• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Wut wut.. Ally for falcon god people make him out to be again? xD

Ike vs Zelda is so lol for Ike, just fair camp all day

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well then... Rydle didn't play Jujux in GFs? Did he play Jujux at all? Lol... this is very confusing.

:034:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Rydle lost to JuJux in WF. Then he lost to Ally in WF but he beat Ally in an earlier set

:059:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Rydle played Jujux at WF

Ally beat Rydle in LF

Guess Ally found a way around Ike, tsk tsk San you better be ready for him xD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Actually, San made a skype call to Ally and told him how to beat Rydle. San wants to make sure he's the only Ike that can beat Ally's Falcon.

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
Haha at Bored's post xD

Hey guys, I showed you a Zelda combo video a few month ago, it was Jujux's CV, do you remember ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oay3GH3AkSU

Nope i'm not at bushido cuz next week i'm going to go to canada >_> tomorrow is my birthday haha =p

EDIT :
low tier :
1) Jujux
2) Ally
3) Rydle

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You can tell in that video that JuJux knows what he's doing. Still though, I would like to see actual matches instead of an entertainment video.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I like the diversity in characters and countries

also, San there is your competition for best Low tier main in the world

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Great. I might meet him at the 3rd low tier tourney I've ever been to. =)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I lol'd at the fact that it's highly probable you have 31 hats.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Took game 1 of round 2 by 8 points. 49-41. I had 15 points. Though I came out a bit hurt. Swollen elbow, palm, and ankle. Game 2 is tomorrow.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Rydle should post here on smashboards. If he's an AiB member then coming here is definitely worth the transfer.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Rydle just choose to be aggressive at the wrong times... like after teching the Falcon dive...
Lol, that needed more tilt stick, it was a really bad decision if he knew he would fast-fall and that it was his last stock. It may have been possible to get the spike and live with tilt stick but either way it was a bad idea when he had CF at such a high percent with another stock remaining.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Rydle should post here on smashboards. If he's an AiB member then coming here is definitely worth the transfer.
AiB is pretty much dead. I vaguely remember his name from somewhere so he might've posted at one point, but no one posts there anymore.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah I didn't recognize his name at all when I first heard it actually. He's not in that AiB Legion of Ikes nonsense either, which has everything from some actual Ike mains to WiFi Ike main to Ike seconders and even some people who don't play WiFi or Ike and just like to join a lot of social groups.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
he does play well, but those few aggressive decisions like costed him the match

I dont like AiB, like half the people i play like to "show off" in an Ike ditto against me.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
he does play well, but those few aggressive decisions like costed him the match

I dont like AiB, like half the people i play like to "show off" in an Ike ditto against me.
Besides the ones that also come here I hope, what sucks more is when you get someone playing a scrubby MK and actually win, only to have them play an even more scrubby ike yet they win..... fffffffff logic does not sit right here.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I don't really have too much respect for people who are great with Ike or at least have very good potential with him and then switch mains to MK/Snake/some high tier. I can understand having a secondary to handle certain MUs... but Ike doesn't have any unwinnable match-ups, just a lot of adverse ones. Switching mains just to make things easier on yourself is just wussing out as far as I'm concerned.

I don't mind fighting Ike's harder MUs; it forces you to focus and play better, and I like being challenged. I honestly don't understand what else people find fun about the game other than being challenged, because although people say winning is 'fun', that's an inaccurate description. You can enjoy a win, but at the moment you win a match or afterwards, you're not having 'fun' because of the win. Actually playing the game is where the fun should come from, and unless I'm being challenged at least to some extent, I don't enjoy it.

/rant

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You can be good with Ike but prefer to play a different character cause Ike is one of those characters that can do good but you have to have nerves of steel to deal with Ike's shortcomings in the highest levels of play.

though i must say myself I find myself more and more being able to handle those shortcomings better and look at myself and think why am i maining Pikachu now.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
waaaahhh. Wahhhhhh.
Everyone has their reason to play the game. A lot of them do it to win. You gotta do what you gotta do. This ain't no DBZ **** where we're saiyans and look forward to fighting someone stronger than us. It's the real world. If it's not Brawl, it's something else. Play to win.

Top Bottom