• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
They both look like women except that Ike sort of looks like a Russian prostitute who went to the wrong booth at a Renaissance fair.

Not that I would know anything about Russian prostitutes and / or Renaissance fairs, though.
And Soren looks a bit like an Asian prostitute in the same situation.

... Not that I would know anything about Asian prostitutes.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I actually thought Soren was a girl when he was first introduced in PoR. I was like: Yay! Another female character for the mercenaries. Now I lol because Soren and Ike are gay for each other (Ike's only paired ending in RD is with Soren). Soren still is a kickass sage in the games.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
I believe there is a different ending with Ranulf as well. And just because they are close friends doesn't mean they are gay for each other. >_> But yes, Soren is a good sage. I've used him every single time I've played PoR/RD. :D

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The only defense I can offer towards Ike not being gay is that people back in that time were a bit more closer when it came to companionship. I mean, my mom kisses her close friends on the cheek to greet them, and while it's not as glaring example as what they show in FE, that's the only valid reason I have.

Other then that, San plays a gay character.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
What the hell are 23 people looking at this board?

and I can't post in the Pit MU thread for some reason

EDIT:

a disturbing situation has arised. nintendo has blocked wifi to wiis that dont have the latest version on their wii. well there goes my wifi :/
don't know how reliable that is

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
If that's true...well, that really sucks. I would have to decide if I should keep Wifi or infinite replay/Brawl+/Brawl- etc. Though I guess there's always that other way (Smash Stack?) to get those things working without HBC.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Link to topic? I wanna know if you can't get on wifi period or if you just get disconnected when trying to join matches.

Still though, seeing how Nintendo took this long to come out with something, I'm sure people will be able to get around it.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
The only defense I can offer towards Ike not being gay is that people back in that time were a bit more closer when it came to companionship. I mean, my mom kisses her close friends on the cheek to greet them, and while it's not as glaring example as what they show in FE, that's the only valid reason I have.

Other then that, San plays a gay character.
And the fact they butchered the number of endings in FE10, and clearly IkexElincia was the most "pushed" ending in FE9.

I mean, SF found a huge list of what would have been unique A supports and possibly endings for FE10. Several hundred at least, each character had at least like, 7 options there.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
So he's a furry as well? And I checked Serenes Forest and he does have one with Ranulf as well.
No. Gatrie's a furry check the RD convo between him shinon and lyre. Ike's just bi-curious about what he wants at the time.

Gatrie would also hit on a tree if you tied a skirt to it apparently

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
No. Gatrie's a furry check the RD convo between him shinon and lyre. Ike's just bi-curious about what he wants at the time.

Gatrie would also hit on a tree if you tied a skirt to it apparently
I know Gatrie would hit on anything. That's just the way he is lol.

I don't mind the wifi thing since my Wii has the latest software anyway and I could never get to hacks. It would suck though because it might conflict with the bi-weeklies.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Hopefully i should be getting back my wii sometime at the beginning of next week .

Acrean

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm facing this one person who mains ROB, and I'm having a fairly tough time. Basically all this person does is spam Laser and Gyro until I get close, at which point they just DSmash me or if I shield, grab. Then they move off to the other side of the stage to camp some more.

Got any tips on how I can approach said camping ROB safely, or some sort of tips to improve my anti-ROB game? I frequently use that wonderful Ike guide, and basically every other character I can approach well...but not this ROB :( I can try and get a vid if necessary, though I'd prefer just to hear experiences you guys have had against ROBs and strategies that have helped you beat them.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Just work on one thing when playing vs ROB:

Learn to powershield both of his projectiles. This will allow you to get in really close while taking no damage. Then just mash A and get him off stage.

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
Rob's airdodge sucks hard because of his slow air move speed, so take advantage of that with up airs and upsmash and you shouldn't have too hard a time killing him by getting him above you.

Get him in this position by giving him a hard time recovering with reverse aether and force him to recover high (similar to Snake), then just stay under him and get a good read.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I rarely see ROB use air dodge against an Ike. If anything, they use their N-Air which deceptively beats F-air in terms of speed. To expand on what Light said, if you can't power shield that well, short hop air dodge towards him, shield his projectiles normally, and get close. Space your f-air so you don't get punished so easily. If he likes to use D-smash in close range, shield all of it and jab him back. Also, ROB players like to go from spot dodge to d-smash. So you can either hold jab while they are doing it or bait and shield the d-smash.

Once ROB is off stage, just be considerate of his n-air when he's coming back. Just beat him to the punch and you should keep him off stage or increase the damage.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Also, I believe that ROB can't airdodge during his upB, so harass him when he uses it (be careful of his nair/fair while doing this, since he can still attack). If you get hit by his dsmash just hold up to DI and minimize the damage you take.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Also, I believe that ROB can't airdodge during his upB, so harass him when he uses it (be careful of his nair/fair while doing this, since he can still attack). If you get hit by his dsmash just hold up to DI and minimize the damage you take.
They can airdodge if they cancel their up+B with an attack, but for the most part a low-recovering ROB is fair game edgehopped Aetherspikes (or DTilts if they get FAir-happy).

But yeah, if you hold up during his DSmash, you'll pop out of it.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Speaking of low recovering ROB, does anyone know the specific timing of edge hanging to D-air'ing them before they Up-air us? I've had very little success in spiking them. Either I send them back up, or I get up-aired.

Edit: I just realized something...wtf happened to New York Shark? I haven't seen him around much of late. He should have his mod powers stripped for doing an awful job.

Acrean

Smash Rookie
Thanks guys, powershielding turned out to be really effective, though I lost the first match I won the 2nd and most afterwards :3 still gotta work on the timing for power shielding though...

metroid1117

Smash Master
Speaking of low recovering ROB, does anyone know the specific timing of edge hanging to D-air'ing them before they Up-air us? I've had very little success in spiking them. Either I send them back up, or I get up-aired.
Well, Ike's DAir hitbox is only on frames 16-17 and ROB's UAir comes out on frame 7 (and also has a deceptively large hitbox compared to Ike's DAir)... Unless they UAir before they touch the edge, you'll have to start it before they even begin the attack. Even then, you'll only have 2 frames in which you can spike them. If you expect them to come up with an aerial (so they won't sweetspot) and you're not on the edge, I think this is one of the rare cases where DTilt can work.

EDIT: I was going to remark how I posted twice in one day, but then I realized that technically this post is on a different day.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: I was going to remark how I posted twice in one day, but then I realized that technically this post is on a different day.
Not in PST. xP And I still have less posts per day, so I win in lurking bahaha.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
No, me and San don't have any vids.
The closest we've ever come to playing is friendlies/doubles tournament at WHOBO2.
:<

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
the one in which you teamed with prime and san with bored? yeah i already saw tht one. but you should play singles with san, really. i wanna know if the MU is even for both the characters.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I played espy in 2 singles friendlies. I asked for an MM because a local sonic really wanted me to have a serious set with him, but let's just say he was having some bread issues.

That was still back when I was still improving on a lot of matchups/gameplay in general. I still did play quite a few sonics like speed and espy in a few friendlies, K.I.D and Wes in tourney.

I think it's even, depends how well sonic can disrupt Ike's spacing. Ike's jab is his definite saving grace. I also knew very little about sonic's tendencies, especially the mechanics of his spindashes and double jumps back then. I know a little more now, at least.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Holy ****, MLG + Facebook combo has killed my 2KB/S internet.

Won't be posting till after this is over. Good luck to anyone participating in MLG Raleigh.

I believe in youuuuuu~~~(you should imagine that at this point my 2KB/S internet fizzles out)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I played espy in 2 singles friendlies. I asked for an MM because a local sonic really wanted me to have a serious set with him, but let's just say he was having some bread issues.
lol. The fact that I know exactly who you're speaking of is amazing.
Oh, and sssh~ about it being 5:5. We don't want you-know-who saying that Sonic wins. :p
I too think it's 5:5, honestly.

And yeah, we need to actually sit down and friendly, San. Those little bits at WHOBO2 got me hungry for more.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Speaking of which, I want to play you again, Espy. Make San Antonio find means of travel. Stupid Khaoz has to find time between marching band rehearsals to shake off the rust that has gathered all summer.

Also, concerning ROB, I always grab the ledge right before I try to spike him from his Uair-- so I'll have the ledge invincibility while I start my Dair. Either I'll spike him or I'll accidentally footstool and go way too high. I never really seem to get hit.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I can't.
We have virtually no money.

All of our players have small time jobs, go to school, or are unemployed.
Or hell, a combination of a few.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
good luck to all at mlg, if i'd known it was in north carolina i would have found an excuse to go over there seeing as i has relatives in carolina, ah well...

also as for r.o.b (im a little late on this i know) di-ing out of dsmash is probably not the greatest idea in the world because the inwards knockback doesnt send you far enough to escape it, they can just dsmash you again and most of the time you wont be able to avoid it

Top Bottom