• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Whats up?

Plotting to throw bottles at any Samus main we see in a low tier tournament because they are using the character that has to time people out to win.

Other than that: nothing much.
Nothing much :3.

I actually had a plastic bottle thrown at me during friendlies ;____;

Seeing KillerJawz's cool avatar made me change my own as well,
It really does depend on which avatar you are referring to, I've changed my avatar quite a bit recently ;___;

though I think that making my avatars consecutive strings of blond pretty boys might send out the wrong message. Or the right message, depending on which way you look at at.
The right message, definatly ;).

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
That was pretty bad no offense. Wrong version of the theme, it also was annoying when it restarted each time, you're also using footage no one really knows.. point it to take popular stuff many people know and replace that...

a perfect example would be
this

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
omg Ussi y hate, this version is much clearer and styles on MKs.

CAN'T PLEASE ANYONE THESE DAYS.

Reg15

Smash Apprentice
That was pretty bad no offense. Wrong version of the theme, it also was annoying when it restarted each time, you're also using footage no one really knows.. point it to take popular stuff many people know and replace that...

a perfect example would be
this
Lol they were gettin it.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Henry Hatsworth was a pretty good game.
Hope you have fun jam.

Anyone know the cheapest way to get a copy of brawl? Or should I just resort to USB loader or something?

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Funny thing, San. My brother was talking to me about Ivy League colleges. I totally forgot which colleges were, and when he mentioned Cornell, first thought in my head was you. My mind was blown for a moment because of the amount of awesomeness I discovered. Now I feel like applying to some myself.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well unless you want to buy it used, which I wouldn't suggest for any game on a CD (never know how messed up it'll be), a USB loader is your best option expense-wise. You can always just buy a new disc but I dunno... if my Brawl disc broke in the near future I'd just go with USB loader rather than buy another disc that'll break later on.

:034:

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Happy Birthday, Mr. Doom.

Food for thought: Ike's initial dash speed is 1.50. Ike's top run speed is 1.37.
Is there some reason besides a 1/100 trip chance that we are not consistently foxtrotting everywhere? Am I missing something?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Tripping an additional 2-3 times a match for the sake of an improved run speed sound somewhat appealing to me, but I guess it's not as clear cut as I previously imagined.

What I am thinking is every Bthrow CG that I wrote off as "off by a few frames" might have to be retested since this wasn't accounted for.

Once again, however, I am in no position to test this sort of thing.

EDIT: If you were extremely ballerific then I presume you would be able to foxtrot, foxtrot, hit backwards and CstickForward+R and perform a pivot grab facing forward from a longer distance. Real pity I can't test this.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
He's an AiB Ike that is "retiring". By retiring, I mean going to college and actually having a life besides sitting on wifi all day. So that makes him think he can never play brawl ever again. Gasp.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
He's an AiB Ike that is "retiring". By retiring, I mean going to college and actually having a life besides sitting on wifi all day. So that makes him think he can never play brawl ever again. Gasp.
I thought the same thing last September.

Turns out colleges actually have Smash scenes. That was quite some fun.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Stark's an alright guy and he does know how to use Ike. Nothing wrong with only playing on WiFi if you live somewhere that has no local smash scene; offline players may look down on WiFi players (I really don't know why) but it's almost like two entirely different games/communities. He may not have proven himself at major offline events but people knew and respected him on AiB.

I'm sure he'll come back to Brawl though.

:034:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I just hate it when people say they are retiring. What that means to me is you will never come back to the game competitive wise ever again. It's one thing to say I'm taking a break or will be gone for a while, but retire is a strong word.

In any case, Stark lives in Cali Nys, the smash scene in Cali is loaded and he does go to offline events. The one thing I never like about the majority of the Ikes on AiB is that they over dramatize everything and assume the worst. There's another Ike on AiB that is "quitting" cause he is going to college. I mean even if there is no smash scene there, you can probably set up wifi there.

Also, they think it's the end of them if they don't play smash everyday. During school, I play like twice a week and thatks it >_>.

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
I just hate it when people say they are retiring. What that means to me is you will never come back to the game competitive wise ever again. It's one thing to say I'm taking a break or will be gone for a while, but retire is a strong word.

In any case, Stark lives in Cali Nys, the smash scene in Cali is loaded and he does go to offline events. The one thing I never like about the majority of the Ikes on AiB is that they over dramatize everything and assume the worst. There's another Ike on AiB that is "quitting" cause he is going to college. I mean even if there is no smash scene there, you can probably set up wifi there.

Also, they think it's the end of them if they don't play smash everyday. During school, I play like twice a week and thatks it >_>.
Yeah I can agree with you I guess, I play often, but its only about a hour or 2 a day

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Speaking of Samus, while I was playing Xyro, I was thinking of 2/3 different ways to avoid Samus' spike that I was experimenting with.

1. air dodge and move away/under the stage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO8yJv6rIhU&feature=channel

At 0:46

This is so you dodge a part of the spike, and the rest of the hitbox just doesn't touch you. Underneath the stage, the samus is usually going off to hit you, so there's a chance he'll miss.

Dodging and going away from the stage is possible too, but Samus has her 3 tethers, so if you try to aether back, make sure it's possible to aether all the way back to the stage. Samus can't really punish this very hard at mid% (low % there's spike setups I guess) If you have to air dodge away, save your double jump.

2. Fast falling (if you have double jump)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n15hVHkboFE&feature=channel
At the end (short vid)

I tried this once in one of the matches. Ike can fall pretty fast and still recover pretty well vertically. You have to be prepared to either hit the Samus or just recover to the stage, because Samus can snap to the ledge very fast.

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
I like how Xyro chooses to just UP b right away after getting hit by aether, get edge hogged, and then die every time he fails a spike.

Happens to a lot of people really, they get hit by aether and instinctively try to mash up B and get to that ledge not thinking that that's exactly where the Ike is going to be with invincibility frames instead of using their air stalling tools to wait it out. Love it 8D

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If you miss at least nicking the Samus with aether though (assuming reverse aether), it's pretty annoying getting back to the stage. I was just talking about this because I would think others would probably have difficulty in these sorts of situations, too.

BTW I wanted to wait until like near midnight for the lolz but if it's really Mr. Doom's birthday, happy birthday and hope you're still enjoying it.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Nah, it was regular DI. I hit him with the dair, then I noticed he was still invincible, so I was like osh-- and tried to move myself away, which caused me to DI offstage when I got spiked.

Top Bottom