get caught in it.

I think Metroid posted a video of this happening to him a long time ago.
That was so lame :(.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ganon is now top tier.

We're still setting stuff up in the apartment. We left at 7 am, got here at 10:30, and been building this, moving that, driving to go get this...all on an empty stomach -_-.

Currently setting up the futon...then we got the TV. Then we're done! Doing all of this on one hour of sleep.

how does ike do against the ice climbers? i can see it being pretty even but im not sure. it would seem like they cant punish nair with a grab unless ike is on top of them and if nana gets separated she is dead.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
General consensus says it's even. Ike's range and ability to easily destroy Nana help a lot. IC's also get hurt by CP stages a bit. But even with all that, well, it's ICs. You mess up, you get CG'ed to death.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Added with two facts that:

Ike is rare in tourney play

Ike is HARD to CG

add them together and you got dropped grabs :D

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
heavies are harder to CG, ike is a CG people usually do not practice so people do drop them

however in highest levels of play still even, Ike just messes up Nana

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
If you can only manage to get nana/popo out of the picture then the match should be 65/35 in ike's favor the recovery for the remaining Ice climber should be obvious and they shouldn't have many options in approaching an ike without a second ice climber.

If you want to separate ice climbers don't do many moves with ending lag that'll be your true downfall leading to a one grab or two CG kill you should do some hard spacing when facing IC's and don't become readable as in don't make your moves something they can plan out.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Ike is hard to CG in the same way that Captain Falcon is hard to CG with the Ice Climbers. Captain Falcon and Ike are very similar width-wise, height-wise and they are almost identical in weight. Since everyone else at their height level is either much heavier and more popular [Snake] or much lighter and more popular [Marth] people often overlook the Falcon / Ike area. If you can CG Snake, you can CG Ganondorf as well. If you can CG Marth, then you can CG Sheik and Zelda as well. There's no high tier character with similar weight / height stats as Falcon and Ike.

That made sense when I typed it. Tell me if it makes any sense on your end.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
after my experience in using ICs and practicing vs zelda in practice mode I am pretty sure the timing for zelda is not the same as sheik. I think it has a lot to do with character weight cause i remember CGing zelda fine and then switching to sheik and having to change my timing. I figure there to be 3 different timings for CGing with ICs, heavy, normal, light/floaty. I don't know if this is correct but thats what it feels like to me.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
hobbling, ike is one of the easiest to do it on

or so i think it is, i'm taking this from our resident ic main, and he almost always practises on ike/r.o.b because his only goal is to beat me (low target isnt it? XD)

so if he grabs me, i am dead...unless i shout the immortal words and he is guaranteed to drop it if i do XD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
wtf, no one cares.

Edit: I tried playing Wifi a few moments ago. Got that dumb 86420 error code with 4 straight people. I disabled the router's firewall, but still no go. Any tips?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
86420 iirc is just a nintendo network problem. It'll go away after a certain amount of time.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Still no look with this dumb wifi error. Tried changing my router's channel, filtering in the Wii's MAC address...nothing. Effffff....

I'm pretty sure it's the ISP here (Time Warner Roadrunner). It's an old router, but I used to use this back home when I had SBC Yahoo DSL. Don't know what to do about this anymore. Here I thought I could stay in Brawl shape if I couldn't attend the weekly fest.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Why should I use counter against ganon and risk getting messed up when I can easily just react to whatever he does?

A better example is me vs Atomsk when counter may have worked and instead I accidentally did getup attack rofl.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Don't counter warlock punch, you think its so slow then you use a slow counter too slow -.-
You could probably counter it with well enough timing to the point where he stops his charge breathing then when he releases you might get it. I would test this out but my wii still waiting for be recieved by nintendo so im useless atm. :ohwell:

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Or you could just find out the timing of warlock punch, ****'s telegraphed as ****, I'd do it to falcon and warlock punch any day of the week

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Beat Arc Rise Fantasia last night. Overall good game. Logged in 60 hours while doing a few additional quests. Still have to do the post dungeon though. I wish they had explored each character's background a bit more...it was kinda lacking.

In any case, here are some songs I liked from the game...I already put them on some stages for Brawl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxBginAJtBE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCBK7c88BDM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH3tHU2fIlo&feature=related

Top Bottom