• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Not sure how San's jiggs plays, but K'Prime plays defensive hardcore and the matches usually go for like 6-7 minutes. Last LT tourny I played him in, all our matches were around that length. One almost timed out. I can be patient, but taking up to 20 minutes for one set can get me to rage, especially if I lose.
Well that makes things.... interesting. Never really came across a heavy defensive jiggs yet. Any matches with him doing that in which I can tube for?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Shields don't break in singles.

Also, if Lee uses Ike, I can probably give him less success than he's cracked up to get. Hopefully. I do have a track record of choking in pressure situations. Bored can corroborate this statement.

Xyro's definitely the carry for the other team. I wonder what character on my team has the best match-up with Samus.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If the Ike doesn't know the jiggs matchup, it's extremely easy for jiggs, especially since I know the MU. If he does, it's difficult.

My rusty jiggs even beat xyro's samus, so..

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I assume you probably have the most trouble offstage and when jigglypuff can get inside.

Refrain from using fair onstage, because jigglypuff can get around it fairly easily. Nair and sometimes retreating bair is all you need, really, for spacing. Not even sure if jigglypuff can get past bair walls that easily. Jigglypuff will try to break your spacing with her aerial speed and go for grabs. Even though our tilts can easily beat jigglypuff's aerials, retreating bair is often easier because it's less punishable. it's best to use tilts out of jab or shield.

So pretty much spam nair and bair, ocassional jab, and abuse your shield because jiggs isn't going to do anything other than aerials and grabs (and she'll do it from landing or shield grab, not a dash grab)

In case you have trouble getting gimped,

Jigglypuff can wreck Ike offstage given the right positioning and lack of knowledge, but if you get knocked offstage, it's best to fast fall and recover low, because jiggs can't follow you fast enough. If you're for some reason horizontal to jigglypuff offstage and you're not that high, you'll probably get gimped. Jigglypuff. If you don't use aether by throwing the sword forward and moving back, jigglypuff can actually fair the aether pretty easily, and can also hit Ike out of even reverse aether before he rises due to her air speed, but it's a risk for jiggs to go that low, because if she gets hit by aether, she's pretty much dead at low-mid %.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
No.

Marth is a prince from a kingdom called altea, Ike is from a mercenary from a region called tellius they're both from completely different games but from the same series.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Are marth and ike brothers? :)
Spoilers:
Yes, they're actually long-lost brothers, although not a lot of people know this because you have to get 100% completion in the newest Fire Emblem game on Extreme difficulty

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Spoilers:
Yes, they're actually long-lost brothers, although not a lot of people know this because you have to get 100% completion in the newest Fire Emblem game on Extreme difficulty
If this info is wrong, I'm gonna tell cyrasyn to get you infracted.

.....where is cyrasyn btw, did anyine try chscking him on skype or something?

EDIT: the info is wrong, marth turned out to be Ike's sister. time for u to get infracted.

btw jam, you don't like roy very much do you?

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
btw jam, you don't like roy very much do you?
On the contrary, he was my favorite character from Melee and the only reason I picked up Fire Emblem. Eliwood, being Roy's father, looked like him, so when I saw a box of the first Fire Emblem game released internationally I just had to get it. What made you think that?

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
An extra note: All Fire Emblem games have a connection of some sort with another, except for the 8th game, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.
This. Roy was in this wasn't he? and you said all fire emblems except 8 are related, so I kinda added 2 and 2 together; turned to be a fail.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Well actually all of the FEs take place in the same world.

It's just that the continents are different and there's no form of communication between them or something.

That's what I heard anyway. Not like it matters!

EDIT: How bad was it, Bored?

EDIT 2: Thanks for the help, San. I'll see how it goes next time I play Jigglypuff.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Gameplay is pretty decent minus the controls. Story fails. Samus' character fails. VA fails. Ending fails. Overall, game fails, but I still give it a 6/10....5/10 on a bad day.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
get tatsunoko VS capcom, it's really good.
i.e if you like arcade games.

Roy was in FE6 ? I thought he was in sacred stone... ah, more fails. And about all FE being in the same world but different continents, I heard that too - in FE forums.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
The whole all FE games in the same world cannot make sense. In PoR/RD it is said that there was a massive flood which drowned all but one continent: Tellius. Unless you don't take time into effect, then all other FEs could have happened before this flood.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Other M is that bad?
That's even more negativity I hear about it. lmao

Anyway, just finished all the post-game content today in Arc Rise Fantasia. The cameo battle is pretty much the funnest fight imo. Anybody know of the Luminous Arc series for the DS? The cameo characters are from there.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
I could care less if you buy it DTK. It's your 50 buck to spend unless you get it through other means.
I've just been eying this game for awhile and regardless of player reviews i tend to get it myself and give it a try. And besides a 50 dollar bad game for the wii isn't as bad as 60 dollar bad game for the 360 that you'll have to probably pay 50 or something for xbox live just to play such a bad game with your friends online.

get tatsunoko VS capcom, it's really good.
i.e if you like arcade games.

Roy was in FE6 ? I thought he was in sacred stone... ah, more fails. And about all FE being in the same world but different continents, I heard that too - in FE forums.
I have TvC though i hardly play it because i don't know many ppl that play it, Roy is the protagonist in FE6 the sequel of FE7 in timeline perspective. You should check out Serene's forest alot more ani(M)ist it's a cool site.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I've just been eying this game for awhile and regardless of player reviews i tend to get it myself and give it a try. And besides a 50 dollar bad game for the wii isn't as bad as 60 dollar bad game for the 360 that you'll have to probably pay 50 or something for xbox live just to play such a bad game with your friends online.
[/COLOR]
Either you have too much money on your hands, or you're a fool. I have a PS3, but I still would never pay 60 bucks on a game that may suck and give me a splitting headache. Metroid gave me a headache at times, and it's not something I would spend 50 bucks on. 50 bucks goes a long way in getting you through a lot of days for food and other items. 50 bucks for 20 hours (tops) of entertainment seems pointless to me.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
FE stuff:
FE1 and FE3 are connected, FE3 is the sequel to FE1. (Marth story line)
FE4 and FE5, FE5 is the sequel to FE4. (Too many main characters to name+I never finished it)
FE7 is the prequel to FE6 (Roy, Eliwood, etc)
FE9 and 10 is Ike's story.

I should finish FE4...

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLg5rgoh1mw
;O

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Either you have too much money on your hands, or you're a fool. I have a PS3, but I still would never pay 60 bucks on a game that may suck and give me a splitting headache. Metroid gave me a headache at times, and it's not something I would spend 50 bucks on. 50 bucks goes a long way in getting you through a lot of days for food and other items. 50 bucks for 20 hours (tops) of entertainment seems pointless to me.
Im only going to buy this when ihave a spare 50 to use and i don't need anything else to be paid for i just have my wii psp and ds so im screwed when it comes to anything else :/ Though im looking forward to KH :Birth by sleep
FE stuff:
FE1 and FE3 are connected, FE3 is the sequel to FE1. (Marth story line)
FE4 and FE5, FE5 is the sequel to FE4. (Too many main characters to name+I never finished it)
FE7 is the prequel to FE6 (Roy, Eliwood, etc)
FE9 and 10 is Ike's story.

I should finish FE4...

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLg5rgoh1mw
;O
You're still playing FE4 red-x? Lol i am too i stopped after i recruited Ira, I really should get back to playing it now I haven't played FE 2,3,5, and thats it.

FE6-7 is my all time favorite.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Personally, I enjoyed Other M. The controls and camera angle were the only things bad about that game, in my opinion. The storyline was similar to Metroid Fusion, but it had enough plot twists to keep it interesting. If you want a game similar to Metroid Prime or the other hand held Metroids, you should probably stay away from it. I didn't really know what to think of it after the first couple hours of gameplay, but after getting used to the controls it grew on me.

Just a note - graphics don't make or break a game, but Other M looks stunning considering it's a Wii game.

Also - in case you guys are interested, my friend is working on a 0% growths run of FE 10 (Radiant Dawn). He's completed parts 1-3 and will work on part 4 during Winter Break. His YouTube channel is here.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Personally, I enjoyed Other M. The controls and camera angle were the only things bad about that game, in my opinion. The storyline was similar to Metroid Fusion, but it had enough plot twists to keep it interesting. If you want a game similar to Metroid Prime or the other hand held Metroids, you should probably stay away from it. I didn't really know what to think of it after the first couple hours of gameplay, but after getting used to the controls it grew on me.

Just a note - graphics don't make or break a game, but Other M looks stunning considering it's a Wii game.

Also - in case you guys are interested, my friend is working on a 0% growths run of FE 10 (Radiant Dawn). He's completed parts 1-3 and will work on part 4 during Winter Break. His YouTube channel is here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5ddEUQz8FI#t=2m24s

Dude, I'm sorry, but if you think Samus' VA is good or average, you have some issues. Freakin' monotone depressing girl that makes 0 sense for her character considering she's been a total bamf this whole time. It would make sense if this game took place during her early days, but she's a hardcore veteran now. No need to get all wishy washy. That was a big minus on me, her character simply stunk all around.

Edit: Red will know where I'm coming from, but Samus' VA sucks more than Ryfia or Lar'c in ARF.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Bored is desi, of course his ratings are harsher cause he values money. Even if its gained by other ways, desis still have expectations of its original price

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I'm not even going to obtain Other M, then. There are so many other games I could play that it seems pointless to spend 20 hours on this one. Never liked the whole 'you are alone' experience of Metroid anyway.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Bored is desi, of course his ratings are harsher cause he values money. Even if its gained by other ways, desis still have expectations of its original price
This. To top it off more specifically, I'm memon, so I'm the cheapest of them all. I definitely had expectations, especially for a game of this caliber.

Mr. Doom, I know it's not Doom, but what's your take on Duke Nukem Forever coming out next year?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
****, and he's finally here to kick *** and chew bubblegum...but he's all out of bubblegum. Guess they should make a game called Doom Forever then.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
doom forever, it just doesnt fit aswell, eternal doom or something works better name wise.
but seeing as i missed the original doom hype i'd probably go and try that

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Well I guess...... *puts on shades* he called shotgun.
Aren't you supposed to have a "YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!" at the end?

Oh and I downloaded the Scott Pilgrim game they had for the 360 (and PS3 I believe). Game is much funnier playing with more than one player. Me and my bro kept throwing items around and we eventually hit each other enough to KO us. Gonna be stuck playing that.

Other M really that bad? The trailers looked good to me. =/

Top Bottom