• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
We can always get Espy in here to tell us what's what. Too bad he'll be driving back from a tourny tomorrow, so we'll have to wait.

San would know.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Honestly, I don't like the old Sonic games that much. I gave them a try, and they were "meh" to me. I love SA2:B, probably my favorite platforming game of all time (and my first Sonic game). SA1 would have been up there if it wasn't for that terrible camera. Seriously, I would get motion sick after 15 minutes. Sonic Heroes was "meh". Shadow the Hedgehog I liked because it was "bad but in a fun way" and you could actually go fairly fast if you picked up a gun with a lot of ammo and went for the neutral endings of the levels. Sonic '06 was...er...the music was good at least? Sonic Chronicles was fun for one playthrough, but that's it. Sonic Battle was good. Sonic Rush was slightly better than the old Sonic games to me, still fairly bad. Sonic Riders 1 was good, Sonic Riders 2 was meh. Sonic and the Secret Rings were meh.

Also: pick more good Sonic songs pls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=botps63qxzA&feature
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0y4kJ_DxyA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTCVtDV6Yzc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRe3h1iQ1Os
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwBCCSwZ0Wo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3Fnt-YZe6I&feature=related

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Throw all the sonic songs from the first 3 games and make it a little rap and some comedy you come up with this

Though it does curse so you have been warned.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol, i openly admit to being a rabid sonic fanboy for the first 13/14 years of my life.
then i played sonic 2006 and that killed it all XD
good music as always though. but i never played any of the adventure games because the only console i owned in that generation was a ps2, which it was never released on.
smashfriend of mine has a cd chock full of sonic ost stuff, is all good XD

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Wait what, we already knew he was legit lol. He just sucked at presenting himself on the boards. He was at MLG Florida to boot. Though I did talk to Poltergust (goes to school here now, from Florida originally), and he told me Ryo is on and off in terms of activity.

Edit: Omg, M2K making drama on that results thread.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yeah, but that was after MLG Orlando =). He still got trolled way before that lol.

I would like to hear your opinions about Yoshi too once you get to play Polt some more =)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, but that was after MLG Orlando =). He still got trolled way before that lol.

I would like to hear your opinions about Yoshi too once you get to play Polt some more =)
I've only played him a few times in modest friendlies, but he told me that if timed right, Ike can be CG'ed by Yoshi's grab and pummel. I'm sure it has there isn't much room for error, but it did suck when I couldn't do anything about it a few times.

Polt likes to pivot grab a lot, not sure if that's a Yoshi thing. Like any other Yoshi player, he will sit on the edge and shoot eggs at you. Though a big dif between him and Yosh was that Yosh would jump back onto stage using D-air, and Polt never does that. I think if you read it right, you can punish Yoshi for egging you from off stage like that.

Definitely prefer N-air over F-air in this match up. Yoshi's tongue can grab you based off of F-air's lag, and N-air allows you to jab straight out. Also, his DI was really good considering I could only jab him a few times before he N-aired out.

Would definitely like to play him in some serious friendlies sometime.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Apparently, from Xyro's twitter, Ozz (Falcon) took Zigsta and Brett out in the crew battle. Either Ozz was in the zone or epic choke on our end.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
I want to thank everyone for the congrats guys. And yea...that m2k thing...is getting competely out of hand....But anyway I plan on going to more tourneys from here on out! So Thanks!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Brett was obviously thinking about what was happening later that night and was too distracted to play smash like always.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
knowing brett... 2 SDs choke... OR he went into the game with 1 stock lost it and zigstas bowser got ***** XD
Dang Slaps, you be drinking that Haterade.

I took off Gnes's Mario's last stock, so I played Ozz with all 3 stocks. Took off one life and got his second stock on high percent before getting taken out.

Brett played Ozz on Yoshi's. He started strong, but somehow his controller rolled instead of spotdodge jab. Ozz then did this ridiculous aerial combo that was a near 0-death. Brett got Ozz down to his last stock before getting taken out.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Now all we need is an Ike repping in west coast
Hmmm, Light, come down to San Diego. I need an Ike main here to critique me live. Also, since I can't do any of my brawl recordings.

Fat fangirls...... I wonder if one of the three girl Ike mainers here are fat; they could fit in nicely. And by fat I mean like Nicol.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
My Ipod song list? I don't have many songs I favor over others, and I don't have an Ipod. I think you confusd me with Sanoscy

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
You live in San Diego? I don't have a Wii right now so I cannot come online (also with all this online Wii fails happening it is unlikely we would anytime soon).
Nah i don't live in san diego but im southern cal to im probably a 3-4 hour drive to san diego from where im at. And that sucks maybe some day dood.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
First of all, I don't know who Nicol is. Second, women NEVER tell a guy their weight unless they are very comfortable with them (bf). Ask Brett, I'm sure he has yet to ask his gf how much she weighs. Girls for the most part are very sensitive about their weight. Calling them fat is just a big no no and an easy trip to not getting a girl in your life.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
I know Nicol, she's a peach player. I saw her rank in one of the tourneys.

And sorry if that sounded harsh, but I have joked around with some of the girls here in SD who play brawl by talking about their weight, and they never got bothered by it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i think girls not telling their weight is just an overrated sterotype. Sure some girls are like that, but i wouldn't say most are.

And when i played nicol she was fairly standard size to me when i noticed her.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
When did Nicole lose the e at the end? It's only a stereotype because people ask and then they get the logical reaction. And she isn't fat, nor is she anorexic lol. Insulting people on looks is kinda.. =/

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Quick! Drop the E before she name searches

Also i dont know what people are talking about since I saw Nicole in person and like i said, she looked standard size.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
It's still not a smart idea to ask a woman their weight. If she's one of those who are more sensitive about it, you're about to get an earful.

Also: never tell them how much you think they weigh. It's a lose-lose situation. Guess too high: you think she is fat. Guess too low: you have unreasonable expectations of her and she could never possibly live up to them.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't know who the hell this person is so I could care less, and I agree with San. It's a stereotype, meaning it happens more often then not. It's one stereotype that you should best avoid.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
I thought Nicol is a name and Nicole is what Sally has in The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Nyways, I never intended to insult anyone (especially on their looks). Again, I have not encountered a situation where I talked to a girl about her weight and she got offended so if Nicole reads this, I want to tell her she's prettier than any girl I've seen over here :).

And please, fat is nothing like obese. they r far from similar.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Weight isn't a topic you should be aiming for when talking to a girl. Weight should only just happen to come to the conversation. Cause you shouldnt really care about weight anyways IMO.

Top Bottom