• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

-RedX-

Smash Lord
MK powershielded the DA at 19% because it was training mode. I'm gonna assume Bthrow needs to be fresh so it gets that little bonus.

metroid1117

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72ZbDNAh6uU&feature=channel

uh, Red was telling me how you guys needed BThrow %s. I'm not sure if you guys still need it or not but <_<

:]

"Bowser 0%~99%" makes me cringe though, but w/e. Have fun. I didn't make the video. And I have no idea what

Bthrow's Stale(revison):105%
(Training mode is always 100%, you know)
The following numbers mean the damage when Ike grabed.
(Ike can do DA that time.Remember these means stale 105%)

means.

If you're too lazy to watch the video:

Mario 19%~88%
Luigi 0%~88%
Peach 0%~85%
Bowser 0%~99%
DK 11%~97%
Diddy 20%~86%
Yoshi 0%~93%
Wario 20%~93%
Link 10%~91%
Zelda 15%~82%
Sheik 19%~82%
Ganon 11%~94%
TL 3%~86%
Samus 19%~94%
ZSS 19%~80%
Pit 9%~87%
IC's 0%~85%
R.O.B 21%~93%
Kirby 28%~79% (Kirby sould jump+Airdodge)
MK 19%~79%
DDD 0%~95%
Olimar 0%~81%
Fox 18%~80%
Falco 19%~81%
Wolf 15%~91%
Falcon 22%~92%
Pikachu 19%~80%
Squirtle 18%~78%
Ivysaur 0%~89%
Charizard 11%~94%
Lucario 22%~90%
Jigglypuff 28%~74%
Marth 19%~84%
Ike 23%~92%
Ness 0%~87%
Lucas 0%~87%
G&W 0%~78%
Snake 11%~96%
Sonic 21%~87%
Wow, this is pretty crazy... if we get this verified, this should definitely be in the guide.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
how good is aerial eruption for mindgames against floaty characters (or any character who ADs alot)? If we buffer an aerial airuption and the opponent AD on reaction, i'm thinking its a guaranteed hit.

lol at the guide. atleast he had a point on DA; it does have huge range.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Nair, Uair, Bair, Utilt or a pivot grab are much better for punishing air-dodges than Eruption. I imagine Eruption could be used in that manner but it wouldn't be easy. The large hitbox of an Eruption that is not fully charged only stays for 3 frames, which is not nearly enough to linger through an air dodge.

Nair and Uair can be used to bait and punish an air dodge though, since their hitboxes last for such a long time. Bair can be used immediately after an air-dodge since it comes out so fast. Utilt and pivot grab for when you're on the ground and they air dodge above you. If they air-dodge very close to the ground, you should grab, and if they air-dodge higher up you can Jab/Utilt/Usmash... a lot of things as long as you bait/predict it.

:034:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Full hop/ Double jump eruption at the edge when the opponent is offstage and above it has its uses since you most likely won't get punished by a floatier character. It has nice rewards when you hit at medium-high %, but you won't hit as often as alternatives listed above, which have better chances to hit.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
I use eruption for the purpose san just explained except when i use eruption i use it when they're on the edge expecting to hit me out of it i'll wait 2 seconds after they have grabbed the ledge then most likely they'll come up for either an attack or a ledge hop then if i time it just right i'll either hit them when i have my invincibility frames or i'll be hit and not be punished because the invisibility frames it's only a 60/40 Bet it'll work.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yes I did Slaps. Don't really care about it. Some of those Ikes are not even legit. I'm sure the discussion there died.

As far as eruption goes...the double jump has it's uses, but more often then not, I'll be using some other move. Only time I use eruption is on Squirtle's recovery.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
In all honesty, the key to the Ike match up is spacing. You gotta be able to poke the other Ike's shield with an F-air, while keeping your distance. So if they do try to attack you, you can respond with jab. The same can be applied with N-air, and b-air.

I believe each match up has an important factor in helping you win. For Ike, it's spacing while for Diddy is banana game. Peach IMO would require a solid aerial game. MK...hard and good reads.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Way to go on your 100th post!

... god I post way too much. I should showcase all the Ike icons I make in case anyone wants to use any.
mememememememememememe
I wanna see :)

Also in regards to eruption, how about character based uses?

I know for one I tend to use it for an off the stage Falco whom I believe will use their Side B for recovery, or close enough. Of course that all is on the factor of %'s

But outside of falco I am wondering if there is any other character specific uses for eruption

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo

I've got a lot more and I'm still making them. But, just a sample of stuff.

[EDIT]

I personally only use Eruption as an edge guarding scare tactic (and even then, rarely so. I'll see what I can do with it more though), due to its super armor upon releasing. I've stage-spiked some recovering characters with it before they sweetspot the ledge, but otherwise I'm far better off waiting for them to jump up and BAir them, space FAirs, spike them with DAir, a bunch of options outside of Eruption.

It just looks cool when it lands. XD Any sane player though wouldn't try to ledge hop attack a charging Ike.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
cuz he's a warrior of the night. that's what.

ya know...cuz of like...owls being around at night and stuff...

yea i'm too tired for my own good. z z z times

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Nice avatars, yet I'm happy with what I have now. Anyway, does anybody here begin classes this week or next week? I'm dreading that summer has ended too quickly. I guess I'll john hard about it.

BTW, Bored, Slaps, Brett, I'm going to try to make it to Phase 13. So, Brett, if it's not a big problem, could you house Kansas? Right now, it's looking like 4 people are going to that tournament.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Nice avatars, yet I'm happy with what I have now. Anyway, does anybody here begin classes this week or next week? I'm dreading that summer has ended too quickly. I guess I'll john hard about it.

BTW, Bored, Slaps, Brett, I'm going to try to make it to Phase 13. So, Brett, if it's not a big problem, could you house Kansas? Right now, it's looking like 4 people are going to that tournament.
I'm really not sure. My girlfriend and I will have been together 9 months on the day of the tourney and we usually like to spend time together around then.
Then again, she did say she wants to make cupcakes for Smash people when she gets the chance, so don't consider hope lost just yet.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
mememememememememememe
I wanna see :)

Also in regards to eruption, how about character based uses?

I know for one I tend to use it for an off the stage Falco whom I believe will use their Side B for recovery, or close enough. Of course that all is on the factor of %'s

But outside of falco I am wondering if there is any other character specific uses for eruption
You have better options than using eruption when Falco tries to side+b. Make the good read and edge hang them or retreat up-smash them.

Mr. Doom, I won't be going to the next HOBO or Phase. Ramadan doesn't end until 9/10 I believe. Don't wanna strain myself driving long distances.

Reg15

Smash Apprentice
Looks Like this time I may actually (for sure this time) have a chance to go to an offline tourney Saturday. Not too far away so yea. Hopefully Ill go and do my best.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I liked those games. I still have the first one and I borrowed the second one from Blockbuster. Too bad Rare was bought by Microsoft.

So my parents planned a trip to Washington D.C. We'll stop by Baltimore, Maryland to some aquarium. Anyone know of places of interest I might like to visit?

Top Bottom