• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Belive M2K is now the most successsful smash player of all time.

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
Lol..am I the only one who read this thread title in Kanye's voice? Lolol. "Ken I'm happy for you and I'ma let you finish...but M2K is the most successful smash player of ALL TIME...of ALL TIME!!!"

On a serious note, I think that claim is a safe assumption.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i'm curious as to how much Ken won from survivor.

Regardless, M2k has been at the top money wise for awhile i'm sure. (not including kens survivor obviously, lol)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Amount

i'm curious as to how much Ken won from survivor.

Regardless, M2k has been at the top money wise for awhile i'm sure. (not including kens survivor obviously, lol)
1 1,000,000
2 100k
3 85k
4 70k <------ Probably this much. IIRC, he got like 4th or something. :confused:
5 55k
6 40k
7 25k
8 10k
9 8k
10 6k
11 5400
12 4800
13 4200
14 3600
15 3000
16 2400

I'm not sure what this year was from nor the country version, but this was what I found.

Violence

Smash Lord
He was fifth.

I remember this specifically because the four people who voted them off had the first letters of their first names as SSBM.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
.....ok

is that why hes lost like

10 tournaments ?

losing = not first place

if you make your money back and more imo you win lol

MTKO

Smash Journeyman
I remember in mid-2008 I asked Jason at Esticle how much he had made at that point from smash and he said 16k...I think. 2 years and countless tournaments later and I imagine he's a few times that now.

Anyone have any idea what some pro's in other games have made?

Like someone said earlier, Halo pays out quite a bit. As far as teams go Str8 Rippin has made over $200,000 (split between a 4 man team and possibly their coach) for the '08 and '09 season. I don't think they made much in halo 2 though. And if you want a specific player, then that would probably be Dave Walsh (Walshy).

•Col•

Smash Champion
Lol..am I the only one who read this thread title in Kanye's voice? Lolol. "Ken I'm happy for you and I'ma let you finish...but M2K is the most successful smash player of ALL TIME...of ALL TIME!!!"
Nope. That's exactly what I thought of when I saw the title.

Pi

Smash Hero
anyone mentioned MM's yet?

and ken made that money
and never gave back to the smash community
what a ****

also m2k stop downplaying what you've won
we get it, you travel, you go to school, you help your family out
you think you're the only one?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Ken was also paying for college and helping out his family. Remember guys, Asians are poor, they plug their gamecubes into trees like bombsoldier

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
M2k

prolly less, because m2k aparantly cant play to his full potential while juggling games.
Do all games that are run under MLG right now all run at the same time? :confused:
anyone mentioned MM's yet?

and ken made that money
and never gave back to the smash community
what a ****

also m2k stop downplaying what you've won
we get it, you travel, you go to school, you help your family out
you think you're the only one?
When you win the MM, you keep the money. It wouldn't be an MM if you gave back to the person that lost. :laugh:

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
1 1,000,000
2 100k
3 85k
4 70k <------ Probably this much. IIRC, he got like 4th or something. :confused:
5 55k
6 40k
7 25k
8 10k
9 8k
10 6k
11 5400
12 4800
13 4200
14 3600
15 3000
16 2400

I'm not sure what this year was from nor the country version, but this was what I found.
Do people really win 1,000,000 from a Smash tourney? I really doubt it, unless the currency is the Japanese Yen.

Ken was also paying for college and helping out his family. Remember guys, Asians are poor, they plug their gamecubes into trees like bombsoldier
I don't think ALL asians are poor, and it really depends on where they come from in Asia, I'd reckon the Japanese earn more than say, a South Korean. China and North Korea are communist so I think everyone earns the same amount of money(Correct me if I'm wrong)

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Do people really win 1,000,000 from a Smash tourney? I really doubt it, unless the currency is the Japanese Yen.

I don't think ALL asians are poor, and it really depends on where they come from in Asia, I'd reckon the Japanese earn more than say, a South Korean. China and North Korea are communist so I think everyone earns the same amount of money(Correct me if I'm wrong)
Not smash... the hit reality TV show survivor.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
M2k

They don't play for money in Japan. :confused:

Fletch

Smash Master
my friend who is there for a year who is a smasher, said its illegal to play for money.
I'm pretty sure its technically "illegal" here as well though, I really think it's just more of a pride thing for them rather than following the law per se.

TP

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure its technically "illegal" here as well though, I really think it's just more of a pride thing for them rather than following the law per se.
No, it's perfectly legal in something like 44 US states.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
tournaments are illegal? I don't think so. whats different about MLG then?

you pay to partake in an event, and winner gets a prize.

mm are the closest thing to gambling. ppl make side bets and ****.

according to toph many want to play for money. one of the venues is in like an important building or something idk and they wouldnt want to get caught.

but it could very well be a pride thing.

Fletch

Smash Master
No, it's perfectly legal in something like 44 US states.
Completely illegal in Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Iowa, Maryland, North Dakota, Tennessee and Vermont. If it's not considered a game of chance then I guess its legal elsewhere, although I think that is kind of a fuzzy line.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Completely illegal in Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Iowa, Maryland, North Dakota, Tennessee and Vermont. If it's not considered a game of chance then I guess its legal elsewhere, although I think that is kind of a fuzzy line.

I wouldnt consider melee a game of chance.
It takes alot of skill and practice

-Ran

Smash Master
Depends, since many people 'think' it's illegal in Louisiana to have tournaments for money as well. However, I've discussed it with two laywers, and it's really just a matter of word choice in the construction of the laws. The laws were made for 'video gaming' in reference to video gambling. More so, the laws only are activated in cases where a third party is an actual organization that is making a profit. At least that's how the Louisiana law ends up working.

Which brings me to my other point, we really should be petitioning our senators to change the literature of the law to replace 'Video Gaming' with 'Digital Gambling' or something similar.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
i dont think ive made that much lol. I really don't know how much, but a lot of it never got paid to me. Activegamers 2k, Snes 1k, Winterfest 1.5k is all owed to me and idk if I will receive them. Most of my money (or half or so) goes to my family. The rest goes to college and travel expenses to get to other tournaments and I am saving all of it up besides that so that I can have a good future after smash (if smash ever dies which.... imo won't happen for a long, long time).

i have definitely not made 50k lol unfortunately. A lot of big events I got unlucky at. Mlg finals last year was 3k 5k 10k for top 3 and I got 4th and 4th got paid 0 :(

Evo finals was 5k first and top 8 got paid I got 9th at got 0 :(

very unfortunate luck with the biggest events I am sad to say

Wtf, Activegamers didn't payout either? Gay as ****.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
China and North Korea are communist so I think everyone earns the same amount of money(Correct me if I'm wrong)
Really? I mean really?

Communist =/= every makes the same amount of money.

I don't think any of us can really commentate on what is legal or what is not legal. For the record, MLG actually does have a team or lawyers that work on these things and of these states:

Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Iowa, Maryland, North Dakota, Tennessee and Vermont
MLG has held tournaments in Colorado and Maryland (coming up in October).

Top Bottom