• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Right, and thats exactly what happened here.

Enough of that. where is light? I don't know how far is Norcal from here by car, and he told he might come to SD so I wonder if there IS a possibility of seeing him.

To make any cracks at a girls weight you had better be their best friend or they know you are kidding and the second one doesn't always work and I know because I've done it a few times. It wasn't with evil in my heart I did it but just I thought of it and by reflex I said it. Worst that ever happen was I got kicked out of a dorm and told to never come back(still makes me laugh:laugh:). Best she laughed it off but I'm not sure she secretly hates me:ohwell:.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
That was a great scene in the movie. San and me can be the singers that do sexual dance moves towards the ladies. We'll probably need two more singers to choreograph dance with.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I'm back. Got 17th of 50 in singles. Lost to best Marth in TX, RoyR (took a game and made the others close though) and an Olimar, Zori (kinda threw the first game because I wasn't thinking about the match-up).
Second time I've faced Zori, second time I've lost. I think I'll beat him if I play him again.

4th in LT doubles, not singles. Dumb, had to go against Zac and Lee round 2 (thank the seeding) and ended up losing that set because Ike didn't grab the ledge on Aether for whatever reason. And I wasn't holding down. And I hadn't done it 5 times. I hate climbing through losers brackets, by the way. Takes too long.

Crew battle. Meh. I started beating Ozz and then he held out a RANDOM Dsmash. I shielded, waited, and pre-emptive spot-dodged... but... I guess I pressed the wrong direction, so I rolled... and must have been hit by the last frame of his Dsmash on the first frame of my vulnerability. After that, I got pissed and stupid and he got confident or something. Dunno. Whatever the case, I'm glad the recording equipment wasn't set up.

Anyway, I'm not in much a mood to talk more. Got like a 300 dollar ticket on my way home and I'm really... eh.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
... Yosh was that Yosh ...
Sup guys; I was mentioned =P

I actually don't use down-aerial coming back from the stage that much anymore unless I'm either trying to rack up some good damage before I die, or if I'm positive that it'll hit. It's too dangerous because the priority on it is so bad that if I get knocked out of it, I'm in a terrible position to actually live against someone who knows what they're doing. You better come to the next Hobo Bored, cause I'll be there (and hopefully Polt will too) and then you can compare us =)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924

Ike didn't grab the ledge on Aether for whatever reason. And I wasn't holding down. And I hadn't done it 5 times. I hate climbing through losers brackets, by the way. Takes too long.
Losing MLG round 2 is a LOT worse Brett.

About aether, if you're facing towards the center of the stage, if you hold back when you reach the ledge you die, acting the same way as if you held down. That's why when you hold back on aether, you need to let go right before you actually reach the ledge.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well that's news to me. Guess I consciously let go of back just so I don't go too back.

San's sig rings true to your post Brett.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I know that, San. I only had to play like 4 more sets before being taken out, but I still don't like NOT being in winners bracket.
Probably because I always get seeded to lose round 2. I will always win R1. I will always play someone in top5 R2. It's kind of annoying.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I live near Canada so I really can't empathize with having a lot of competition for high placements. Although 17/50 ain't something to scoff at, either =)

You have my cell so I'm usually up to talk or on AIM if you want to talk about Ike. I talked to Ryo a few times and he's seen dramatic results, even though he was already quite good.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Yeah, my most recent R2 matches I remember in tourney have been Infinity, DPhat, and RoyR. MK, MK, Marth.

I was actually really relieved to lose to Marth, though. I liked the tourney. Didn't just see MK MK MK MK plankplankplankplank like in Dallas.

I know I said I didn't feel like talking, but I can't sleep. Having some serious vertigo. Looks like my innear ear problem from earlier this year is chronic. I'll have to clean out my ears and wait a week or two. =\

San, I'd love to take up that offer sometime. It means something to me [/cheese].

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
True story. One of the Dallas MKs came to my apartment on Friday for a new level of legal planking practice and for that purpose only.
As in test his air planking ability, his ability to use dimensional cape for under Brinstar to either platform, and to see how many ledge grabs he got on average in two minutes so he could measure out how much time he can spend in a normal match stalling on the ledge.
He did this because he's tired of losing to "stupid/gay character strategies."
I did get practice vs gay MK and improved myself if not just a little bit.... but this event explains Dallas and how stupid it sometimes is.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
more like ridiculous XD i couldn't get off the ledge =[
Y'know, it's been a while since I did this to you--

You could probably use a refresher course next time I'm in Dallas, am I right?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Being in a bad mood won't make him ramp up charges, though. It'll just make him press the charges that he already sees.

I should have gotten a 340 dollar bike fine this year due to speeding down a pedestrian sidewalk at night in the reverse direction but the fact that I was a freshman was pretty obvious so the bike cop just let me and my friend off. Ever since then, I have managed to avoid going 25 miles per hour in a pedestrian zone.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
WAIT brett, on the sticker if you get it replaced in 30 days and show proof to the court you only have to pay 30 bucks :). Anyways I can instantly tell you invited Damien over LOL. He doesn't realize that planking/playing gay doesn't work that well against people that are just better then you. Anyways sorry to hear about the bad hobo experience/speeding ticket. If you want some serious MK practice I'll gladly "Play You" not "Gay You."

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol d-throw kill, i've done it before on a snake on smashville's platform. didnt see it coming so he didnt di properly XD
its always fun to kill with throw's, ike needs a killing throwXD

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Dthrow to Upsmash or Bthrow follow to upsmash could be good for mindgame kills but at higher percents the enemy will probably be more easier to kill just baiting airdodges or Bthrow > Dash attack.

DTilt spike forever.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i find that if youve been using b-throw DA alot, heavies will try to spotdodge the DA, which leads to a nice little u-smash setup, mixing it up ike style XD

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Same with Dthrow they'll believe your going to do *Insert aerial attack* Or aether them for a few baby damage racking but just predict correctly and upsmash you'll be guaranteed to hit if you practice it. Im a mental terrorist type of ike.

Also Fthrow/Bthrow Chase then Pivot grab works occasionally too on a spotdodger.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
>_> Dphat, we never did play friendlies at the last Phase. Hopefully you can come to my tournament this month on the 18th.

Top Bottom