• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Flayl

Smash Hero
Hey guys, please submit your tournament results to this thread. Any placing or tournament size will do as long as it has an entry fee.

To submit, please include
- Link to tournament results
- Link to tournament ruleset and entry fee
- Your gaming handle if it's not immediately obvious
- Characters used (no characters higher than E tier may apply)

The more results I get the more accurate the list will be. This is also a way to power-rank the players of your character.

edit: BEFORE YOU SPEND TIME GATHERING YOUR RESULTS: I'm not using tournaments that occured before August. It's simply too much work.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
First of all, you're from Portugal, and second, just by looking at your results, it shows Bowser at first. Basically puts up question marks about what's going on over there if it's clashing with our own normal results.

Flayl

Smash Hero
So what you're saying is you're too much of a moron to look at the data and prefer to immediately make baseless accusations.

Cool story bro.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I did look at your data. I just don't see this as reliable data as of now. If anything, it's more disturbing not to see any of the upper tiers anywhere on that list.

Edit: Unless your intention is to specify how the LOW TIERS do in Normal tournaments, then yes that's my fault. However, when I read "NORMAL TOURNAMENTS" I assume the list to have every single character. Considering the fact how you have a few lines down "LOW TIERS", any person can get confused over what the hell you're talking about. Yes the thread title is named "Low Tiers + Lowest Mid Tiers", but you should still write up some kind of intro rather than having people expect to know what it is. To me, it just looked like some tournament result list.

2nd Edit: I take back my comment on saying "You're from Portugal", but that doesn't change the fact that you need to flesh out your thread to be more detailed and specific. See our Ike Bi-Weekly thread for an example.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Hey people. Haven't posted in a while, but now that I'm back at college I'll probably be browsing Smashboards a lot more.

Just wanted to say that I'm considering dropping Ike as a main. I'm going to be trying to learn Ice Climbers now, so I kind of want to really focus on them because they're so **** hard, lol. And no, I'm not switching to them because of "lolgrab=instawin". I've always thought that they were interesting ever since Melee.

Another reason is because I feel like they are one of the ONLY characters in Brawl that actually reflect how much work you put into them. Sure, you can get good with a lot of characters, but unless you have that "certain something" you can only go so far. I just think that if I put the same amount of practice into my Ice Climbers as much as I did with my Marth and Ike, I could place SO much higher in tournaments.

Also, I'm still going to use Ike a whole lot. I'll most likely use him as a secondary, like if someone tries to CP me to a geigh IC stage or whatever. Plus, he's still going to be my main for teams regardless.

Besides what I've posted above, the reason for me to switch mains is because I feel like the only thing going for me with Ike right now is people without matchup experience, and my Marth just doesn't seem reliable enough. With my Marth, sometimes its completely flawless without letting hardly any opening for my opponent to get in, and other times it just gets nearly 3-stocked.

So... Yeah.... Well, there it is. <_<

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hey people. Haven't posted in a while, but now that I'm back at college I'll probably be browsing Smashboards a lot more.

Just wanted to say that I'm considering dropping Ike as a main. I'm going to be trying to learn Ice Climbers now,
Why are you here? IC boards are this way.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
BBR discussion on every character boards....... did this happen every time tier list was rediscussed?
BBR discussions have happened, but in the past they haven't been released to the public. (from what I know at least)

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
The only Touhou songs I have/would listen to for smash would be these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkgK8eUdpAo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYFJhjbKnZ0 (Maybe)

Other songs I would listen to would be fight music and RPG themes.

Before you ask, no I'm not a Touhou fan (though the games do look fun to play. Who doesn't want to see their screen filled with bullets and lasers that kill you in one hit?). I go to another forum which has a couple of members who play it and have linked to some of the songs from the games

Also, another thing one of the Touhou fans linked: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFq2l0Z4LF8
Be funny to say I prefer some of the more prog/metal type arrangements and not the offical types (to slow for me and my playstyle).

You should really try it though as well, does wonders for concentration and hand/eye coordination when you apply yerself to something like brawl later on. Just instead of bullets it's projectile spam.

Did you also say somethin bout fight music =P

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
ICs wat u did thar

You know, I feel really stupid.
I just thought I had this amazing idea.
And then I realized it should be the first thing anyone thinks at all.

I was like... "Man, maybe I should watch a lot of matches of different characters to get a better feel of how they work when I want to learn the match-up well." And then I was like... "Dang, I should have been doing that since I started playing."

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Don't worry Brett. Good thing videos only show so much =/

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i tend to watch a lot of brawl vidoes, but its actually realyl rarely with an ike involved, i just watch it for a good game,
and also to see habits and stuff which i can punish, thats if i watchnig someone from my scene anyway

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Yeah, I suppose more often than not, they'll show player tendencies. Still seems like a good idea to watch them, though.

I mean, I still have no idea how Wolf works. I'm going to watch Wolf videos soon.

On another note, does anybody know if you get the extra knockback while charging a special move in the same way as charging a smash? I sort of doubt it, but I'm not really sure.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
wolf? here

err, you mean like the damage the one charging the special takes?
i'll look into it, by that i mean im now about to go find out

also, as far as ike is concerned no, special charging doesn't effect anything

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, sorry that took so long! I have finally finished unpacking, and finally have internet as of today. I will be on once again more often again, as I once had. I have officially settled into Franklin, NC if you all are wondering

Heartstring

Smash Legend
huh, your sad, at least you can drive to your fellow ikes, ill have to catch a plane, car hire and everything...i cant even drive yet

theeboredone

Smash Legend
If I ever become mod of the Ike boards, the first thing I'm gonna do is use my mod powers and have Mr. Doom and San face off in a rap battle. See? I'm a fun mod unlike the Canadian.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Any of you guys started classes yet?
I just started college last Thursday. I'm pretty comfortable with my schedule; 1 class on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and 2 classes on Wednesday and Friday. ;O

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
4 classes Monday-Thursday, 3 classes Friday. Out of those classes, 1 lab on Tuesday, and 1 lab on Friday.
Didn't try going to college outside of NYC red-X?

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i heard ike boards is a hang out for furrys and lolicons now lulz

lol Red,we got it easy D:

i have one class everyday but friday and wednesday. i spent 200 dollars on art supplies already tho;[. still have books to buy.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I haven't started classes yet, but I start next week. I really need to look into colleges more, still dunno where I wanna go =/. Senior year might be a bit hectic because of that. Any good colleges out there with great math courses or anything in physics that I might be interested in? And I might have to take the SAT again since my scores were 1740 and 1680. :( Unless taking the ACT will benefit me more.

@Bored: A rap battle between Mr. Doom and San? I'd pay to see that.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Too bad I don't rap.

Fight, fight, fight as hard as you can,
But you can't beat me; I'm Mr. Doom, man.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
britain starts class next week, i have a shetload of coursework that was meant for then, which i still haven't started...procrastination forever

Top Bottom