• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
San was probably thinking "Time to end all this Mr. Doom SDI nonsense. It's gonna be called San SDI after this."

-SDI's himself to death.-

"Dammit..."

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I am disappoint. I saw more jabs from the bowser than you =(

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Bowser did grab releases to Ftilts and Klaw shenanigans. >.> And how could I jab if I was sent offstage? ;[
Anyway, that little clip surprised the hell out of me when it happened because I have no clue on why that works. Which is why I just stopped all of a sudden and got dsmashed. lol

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
The people from out of state were gloating a lot every time they won a match, so when we were winning the hype created from other people got a little ridiculous.

But I don't get distracted from other people in general when I play so I couldn't care less, rofl.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
ah, whole story makes everything make sense XD way to stick it to them then. in a humble manner of letting the others trash talk while they ride you for the win for their region lololol

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Only person I trash talk is Dr. Grandpa because he's fun to troll IRL

theeboredone

Smash Legend
My trash talk is the truth. You got me there.

@Video with San. I'm sure this is San's thought process...

N****, this some bull**** right here. Motha****in **** suckin ***** *** ***** got to be chain grabbin his *** all over the ****in place. Man, I swear, I'm gonna **** this loud *** motha ****a over when I'm done with this fat *** DDD.

Re-reading this now with the censor, I don't even know what the hell I just typed LOL.

Edit: And this is San's actual talk after he wins.

Good game sir. Your DDD is quite skilled and presented a great threat to me. I hope you all here learn that such rude talk will not work on a strong mind like my own. I have gone through far worse, and I assure you, you did not even reach such a level.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Luckily it was Delfino and I didn't really get CG'd hardly at all so everything was all good.

I had to play an olimar, MK, and another DDD already so I was used to it by that point. + I don't really get that annoyed playing DDD because I know I can win as long as I play well.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Honestly, DDD isn't that bad. In my opinion, it just comes down to who reads who better. If you can get DDD to whif his grabs or get him moving, Ike can string together some good damage. Plus, get him far enough offstage, and he has to use his recovery. Just read and punish.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Another thing I don't see often from a lot of DDD mains is the attempt to gimp Ike. After CG'ing Ike offstage, DDD can fall off b-air Ike into the stage, and also try to use his extra jumps to either foot stool, f-air, or do something else to gimp him.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ike can actually counter being gimped pretty well. But if he reads wrong then its death :x

Just i guess DDD's don't feel confident enough to go for it anymore afraid they might get aether spiked to dair'd

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well that's the thing. DDD has 4 jumps? Might as well take the risk. The only thing I can see Ike doing after getting CG'ed off is a possible reverse aether, but that would depend on where DDD is.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah, as long as DDD times it right to get in before or just after Aether's SA frames, he can basically Bair wall Ike underneath the stage. I've seen it done, and it's not pretty. Even if we tech the first one he's got enough jumps to safely try for the stage spike several times and we have nothing to counter his Bair while we're under the stage without a double jump. We basically have to Aether and hope he screws up.

@Ussi, Aetherspike isn't too much of a threat to DDD, unless he's wasted all his jumps already, in which case we could edge-hog or otherwise easily edge-guard his upB.

:034:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Match up becomes worse than MK LOL.

I'm surprised not many DDDs do it though. Out of the many I've faced, I've only seen 2 do it. I think we should delete these pages soon.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
All I can say is I need to see a video for exactly how the DDD bair is done or I won't believe that info, lol. Same thing I said all those months ago.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
70% of the time I grab the ledge after a CG and the other times they fthrow me i'm too high for a foot stool...

if they go for footstool can't we FF then aether back?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm not sure because if DDD d-throws you off stage, you will be going down already. Maybe F-air's overhead swing can hit DDD, but we might be too low to recover by then. Even if we save our jump.

It's really hard to visualize. Best way to go about this is have two people test this.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
All I can say is I need to see a video for exactly how the DDD bair is done or I won't believe that info, lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNjKyryp478

At about 1:11 into the video. I think this vid was brought up here before sometime; I remember seeing it somewhere and that part stood out to me, I didn't see it coming at all first time I watched it.

:034:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
If you anticipate it, you can reverse aether immediately to at least prevent the b-air, but I don't see aether spiking him. However, if DDD reads the reverse aether, he can just grab the edge or something.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
There's a few ways he could've gotten back both times that DDD would need a decent read to get past instead of just reaction. The dthrow was bad luck for Selcia using his jump at just the wrong time/the direction he was moving in the air and the grab release requires either good timing or sucking up 1 bair on purpose from what I notice. Still a fair chance of getting back as long as you're very safe with double jump use and being prepared for such a situation.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Personally, I would just improve in these situations through experience. Since it doesn't happen often, I tend to forget about it.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I like one of the comments in the match RedX posted.

"This Ike needs to jab cancel truthfully."

Sounds like a ****ing fortune cookie.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Grab release to Bair, only answer is to mash aether as fast as possible and hope you dont get hit, otherwise tech. ****'s dumb but more than a couple of years old. DDD's should be abusing the **** out of that maneuver though, the reward great great greatly outdoes the risk.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Another thing I don't see often from a lot of DDD mains is the attempt to gimp Ike. After CG'ing Ike offstage, DDD can fall off b-air Ike into the stage, and also try to use his extra jumps to either foot stool, f-air, or do something else to gimp him.
footstooling ike sounds rather risky and situational imo

your uair/aether can cover any fs attempt. As aether can drag us both down into the blastzone if the DDD doesnt DI it right, n uair is well uair. Bair/fair is a much safer reward to use on ike

Top Bottom