• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
err the uk isnt as strict on stages as japan, but not as lenient as usa in terms of counterpicks, i think europe is the same as the uk

neutral:
battlefield
final destination
smashville
yoshi's island
lylat cruise

counterpick:
halberd
castle seige
delfino plaza
pokemon stadium
frigate orpheon
rainbow cruise (borderline)
brinstar (borderline)

also, gluttony is too good for a kid.
but seeing as ally doesnt count as europe, uk still has the best snake in eu, its all good

edit: lol jsut read about teran detective work, also a uk guy, its something abotu being english that makes us detectives for some reason...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well if there is one thing this drama has taught me...there's actually a social world on SWF o_O...though I'm scared to go check it out.

Where the hell is Metroid? I choose you! Investigate!

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I'm used to the social world in AiB, can't imagine how SWF would be since it seems like everything here is so serious. lol

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone here platform canceled with Ike? I read that supposedly all characters can do it, but I couldn't get it to work with Ike.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Has anyone here platform canceled with Ike? I read that supposedly all characters can do it, but I couldn't get it to work with Ike.
oh, is that the thing where you sorta suddenly stop all momentum and continue to move as soon as you get to the platform?

i've seen it being done, but with ike i think the timing is so d-air just before you reach the peak of your jump.

also you do realise is has to b done on a moving platform i.e: smashville, lylat cruise

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
hmm, guess i read something different then. However dair does auto cancel frame 1-4 so what i said isn't completely untrue

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Did you know you can bypass Quick Draw's ending lag by inputting up, down, left, right, Falcon Punch, Hadouken and hitting the reset button during the 18 frame start-up time?

Well, not exactly, but Quick Draw does have an 18 frame start-up time so it's somewhat true.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Stuff about platform canceling.
You just full hop/jump high enough where most of your body is above the platform, then you just mash down on the joystick. You can either time it or just mash. Currently trying to see what I can do out of it. Works on Lylat/SV.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
so its what id already said about it being on a moving platform

although i thought you needed to do a dair, ah well, this works jsut as good for me, mashings sounds easier than timing XD

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Did you know you can bypass Quick Draw's ending lag by inputting up, down, left, right, Falcon Punch, Hadouken and hitting the reset button during the 18 frame start-up time?
I thought it was up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start, Select?

I think I get what platform cancelling is, but not entirely sure if the visual I'm getting is right. Does it basically auto cancel a move?

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
Why is he stuck in Europe ? O_o
Cause he doesn't have enough money on him ?

EDIT : oh, they just told me Ally missed his flight last Tuesday -_-

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
According to the comments, he missed his flight by about 10 minutes and the airline doesn't want to give him a refund, so he doesn't have enough for another ticket. Partly his fault, but also a bit harsh on the airline's part.

Edit: @jam, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg2x22YH2NE.
Mr. R does it at around :28 and...somewhere near the end (youtube just died on me). Last kill was awesome :D

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Airlines never have to give you your money back if you miss the flight. It's your fault that you missed the flight, not theirs. Sounds like Europe pulled an Air Canada: perfectly legal, but everyone who knows about it will hate them for it.

Just catching up on some late name searching <3

yeah, i mean i've been around the uk brawl scene for about half a year and been to absolutely everything and i've never seen a game get timed out, although one did get to 7 seconds left...
that was killerjawz though, best samus main in the world vs. an american-style MK.
soo...
I am Europe's Samus, best in the world is a bit of a stretch my friend ^^.

I've never really watched KJ play. I'd like to see him side by side with Xyro, who I believe is best American Samus.
Yeah Xyro is the best american Samus. I'd love to go double Samus with Xyro once I go to America for hopefully, the next Pound in the series.

though for the record, just put a moth in a jar and put it in front of him, problem solved XD (sorry kj)
HAHA! You are one evil evil man xD. Thanks for the compliment however ^^.

the creepy thing is. he plays JUST like me
Sometimes I think you name search MY name as well as your own O.o...

JK, I love you Xyro <3.

Good day Ike boards, how are you all? ^^.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Whats up?

Plotting to throw bottles at any Samus main we see in a low tier tournament because they are using the character that has to time people out to win.

Other than that: nothing much.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Airlines are lame. Instead of profit mongering by not giving Ally another flight they could have just been like "Okay you payed for a flight, so here's one on our next flight that has an empty seat." That would a) be cool b) be a wise business choice as even if Ally uses Air France only twice more in his entire life then they made more of a profit than by being jerks about it. Just IMO, though.

Seeing KillerJawz's cool avatar made me change my own as well, though I think that making my avatars consecutive strings of blond pretty boys might send out the wrong message. Or the right message, depending on which way you look at at.

And Niddo, you should go check out that possible Frigate Stage 2 chaingrab I mentioned somewhere. You're my official assistant detective, dontcha know?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
The only reason I recognize Light's avatar is because I recently watched some youtube videos featuring him in it. I'll tell you one thing: his brother's one real trip.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I have no hacks, and thus no debug mode Light. No SD card reader for hacks. ;_; And when I tested CGs before on flat surfaces, I thought we had one on Ganondorf, Charizard pass one regrab, Ivysaur, ect.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
The only reason I recognize Light's avatar is because I recently watched some youtube videos featuring him in it. I'll tell you one thing: his brother's one real trip.
Yeah, his brother is one crazy character. I'd recommend you play the game if you haven't yet, Mr. Doom. The Ace Attorney series as a whole is very, well, amusing.

I have no hacks, and thus no debug mode Light. No SD card reader for hacks. ;_; And when I tested CGs before on flat surfaces, I thought we had one on Ganondorf, Charizard pass one regrab, Ivysaur, ect.
Well, that's unfortunate.

You're still my assistant detective, though.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
As far as Ally's plane situation goes, my parents always insist to be at the airport one hour before flight to prevent any shenanigans.

Oh well, hope he gets back somehow.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Wow, that really sucks for him...

It was his fault if he was late for the plane though, I've always made a point to leave ridiculously early on the
very
few recent occasions I've had a flight to catch.

Also I would love to know if that Bthrow on Frigate thing is viable because I love Frigate. I would test it myself but also no debug mode.

:034:

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
:o

Does that I mean I get to wear a monocle and use a magnifying glass?
Zvarri!

Although to be honest the image of someone wearing a monocle while surfing the internet made me chuckle.

Also I would love to know if that Bthrow on Frigate thing is viable because I love Frigate. I would test it myself but also no debug mode.
:/

Until we find someone who is cool enough to assist us, I'll just share what little I know of Bthrow on slants. Bthrow on the very large slant in YI:Melee allows for true combos such as Bthrow to regrab (I know dash grab works, but if you can pivot grab them also [test plz?] that would be so amazing), Bthrow to Ftilt (!) and Bthrow to Aether (sounds better than it is, my grandma could DI out of it...blindfolded, underwater and upside down).

Food for thought until someone goes ahead and plays around some more with Bthrow on slopes and, especially, Bthrow on Frigate.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
If you could Bthrow them to one of the inside slopes on YI -> pivot grab and then Bthrow -> DA to get them off-stage, that'd be amazing. Somehow I don't think you'd have time for a pivot grab though even with a slope after the Bthrow, it just seems like it would take way too long, unless it was to punish a spot-dodge after you Bthrow them against the slope.

:034:

Top Bottom