• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Wish I had some of you guys' schedules rofl.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
@jam: If you are stronger in Math/Science compared to English, than the ACT probably would benefit you more.

Classes for me start in about 2.5 weeks. 4 classes MW, 3 classes TF, and 2 classes Th. Still have to get books. Too bad the course descriptions for two of the classes don't say what books we need >_>

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I got a 750 in math and only a 500 in writing/grammar and reading (or w/e the other to other), anyways universities just loved my 750 and ignored the low writing and reading i had. So try to do good in what you are planning to major.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
i usually get around a 700 in math, a >600 in writing/grammar, and 500-650 on reading. Parents been having me do SAT classes for over a year now and its a pain in the ***. I hate how much time i have to spend on SAT stuff.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
We're talking about the Scholastic Application Test (SAT--- at least I'm pretty sure that's what it stands for) and the three sub-parts in it.

I had 590 critical reading, 690 math, and 700 writing... I never prepared anything at all because I don't see an SAT (basically like a dressed-up IQ test) as something for which you can prepare. It pretty much tests basic intelligence most of all. Then again, my friends who DID prepare/sleep/eat before the test got like... 2200s compared to my 1980.

My schedule is.. average or so this semester.
3 classes MWF + lab on Friday, 2 classes TuTh, a class not scheduled that I'll go to about 2-3 times per week when I want to, and one private lesson per week that has yet to be scheduled. Oh, and piano departmental (if I have to attend this semester-- basically watch performance/masters/TF people perform) at 4:00 every Thursday.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Everyone started getting A's, so we upped the standard, now that everyone is getting 4 years + jobs getting harder to find... soon masters will be standard -___-;

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh ive heard about that, we do a similar thing, only its math science and language. and we do it when we're 11.
math i got 5.7
english 5.1
science 5.6

thats works out as above average for that age, typical the three core subjects at school were the only 3 i was any good at

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Everyone started getting A's, so we upped the standard, now that everyone is getting 4 years + jobs getting harder to find... soon masters will be standard -___-;
Something I really hate seeing occur. What is America trying to do, become a second rate Japan?
Makes me wonder if later on down the road, certifications would be considered useless <_<

Heartstring

Smash Legend
america isnt the only one...
because of how much theyve stepped up qualification and stuff here, ive gone from looking above average brainy to failing slacker status

Heartstring

Smash Legend
its called
'we have more NEET's (not in education, employment or trainting) than ever! lets get them all into university so we can deal with it in 4 years time when we have millions of degree qualified young people who cant get a job'

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
its called
'we have more NEET's (not in education, employment or trainting) than ever! lets get them all into university so we can deal with it in 4 years time when we have millions of degree qualified young people who cant get a job'
Kaguya?
Also the idea sounds so bad, that they would make getting a doctrine/doctors even more absurd.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Or you can try getting involved in your own business/home-based business like most competent people are starting to be aware of.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
17 years old, not legal to start my own **** till in 18, and even then my condition which im sure youve all heard to much of means that any kind of physical skill in the line of business is not possible. weeee ^-^

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I know of teenagers ~13-15 who started their own business. Different in UK?

Well at least for an alternate source of income so that you have more options in case something happens to your job. + There's a chance it'll be really successful.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, different in uk, you have to apply for a permit to run your own busness, unless youre really exceptional its not happening till your 18, and im not really exceptional

as for work, my current small source of income is about all i can do without spending all my time in college and work

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
My schedule is.. average or so this semester.
3 classes MWF + lab on Friday, 2 classes TuTh, a class not scheduled that I'll go to about 2-3 times per week when I want to, and one private lesson per week that has yet to be scheduled. Oh, and piano departmental (if I have to attend this semester-- basically watch performance/masters/TF people perform) at 4:00 every Thursday.
I just realized that for an average music major schedule, that sounds like a lot... and it's only 14 hours. =\
And I just -finished- a giant series of classes that only gave me 1-2 hours each.

I'm with you, San. I want some of the other schedules in here.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
4.5 hours of A2 math, 4.5 hours of A2 chemistry, 4.5 hours of AS biology, 4.5 hours of AS phycology and 1.5 hours of classwork help session

put into simple anyway, all classes are in 1.5 hours lessons. god i end up having 12 hours days due to travel time 7am to 7pm

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
Geez, I didn't realize so many of you all started college already :p

I'm a senior in high school, and places I have considered is GA Southern and GCSU. As for anything else, not really. But yeah, lookin foward to college :p

•Col•

Smash Champion
oh ive heard about that, we do a similar thing, only its math science and language. and we do it when we're 11.
math i got 5.7
english 5.1
science 5.6

thats works out as above average for that age, typical the three core subjects at school were the only 3 i was any good at
Uh.... If you took it at 11, then its definitely not like the SAT, lol. The SAT is kind of an intelligence test that colleges look at when you're applying to them. You're pretty much required to take it if you're trying to get in almost any college. Either that, or you could take the ACT, which is just another test but its set up a bit differently...

The test that you took was probably something issued by the government or school. Every year in the US elementary, middle, and high schools have to take standardized tests created by the government to make sure the schools are doing their jobs and teaching the students. It determines whether the school gets funding from the government or something, lol.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
College wise, let's see...

Monday: Chemistry, English, Chemistry Lab
Tuesday: Biology, Biology Lab, Math
Wednesday: Chemistry, English
Thursday: Biology, Math
Friday: Nothing. Tried to get a Friday class, but I couldn't. Stupid glitchy system screwing me over. Now I have huge wait times for my Chem Lab (4 hours), and my Math class (2 hours or 4 hours, depending on the day)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Uh.... If you took it at 11, then its definitely not like the SAT, lol. The SAT is kind of an intelligence test that colleges look at when you're applying to them. You're pretty much required to take it if you're trying to get in almost any college. Either that, or you could take the ACT, which is just another test but its set up a bit differently...

The test that you took was probably something issued by the government or school. Every year in the US elementary, middle, and high schools have to take standardized tests created by the government to make sure the schools are doing their jobs and teaching the students. It determines whether the school gets funding from the government or something, lol.
odd because the thing im on abotu was ALSO called the sat XD
but if its for college then i guess the uk equilivent gcse exam was that, i did that a year and a half ago when i was 15

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
I think one of the comments said that that's how people used to do it when everyone was farmers. So I guess if you are too poor to properly euthanize an animal and have to do it that way, fine. But don't act like it's fun, record it, AND post it on youtube. So much fail...

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
farmers or not, there is no reason to torture animals to death. torturing them is a crime no matter how you look at it. i mean, what is their crime? that they behave like they r supposed to? this is just insane.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
rules 1 and 2
also youre late, this has been going on for jsut over a fortnight. i did my bit for the puppies (yay spam-bombs)

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
I torture my dog..

With too much love...Im spoiling him. ~,~

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
farmers or not, there is no reason to torture animals to death. torturing them is a crime no matter how you look at it. i mean, what is their crime? that they behave like they r supposed to? this is just insane.
Technically they are being tortured no matter what since really the dogs should be naturally free in the wild but instead we shelter them, keep them in cages, and keep them inside away from their "natural" environment. They behave like they do because society has made it so that they don't know how to live without humans to feed them.

Also, they aren't necessarily being tortured. If they die on impact then their last memory would probably be joy because soaring through the air would probably be fun to them XD. Also I don't see how they are being tortured to death, torture seems too time consuming to use since its like saying she was sticking needles in them over time "torturing them to death". Also it was one action inflicted on each dog so it by no means was torture, just really really painful and mean XD.

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
Hi Ike Board, I'm back ! (it doesn't matter if didn't notice any difference lol)

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Technically they are being tortured no matter what since really the dogs should be naturally free in the wild but instead we shelter them, keep them in cages, and keep them inside away from their "natural" environment. They behave like they do because society has made it so that they don't know how to live without humans to feed them.

Also, they aren't necessarily being tortured. If they die on impact then their last memory would probably be joy because soaring through the air would probably be fun to them XD. Also I don't see how they are being tortured to death, torture seems too time consuming to use since its like saying she was sticking needles in them over time "torturing them to death". Also it was one action inflicted on each dog so it by no means was torture, just really really painful and mean XD.

No, just because a dog is domesticated does not mean it's tortured. A dog doesn't care about being wild or whatnot. A dog wants food, territory, shelter, and a nice pack to take care of it. If it can easily get all its resources from a home, then they'll happily live there.

But yeah those puppies weren't being tortured when they were thrown in the river, but they did suffer a cruel and inhumane death. And we don't know if they were tortured before they were drowned. Did you see that tiny bucket that they were all stacked in?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hi Ike Board, I'm back ! (it doesn't matter if didn't notice any difference lol)
No one cares.

About the whole dog mess, there are plenty of them that don't get euthanized the right way and are forced to die painful deaths. Whether it's because of a small budget, lack of humanity, or something else, this stuff happens everywhere around the world. Of course, when you read or watch a video like that, your heart strings pull, because we are witnessing it for ourselves. On top of that, the person does not seem to have the least bit of humanity in them, which is what angers most people.

Someone confirm this for me. Cristina never posts in Ashu's right?

Oh, since it's been a while. I've decided to see if anyone wants to be friends on facebook. I already have a good number of brawlers added, and a lot of the main Ike mainers here (San, Mr. Doom, Slaps, Brett, Nys). So if anyone wants to add me, just PM me asking for link or what to search.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Bored is so cold :'(

What angers me most is that the people are killing them in an inhumane way and ENJOYING it. They think it's fun to toss puppies in a river. I find it a bit sad that any thing dies in a painful way because the human doesn't care, but this is something else.

Top Bottom