• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Ally is gonna destroy them. Jet Lag johns.
i saw him on the host guys live stream yesterday, he was wrecking everyone, so i think he will unless he gets lost on the way or something stupid

the entire uk scene is staying in a 2-man room, there are 7 going...lol

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
excellent, i now need to go find out what z-dropping and instathrowing is, though im going to take a guess that you jsut press A twice for instathrow...

also i try to jump away from the luigi, its hard as he normally hits me before hitstun ends or before i can use my second jump, ill have to wait till next smashfest to try this out TT_TT

sdi is a wierd thing, i dunno if its right but can you SDI with the tilt-stick?

To answer your questions:

Instathrow is basically a glidetoss on an item while you're in the air. Holding a direction, and pressing shield then A a few frames later, and you'll automatically throw it. I was explaining how if an item is on the ground, you can run up to it, start your jump, and instathrow it.

Z dropping is dropping an item with Z so you don't air dodge.

If you can't get away (aka you're like near 0%), SDI the hit, then double jump away and nair

SDI is not hard, especially if you anticipate the attack. You can SDI multihit moves and most moves in general just as well realistically. Single hit moves where you can prepare to SDI ahead of time and time a cstick+control stick SDI is better, but occurs rarely or in certain MUs.

QCDI is really all you need, since double stick is harder to do with smash stick, and you get plenty of other good things through attack stick.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
To answer your questions:

Instathrow is basically a glidetoss on an item while you're in the air. Holding a direction, and pressing shield then A a few frames later, and you'll automatically throw it. I was explaining how if an item is on the ground, you can run up to it, start your jump, and instathrow it.

Z dropping is dropping an item with Z so you don't air dodge.

If you can't get away (aka you're like near 0%), SDI the hit, then double jump away and nair

SDI is not hard, especially if you anticipate the attack. You can SDI multihit moves and most moves in general just as well realistically. Single hit moves where you can prepare to SDI ahead of time and time a cstick+control stick SDI is better, but occurs rarely or in certain MUs.

QCDI is really all you need, since double stick is harder to do with smash stick, and you get plenty of other good things through attack stick.
so instathrow: next to item>direction towads item>Y>L/R>A?

sdi requires the reaction times to realised you're being hit, it would probably work in the luigi combo's case, however actually timing the sdi is so **** hard, especially for me with my friggin' dyspraxia going on, failure reaction times and the like XP

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Ally just got 3 stocked and sent to Loosers Bracket by Rydle (Ike) (low tier tourney). Ally lost to Izaw (link) too during the pools (still low tier).
in low tier?
then again, izaw is absolutely amazing, played him at a fest and my god **** never looked so good.

blaseboys, are you at bushido?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Downloaded Mr. Doom texture. Has rydle posted here? I've read the name somewhere.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ally just got 3 stocked and sent to Loosers Bracket by Rydle (Ike) (low tier tourney). Ally lost to Izaw (link) too during the pools (still low tier).
Ally is known for sandbagging, but good stuff from Rydle and Izaw.

Rydle does sound familiar...and I definitely know who Izaw is.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Rydle used to be a European Ike main but he only uses Ike for low tiers and mains MK now I think.
Are you guys confusing Rydle with Rylix? lol

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It was probably from some European vid a couple months back. I am not confusing Rydle with Rylix, Ryo, or Rykoshet.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
That's probably who I was thinking of Red lol. In any case, Ally's CF is not what it used to be...or the game has caught up, whatever. How's regular's singles going?

That's probably who I was thinking of Red lol. In any case, Ally's CF is not what it used to be...or the game has caught up, whatever. How's regular's singles going?

Mid Tier Singles

1: Ally ($42.00) :falcon:
2: Kingtoon ($21.00) :toonlink::kirby2:
3: Vex Kasrani ($7.00) :pit:
4: Snakeee :zerosuitsamus:
5: ADHD :peach:
5: Stingers :rob::zerosuitsamus:
7: Keitaro :fox:
7: Xzax :wolf:
9: Phillyrider :peach:
9: vVv ChiboSempai :rob:
9: Inui :ike:
9: Orion :kirby2::zerosuitsamus:
13: Ebo :wolf:
13: Fury :pit:
ally still got it but i guess europe is really good

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Izaw plays this amazing falcon so much, his Link has nothing on him. Think its Haze or someone like that. My guess is Rydle knows the MU really well or just that plain good o.O... Good stuff from them.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well, lionman pretty confirmed what i expected, Rydle knows the MU, which makes me think Ike vs Falcon is actually a solid advantage when Ike knows it.

Lionman

Smash Champion
Well, lionman pretty confirmed what i expected, Rydle knows the MU, which makes me think Ike vs Falcon is actually a solid advantage when Ike knows it.
Ike vs Falcon is really hard for Falcon, jab cancels, priority, range, Rydle´s Ike is awesome and Ally isnt a God of Falcon like many people thinks.

Ally never played an Ike like him

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ike vs Falcon is really hard for Falcon, jab cancels, priority, range, Rydle´s Ike is awesome and Ally isnt a God of Falcon like many people thinks.

Ally never played an Ike like him
There's a guy named San around here...just saying. You know...best Ike in the world possibly...the guy who got so much attention at MLG...you know...that guy. Ally has played him a few times in tourny.

And oh well...don't care much for LT singles. I wanna see how Ally does in Regular.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
From what Lion said, Rydle has a lot falcon exp which I don't, so I get what he means.

I would have been able to play Ally's falcon again at MLG Columbus, but the refs made us get out of our MM midmatch.

Btw, why is Gheb here =/

Lionman

Smash Champion
Results of Low tiers

Jujux first Rydle 2nd more details asap

Like i expected, jujux is Zelda and Rydle dont know the match up

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I find Zelda can be annoying and pretty hard to beat if you don't know the MU. If you do know the MU though, it becomes very easy for Ike IMO. Her recovery is just so terrible among other things.

:034:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's about not being afraid to just jump out and whack zelda, lol. I assume Zeldas have been developing tricks to get past her recovery somewhat, but then there's ledge pressure and onstage pressure if Ike shields.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Btw, why is Gheb here =/
It's Gheb, what did you expect? You know, the guy who thinks he knows the most about everything? Who heavily overrated all of Snake's MUs last time I checked? Said that Snake beats Ike 7-3 or something stupid like that? He's going to post wherever.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Of course, his zelda's probably **** too =p
Wish we heard more about zeldas in general.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well, he may be a very smart player but when it comes down to it, he's still just using Zelda and the character is still limited by the game. Obviously to beat the top Ike main at the tourney Jujux knows what he's doing, because the MU is in Ike's favor.

:034:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
LP just sent me an SMS saying Ally got 2nd and Rydle 3rd. I'm not trolling. It'S the information I have.

:059:

Lionman

Smash Champion
LP just sent me an SMS saying Ally got 2nd and Rydle 3rd. I'm not trolling. It'S the information I have.

:059:
Achoral is the tournament organizator, your info is incorrect and he made some comments about he is going to update with Ally´s placement ._.

Top Bottom