• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Everyone has their reason to play the game. A lot of them do it to win. You gotta do what you gotta do. This ain't no DBZ **** where we're saiyans and look forward to fighting someone stronger than us. It's the real world. If it's not Brawl, it's something else. Play to win.
I can see that in terms of a fighter like oh say BlazBlue or SF, but this is brawl we're talking bout here. As in; Sakurai's tripping antics can easily cost you a match. (take that with a grain of salt obv.)

I still would stand by Ike through thick and thin, because if it aint in the least bit challenging, it just is not worth the win. Anyone can press the B button, but it takes a skilled player to use a character like Ike and get first place (San is excluded for being to much a beast of course XD) each time.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Good to see you Ben. I read your blog post on AiB. Anyways, hope you can respond to this. What are your plans on returning to brawl?
Well right now I'm in tech school, and if I want to I could have wifi in my room. But that goes with buying internet service and a router, which is a bit extreme for me being here for just three months imo. I'm at a building that has wifi but they don't allow online gaming due to bandwidth issues, which is understandable. I can only play offline brawl here and I'm lucky to have found a few people here that play the game. I come to this place often to play/practice.

I'm in Wichita Falls at Sheppard AFB right now. After I leave here I go to Arizona for 'hot' training for about a month and then idk what happens then. I either get to have my leave days for about two weeks, or go right to my first-duty station, which is idk where. I asked for Eglin AFB, which is in Crestview, FL, about an hour away from home. I can only hope I go there. Is there any brawl activity outside of the base here? If so I could probably attend tournaments offbase.

Ben's come to visit? Hope the force is going well for you.
It is very much so, just homesick here and there, but its not all bad. I got friends here, internet capabilities to keep up with my family and friend back home, and a well payed job.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Everyone has their reason to play the game. A lot of them do it to win. You gotta do what you gotta do. This ain't no DBZ **** where we're saiyans and look forward to fighting someone stronger than us. It's the real world. If it's not Brawl, it's something else. Play to win.
Lol, did you read my whole post? I said I enjoy fighting tough match-ups; I wasn't complaining, just saying my respect is lacking for certain individuals. I couldn't care less if people choose better characters just to win, I just don't respect that choice and won't do it myself.

Also, good to know it's going well for you Ben; I would also advise against getting WiFi as long as you've got some people to practice with offline. But if you do find a way to get WiFi let us know, I'd like to play you sometime.

:034:

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I might never play wifi again.. today i got my wii back since parents are going out of town for a few days, and i played 1 game on wifi and realized how horrible it is, all the inputs that weren't read and all the stupid stuff that happened... ugh no wonder i never placed well :p wifi johnz XD lol jk

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
As long as the input lag isn't more than say, 5-8 frames and it isn't that awful choppy lag, WiFi isn't bad and you can eventually play just as fast as you would offline by learning to buffer properly in the input lag. The worse the connection with someone (and thus the more input lag), the harder it gets to buffer properly and the slower you'll have to play to stay safe. A lot of people get a really bad connection with someone the first few times they play WiFi and judge it solely on that. Get wired internet, or just play the right people.

:034:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So effin pissed at myself. Our team is up 10 going into the 4th. I sit down for 3 minutes on the bench because I had been playing the whole game and they tie it up. Then we're down 2 with 10 seconds and I miss one of the 2 free throws after going 5-5 at the line -_-. I'm out for blood tomorrow.

Edit: On another note, Street Fighter vs Tekken announced o_O.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Its tough being the MVP Bored

Looks like Street fight and Tekken want to combine their communities to try to beat Marvel vs Capcom and Brawl xD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
So effin pissed at myself. Our team is up 10 going into the 4th. I sit down for 3 minutes on the bench because I had been playing the whole game and they tie it up. Then we're down 2 with 10 seconds and I miss one of the 2 free throws after going 5-5 at the line -_-. I'm out for blood tomorrow.

Edit: On another note, Street Fighter vs Tekken announced o_O.
errr, american football?

my day in terms of sport had been better today. our junior team (the one i played in today) won so we're now in the final of the tournament, good times.

is it true that zootsoot can dsmash us out of aether?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Get wired internet, or just play the right people.
Not sure if you remember, but when we played for the biweekly a while ago I had recently set up my wired internet connection for the Wii. From my firsthand experience at that tournament all of my matches went more or less smoothly (much smoother than they used to be, in any case). It could be post-purchase bias on my part but I think it's worth buying the LAN Adapter.

..although Ussi maintains that the lag between us was horrid, so maybe I just can't tell the difference.

7/25/2010
Visited aunt and great aunt (or at least that's what I think she is, never used the term before). Nice people but I swear everyone is in on some grand scheme to give me diabetes with the amount of sugar they are force feeding me.

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
Ally is playing the GF of the singles tourney right now. He beat Glutonny 3-0 in WF but glutonny came back in WF (he won 3-1 against Kaos). And now, Glutonny just won the first set 3-1 against Ally. Wow pretty intense

EDIT : 1-0 for Ally in the second set
EDIT 2 : 1-1
EDIT 3 : 2-1 Ally, 1 stock 22%. Going on Frigate. Ally is one win away from 1st place, Glutonny needs 2.
EDIT 4 : Glutonny wins ! 2-2 !
EDIT 5 : Final game on SV.
Ally 3 stocks, Glutonny 2
2 stocks each. Ally with a small advantage.
Ally on his last stock, Glutonny with crazy surviving DIs !
Last stock last game ! Ally has 120% !
Glutonny Wins !

YEAAAAHH !!!

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
Nope, he took Falcon once and he lost so he went back to Snake ^^ The european's MK is Kaos and he lost in LF 1-3 against Glutonny.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
gluttony we love you, better still that he's like, a child too!

yeah europe has a massive lack of mk's, the entire continent just doesn't like him

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Oh well. I think most people knew gluttony was pretty beast =p

Tournament I went to yesterday, had to play olimar, 2 DDDs, MK, then TL. Crap was dumb, but oh well rofl.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
I got to watch this gluttony guy i don't watch too many good wario fighters

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
1st in doubles
Split for 1st with pikapika in singles

Was knocked into loser's early in doubles due to gay/unfortunate things over and over, and then came back to 3-4 stock everyone the rest of the tourney.

Ebo, .com, TUSM, kingtoon, K9, and kaylo! from PA came to our tourney

Beat a casual player
Beat .com olimar
Beat Ebo DDD
Lost to pikapika MK winner's semis
Beat K9 pikachu
Beat TUSM DDD
Beat Kingtoon TL and Kirby loser's finals

The venue was very hot and it there was a flash flood too, so it was very humid and everyone was sweating and it was hard to focus. I did not feel like playing when it was so hot and humid.

There were around 32 people who entered brawl singles.
We were all tired by grand finals because PA came, and pikapika beat kingtoon game 5 on delfino with less than 2 seconds left (kingtoon had the % lead) and everyone was all hyped out.

The best TV was on a non-homebrew wii so we couldnt save replays.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Unfortunate Ally lost. Canadian failure.

Seriously though, I wanna hear what Ally has to say about the overall metagame there. Fancy, aggro, defensive, planking, etc.

Now how about some of you Europeans come over here?

errr, american football?
Basketball.

We won today. We were down 17 at the half, and it took a huge effort to get back and win by 5. Somewhere before this game and last, both ankles had been swelling up. Didn't really contribute much on offense, but shut down their star.

Now excuse me, I'm gonna dump my feet into a tub of ice water.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
>_> Did I just read something along the lines of "I play a relatively bad character because sakurai sucks"?

And again, I dont see how playing a good character and having fun are mutually exclusive. Lastly, if you play casually, then why do you even have an input as to what character you should be committed to? The second money gets thrown into the mix, "it should be fun" goes out the window.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
People can have different levels of motivation though. I would like to win in Brawl, but I don't see it happening so I take it lightly. I know I can win in basketball so I do take it seriously, and when I lose, I rage quit.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Almost makes me wonder if there are any good custom stages made by people. I have a custom made Mushroom Kingdom 2 from 64. Pretty legit.

Edit: Side note, I log back onto Gaia Online after 2 years and find all my **** gone LOL. I got haxed. One of the items I had goes for 1 mil gold on auction and the other doesn't even exist on auction. F this site lol.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Wow gaia Online? I haven't been on that for like 2 years myself....

*checks*

yay all my stuff... maybe i'll go make myself a new look out of boredom

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Man, I had a ****** katana and a angelic head wings. Can't believe I got hacked -_-. Can't even file a hacking report cause it's probably been more than 30 days.

Top Bottom