• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

global-wolf

Smash Champion
The museum of natural history is pretty cool. It's really big and has lots of exhibits including a preserved giant squid and dinosaur skeletons.

The aquarium is really pretty, remember to take your camera.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Can anyone confirm the bthrow to buffered dash attack on a character (let's say MK) from 30-50%? Lots of my BTDA gets powershielded, and I'm not sure if I was buffering wrong or what.

look at kirks guide to help you determine when b-throw ends. I forget what the window to buffer is i think 6 or 10 frames before the move ends. I think that will help and just look at the animation to see when that is. I hope you get what i mean sorry im not very clear

Riffle

Smash Rookie
Hello. I'm Shilverse.
Thanks for reading my bad English XD
Those pecent are something wrong, I think.
In TrainingMode, Bthrow is always 6.0%.
In Groups(match mode), first Bthrow is 6.3%(×1.05).(Second is 5.7%(×0.9))
I think you know about this.

And I investigated about FthrowDA.

Bowser 63%-100%
Donkey 74%-98%
Link 69%-92%
Sheik 73%-83%
Ganon 71%-94%
ZSS 71%-81%
DDD 60%-96%
Fox 71%-80%
Falco 72%-81%
Wolf 80%-91%
Falcon 81%-92%
Ike 82%-92%
Snake 73%-96%
Sonic 77%-88%

These are not also in training mode.
First Fthrow(6.3%)

In training mode(6.0%)

Bowser 65%-103%
Donkey 77%-101%
Link 72%-95%
Sheik 76%-86%
Ganon 74%-98%
ZSS 74%-84%
DDD 63%-99%
Fox 74%-83%
Falco 75%-84%
Wolf 83%-94%
Falcon 84%-95%
Ike 85%-96%
Snake 76%-100%
Sonic 80%-91%

Some character can AirJump after Fthrow,
However, perhaps Ike can do DA before AirJump(or AirDodge).
I didn't investigate, sorry.
And these percentage are .00%(meaning a small number).
Bthrow percentage are not .00%.
So Fthrow percentage are righter than Bthrow's.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Hello. I'm Shilverse.

Bowser 63%-100%
Donkey 74%-98%
Link 69%-92%
Sheik 73%-83%
Ganon 71%-94%
ZSS 71%-81%
DDD 60%-96%
Fox 71%-80%
Falco 72%-81%
Wolf 80%-91%
Falcon 81%-92%
Ike 82%-92%
Snake 73%-96%
Sonic 77%-88%

First Fthrow(6.3%)

In training mode(6.0%)

Bowser 65%-103%
Donkey 77%-101%
Link 72%-95%
Sheik 76%-86%
Ganon 74%-98%
ZSS 74%-84%
DDD 63%-99%
Fox 74%-83%
Falco 75%-84%
Wolf 83%-94%
Falcon 84%-95%
Ike 85%-96%
Snake 76%-100%
Sonic 80%-91%

Give this person a life time supply of cookies for all this stuff.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Hello. I'm Shilverse.

Bowser 63%-100%
Donkey 74%-98%
Link 69%-92%
Sheik 73%-83%
Ganon 71%-94%
ZSS 71%-81%
DDD 60%-96%
Fox 71%-80%
Falco 72%-81%
Wolf 80%-91%
Falcon 81%-92%
Ike 82%-92%
Snake 73%-96%
Sonic 77%-88%

First Fthrow(6.3%)

In training mode(6.0%)

Bowser 65%-103%
Donkey 77%-101%
Link 72%-95%
Sheik 76%-86%
Ganon 74%-98%
ZSS 74%-84%
DDD 63%-99%
Fox 74%-83%
Falco 75%-84%
Wolf 83%-94%
Falcon 84%-95%
Ike 85%-96%
Snake 76%-100%
Sonic 80%-91%

could you also mention the character who could airjump/dodge?
And, was DI also taken into consideration for these number? I believe at the lower end DI would not matter but it would certainly at the higher end.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Hellu Ike Boards, you might be seeing me a lot here in the next little while asking questions about your character and how they perform on a certain stage.
Character boards seem to cycle through incomplete MU threads to new ones in hope to update them and finally complete them. This is the R.O.B. Boards attempt at completing a sufficient stage-discussion thread and I'm going to try my best to get accurate and thorough information, but I'll need your help. This will be the only question with an introductory. I just wanted to say hello and let you know that if you guys need info on anything for R.O.B. don't hesitate asking. ^_^

Anywho!

Q: How does Ike fair off on Delfino Plaza in general and against R.O.B.. Why is it good or bad? What can Ike abuse and what might possibly annoy you that R.O.B. can do on this stage? On a scale of 1 - 10, what do you see Ike's chances of doing well on this stage against R.O.B. 1 being the worst for you 10 being the best.

thanks guys =]
<beep3

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Delfino's biggest boost for Ike is how 1/3 of the time you don't get gimped. A small boost is water as Ike has dair and fair to kill people easily in water.

Another boost are the platforms, they usually are harder to capitalize on, but for Ike his range (usmash and aether high
Platforms) still pressures all the platforms.

Few negatives would be sharking for half the stage. However Ike can dair through the stage (though very hard, but can be done on predictable sharking that isn't MK's stupid disjoint)

The next would be the small amount of walls for ROB to dtilt wall lock for a little while though Ike can jab wall lock when spaced right. I don't think any walls are tall enough for the fthrow lock.

Another con is how ROB can camp from very large distances with his laser and gyro, though ROB can't do it forever, the longer distance will help ROB.

Delfino is a very popular Ike stage, its a big CP usually for Ike. I would put it 8/10 on for Ike to take ROB dependant on what made Ike lose last game. If it was gimps, then perfect, if it was camping, not the stage i would advise.

If ROB plans to CP here gauge at how much trouble Ike had getting past your camp game.

About all i got stage wise.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Actually Ussi, I believe the Shine Sprite gate's sides are tall enough for Fthrow lock.

Also, to better both boards' understanding of the MU, it would be good if you would agree to our inter-board bi-weeklies. We will most likely start with the Snake boards, but ask to be the next board we face. Check the ~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ for more information.

Hey Ikes, random question from me: how do you feel that the next tier list should look like?

Basically, I'm curious as to how everyone else thinks. I made this a while ago http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10837698 and feel that it's still accurate for my opinions.

/random topic starter.
we aren't mk mains we don't care about tier lists.:chuckle: I think marth or falco is behind mk. I do not believe snake is the 2nd best in the game. He is only there because people think he goes even with MK. i believe that a perfect marth can shut out almost anyone with his spacing game. In a game not revolving around combos one with range, priority and speed are the best and marth has those in spades and a few combos. And after watching DEHF at apex im convinced falco is 2nd or 3rd. His d-throw just leaves him with so many options and his camping and running away game is amazing. People are learning to use diddy's bananas so he might drop a place or two. I don't feel the tier list matters much anyway, learn the MU and play with your favs.

Bit off topic but a fun smash game to play is what i call a tier battles. Go up or down the list and play a character in each tier against someone who does the same. 1 stock is worth 1 point, 2 stock is two points, and 3 stock is 6 points. tie breaker, strike tiers like stages. Optional: No MK ditto

Yamato Hong

Smash Apprentice
I wish tiers never had their existance... ^-^ It'll just drain the fun out of the game if they become laws or whatever. And yes, I don't care too much about the higher tier characters. The only thing that puzzles me about the current list is Bowser above Ike!

Have you all seen this thread from Gimpyfish? http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267712
It was recently bumped.

EDIT: Ike just keeps falling on the tiers every update. He peaked at 25 on V1 and now at 29. I would be very devastated to see Ike plunge into the 30s range.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
we aren't mk mains we don't care about tier lists.
This.

Skill determines a winner not a queer tier list. I care not for if ike moves or not i just would like ppl to see he is underrated and deserves more recognition.

I think i might sig that also.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
On the contrary, I think MK mains are the ones that shouldn't care about a tier list....

Anyway, anyone who doesn't believe in tier lists is... bluntly.... dumb.

There's a guy near me who mains Link and seconds MK.
I beat his Link every time I play it.
I lost to his MK last tourney I played in.

Player skill doesn't ALWAYS matter. Whether you believe it or not, every character has their useful tools and their weaknesses. Some have better tools, some have some pretty **** stupid weaknesses, and some have a few of both. Characters ARE better than other characters and don't ever think that isn't true.

tl;dr-- You'd best start believin' in tier lists, Miss Turner. YER IN ONE.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
tiersr4queers.

How would tier lists become law exactly? They just measure how good a character is based on how well they can go against other characters. Calm down, not like some supreme being will come down from the heavens and say: "Because of tier lists, everybody must now use Meta Knight." I bet I can stop losing The Game before something like that even happens. Tier lists haven't ruined the fun for me yet.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
On the contrary, I think MK mains are the ones that shouldn't care about a tier list....

There's a guy near me who mains Link and seconds MK.
I beat his Link every time I play it.
I lost to his MK last tourney I played in.

Player skill doesn't ALWAYS matter. Whether you believe it or not, every character has their useful tools and their weaknesses. Some have better tools, some have some pretty **** stupid weaknesses, and some have a few of both. Characters ARE better than other characters and don't ever think that isn't true.

tl;dr-- You'd best start believin' in tier lists, Miss Turner. YER IN ONE.
I was going to make a post about character advantages over other characters but then it would of been a wall of text either way i agree with your statement brett they made the tier list for a reason.

But some misunderstand the tier list and take the fun out of the game for others by critizing they're love for a certain character i'd rather just play the game and enjoy whatever i get out of it.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Brett, me and you should try teaming or try friendly teaming more since i think our Ike/Snake team is really good. I'll try not to kill you XD or myself XD. We did pretty well at the smashfest don't you think?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940

The only reason I'm not flaming people for being completely and utterly stupid and not wanting to understand tiers, how they are useful, ect, is because I need to finish packing.

Consider yourselves spared an unfortunate end in the depths of the abyss.

I wasn't say i don't believe in the tier list i was saying that you should care about it very much. Tiers are there and i use snake but i actually like snake not because of his tier placement. And nobody seconds mk for real. When i see people do that in a tournament i make it a point to make sure they know that they have no confidence in their main and should just go all mk and not waste the 8 minutes of everyones time sharking under the stage on the lame CP.

metroid1117

Smash Master
tiersr4queers.

How would tier lists become law exactly? They just measure how good a character is based on how well they can go against other characters. Calm down, not like some supreme being will come down from the heavens and say: "Because of tier lists, everybody must now use Meta Knight." I bet I can stop losing The Game before something like that even happens. Tier lists haven't ruined the fun for me yet.
That's a good thing; tier lists AREN'T supposed to make anything less fun. They're just lists of how good a character is with respect to other characters.

That being said, Brett is absolutely right - some characters are inherently better than other characters. Whether you believe in a tier list or not, you simply cannot deny that each character has different/more options compared to other characters. In any fighting game, options are essential (which is why I don't really like Brawl's game mechanics... they give too many options to the defender, but that's a whole other issue). CF is much worse than MK because of his lack of options - for example, if an opponent is coming back to FD from above the edge (and assuming they don't go for the edge, either), they can either (1) attack, (2) airdodge on the way down, (3) not do anything at all and just land. CF can jump up and UAir to cover options 1 and 3, but it's not fast enough to cover option 2. Similarly, jumping and baiting an airdodge will certainly cover option 2, but not options 1 or 3. His best option is to wait out on the ground to rush in during landing lag, which is less than 5 frames of vulnerability if they chose options 2 or 3. MK, on the other hand, can either use Tornado or UAir to cover all 3 options, since the Tornado sticks out long enough to catch airdodges and UAir ends quickly enough that he can either UAir again or DAir if the opponent is below him. MK is such a terrific (and as some would say, ban-worthy) character because he shuts down as many options as he has for himself. Falcon will never be able to cover so many options nor will he be able to have as many, and the same is true for Ike.

tl;dr - Some characters are better than others. Tier lists exist, but no one is forcing you to "conform" to them unless you're playing in a Low Tier tournament.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Delfino's biggest boost for Ike is how 1/3 of the time you don't get gimped. A small boost is water as Ike has dair and fair to kill people easily in water.

Another boost are the platforms, they usually are harder to capitalize on, but for Ike his range (usmash and aether high
Platforms) still pressures all the platforms.

Few negatives would be sharking for half the stage. However Ike can dair through the stage (though very hard, but can be done on predictable sharking that isn't MK's stupid disjoint)

The next would be the small amount of walls for ROB to dtilt wall lock for a little while though Ike can jab wall lock when spaced right. I don't think any walls are tall enough for the fthrow lock.

Another con is how ROB can camp from very large distances with his laser and gyro, though ROB can't do it forever, the longer distance will help ROB.

Delfino is a very popular Ike stage, its a big CP usually for Ike. I would put it 8/10 on for Ike to take ROB dependant on what made Ike lose last game. If it was gimps, then perfect, if it was camping, not the stage i would advise.

If ROB plans to CP here gauge at how much trouble Ike had getting past your camp game.

About all i got stage wise.
thanks a beep ton!<3

Actually Ussi, I believe the Shine Sprite gate's sides are tall enough for Fthrow lock.
I'm pretty sure I can't be f-throw locked here. But I'll definitely test just in case, thanks ^_^

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
redX if you win, you fight Olimar, if you lose... your fight olimar.

Have fun with that

also just camp platforms like ICs

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Spam still fair, aether spam when he's above you and you're near the edge. Also aether spam whenever he's offstage and you're at the ledge. Walk off dair every time. Also aether his upB

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Spam still fair, aether spam when he's above you and you're near the edge. Also aether spam whenever he's offstage and you're at the ledge. Walk off dair every time. Also aether his upB
What do you mean by "still" fair? And is walk dair worth the risk?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yea, that's right Jam. Also, just be careful not to get too predictable with aether spam on edge. DDD can suck you off stage, and to your death. On wifi, it's already tough enough to control aether as it is, so be sure to hold back in case you get caught in it.

I think Metroid posted a video of this happening to him a long time ago.

Edit: San, I just torrented myself a copy of Brawl last night in case something were to ever happen to my disc. The highest seeded file was 8 gigs, but I stuck with getting the usual 4.7. Which one did you get?

2nd Edit: Right now, Woot is having one of those woot off sales, where they change product everytime it sells out. Pinnacle Studio Ultimate Version 12 for 30 bucks.

Top Bottom