• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 18: R.I.P metaknight=Meta banned(Full results up!!!!! Pics/vids coming soon!!)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Ok, I'm gonna keep this short and sweet, give out a few special/particular shoutouts.

First, I'm glad I was able to do well again in singles (I lost to the second best player in TX in a close set and lost to one of the best Warios), I guess Oh Snap was just an off day, which is great news.

Dina - it was great meeting you in person, people were all over that Wario plushie all day, and the cookies were delicious, I'll make sure to sleep with the plushy and take it to every tournament for good luck from now on.

Bassem - I'm hella proud of you, sir, and still envious that you are better than me at Wario dittos. One day I'll have to practice the matchup so that I can best you should this happen again. Get better against GW and D3, and don't be afraid to come to me for advice/counterpicks and stuff if you need them in person during a set, you're allowed to.

Gnes - you're such a cool and fun person, I still feel miserable that I choked so hard in doubles, I think the fatigue just caught up to me all at once. Try not to get down if you lose a match, it doesn't suit you, you're such much more tight to hang with when you're being up beat :D Our synergy was great excluding that last round, and I really enjoyed you as a teammate, I look forward to teaming with you again at 20 and I will for sure remember to take a break next time between sets.

Broly - we super bonded this tournament, for no reason, haha. I spent so much time next to your table at this tourney :p Our set was fun and intense too (except you're still a *** for wall infiniting me). Keep ****** faces every time you visit us and you'll move up on that PR for sure. Just try to tone down the arrogance b/c it detracts from your person.

Inui - our singles set was hella intense, random shenanigans going on from both ends, haha. I would've liked to play your MK, but I did more than enough brawling to keep me satisfied for at least a week and a half. I am envious you outplaced me in doubles, but that was squarely my fault, and I'm sad we didn't get our epic showdown :p You are much more amicable in person than online, you should really stop trying to antagonize everyone on the internet and you'd get a lot more respect as a person and player. I hope you succeed with "THAT."

Chris Zigsta - You are one of the coolest people ever, sir. Thanks for driving us to the tournament. I had a blast talking with you about anything and everything and I'm glad to have met you, get into BlazBlue so we have more things to do with each other!

I'll do other shoutouts later, but these are the special/unique ones. I love everyone in the community and never truly regret spending a weekend with you all even though I complain a lot about the time wasted the next day :p

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
lol good thing i'm still technically on the texas pr so i didn't get maced, because i went up and talked to you at one point, it was mostly just a friendly manner though =]
lol! But no really, I did bring mace with me. But it's because I brought my purse and my mace lives in my purse. =3

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Good tourney, I had lots of fun and lots of friendlies. It was good seeing and talking to everyone.

I think I'm going to quit competitive smash in the next few months. I haven't been doing so good, I'm kind of broke, and this panda just can't keep up anymore. I do want to stay active in the community by helping Xyro run tourneys, if he wants me to and I would still go to tourneys to play friendlies. But yeah, I think it's time for a break, maybe a permanent one. :)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
This tournament was wicked fun. Shoutouts to come later.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
...The sad thing is you might need mace at tourneys... <_<
Maybe I should go get a taser.... but they cost like over 300 bucks lolwtf. (Okay.. that's going a bit overboard ):chuckle:

Zori

Smash Champion
i would like to point out, for some reason everyone kept touching my right boob like it was really weird because it was always the right one @_@ did you guys play that or what

i guess its my 'good side' :]

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DMG does nasty things to Boobs.

If the Price Is Right.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
i would like to point out, for some reason everyone kept touching my right boob like it was really weird because it was always the right one @_@ did you guys play that or what

i guess its my 'good side' :]
zori i want to shave your head, wax that dome, and rub it for good luck ;)

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
mmmmmm those cookies were good...

..anywho tournament was fun i totally didnt plan on doin that well since i hadnt touched the game in forever and i was just going cuz so many people needed housing,

i enjoyed housing everybody cept for my neighbor complaining a little lol

ill do moar shoutouts later later :)

Emotiongear

Smash Rookie
It was rhetorical.....

And for those that don't like him, you should let them settle their disputes amongst themselves. They need to be a real man and talk to ABK for whatever reason and they need to settle stuff. IMO De'Angelo is a cool dude, don't know him too well but, I think it sucks he couldn't be there to enjoy the tournament with the community. IMO that's where you failed.

I meant your not a smooth talker.....

Liez.
Whether it sux or not, or what personality he has, or what he did is a different story. The point is I asked him not to show up and he does only to cause a scene.
I had no dispute with him, I just told him not to show up on Saturday. If he had questions, he should have asked me then, not brought drama to my business on the day of an event.

We can have the lock-in, it really depends on Xero and Dugfinn. Like I said, we just have to plan it right. I have never turned down any requests dugfinn has brought to me, im always willing to work something out for mutual happiness.

And just to clarify on the playcard minumum, we require a minimum charge of $5 on your card when reloading because people kept charging $1 and throwing the cards away, then coming back and doing the same thing. We ran out of gamecards very quickly. It costs a lot to print the cards so instead of raising the price on the actual card, we put a minimum in effect. BTW a game of streetfighter costs less than $1 (can cost a lot lower depending on your card stats). Just some insight on things here.

I like this community, and genuingly want to see it grow. I do what I can to support it, we dont have to give out $1000 in bonus pot money or other prizes, but we do. I know this is a shoutout thread so I apologize for the posts but I wouldnt let him call me out like that.

Zori

Smash Champion
guess ill do shoutouts

1: Ultimate Razer- The things you did to that water bottle where unspeakable :l
2: Gnes- Good stuff going random with me, i have a midset for everyone i play but i have no idea what to do vs you >_< but next time ill be ready :] and im going olimar.
3: Lee Martin- watching you lee was amazing when you played beah it was like you where gliding around the stage, you where playing melee @_@ and that up-b kill on inui was crazy, best match of the day imo. our matchs where very close and i know im never going to beat you again but i do look forward to playing you again :}
4: Bassem- great wario i should of played more agro because you didnt camp at all, i was not thinking straight. but its great to see wifi players doing there thing
5: Fogo-epic plushi is epic thanks for cheering me on before in the middle and afterwards of the tounry sorry i could not to friendlys i had to leave D: next time your the first person i will go to.
5: Zori- trash accept it
7: PhantomX-nice talking to you, your wario is so amazing its like you can turn the **** switch on command teach me some stuff D:
9: Inui- thanks for knocking over my olimar -_- olimar is not broken. stop that
9: Ice-haha ice your so tight, your so laid back but **** at the same time, we should team sometime
13: Jerm-gg's i feel we are going to go back and forth on games lol
13: FlipHop- fun teaming flip thanks for the burger :] sex jokes are amazing. ill bring the headban if you bring the yellow jacket :0
17: Kates- i don't think we meet but it seems your zss is getting up there
17: Hylian- i think the only reason i did good was because i saw you give me bye to esca, i was really upset, and i want to mm you.
17: Cy- i had a std last night
17: Light-gg's you sheik is really good on following up the last combo i did on you i pulled out my *** :l
25: Xyro-thanks for hosting yet again
25: Ozz-play
33: RT-dont quit i need you D:
33: Seiya- thanks for motivating me :] and touching my right boob #_#
33: Esca-gg's
33: Jaded Link- i swear if you where fino....... lol
33: Smoooooooooooom- SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
33: KRD- i didnt even think you would count tht wolf match i mean we spent half the match trying to pop a baloon o-0 but if it makes you happy....
49: Conker-2 gud
49: Crosss-keep coming you will get ranked higher
65: JS- your dk is getting better >_< i still hate dk he is too big
Gea: thanks for all the compliments and you can't play olimar and peach it breaks the game D: don't shave my head my mom would kill me LOL

so yeah i though doing good here would get me on the PR but apparently the new one just started.... AWESOME but instead im going into a long argument why i deserve to be on there im just going to work hard....... screw it >_>people are just going to lose to an unranked houston and texas player :l

KRDsonic

Smash Master
33: KRD- i didnt even think you would count tht wolf match i mean we spent half the match trying to pop a baloon o-0 but if it makes you happy....
I like to make myself sound dumb by acting proud over a random pointless friendly that ended in you suiciding when you should've won, though. It's what everyone does these days now, right? :)

banehollow3789

Smash Rookie
MELEE EXCLUSIVE players, nah, lmao...
thats why i got 10 wins in marvel street fighter and blazblue vs good houston comp lolz...

Dr. Mario is laughably easy to use.
ur really gonna talk **** to a guy when u go shiek?

I am most certainly far better than you at Melee
as proved in tourney no lol

I did much better than people expected me to.
getting 3 stocked twice as shiek isnt very good lol who gets 3 stocked shiek vs fox with dreamland as ur counterpick i mean dont u live in the same state as jman and m2k?

It's just less visible because I'm funnier in person.
your right i mean i did chuckle reading your **** talking posts knowing u were gonna get *****, but i outright cried when u rage quit and said **** FOX

i miss royr :( im bad at melee fro ***** me
its ok someday you'll be as good as me

p.s. thanks to hylian for buying me and brawly lunch <3

EclipseKirby

Smash Cadet
I certainly enjoyed coming out to this thing (aside from teh loudness). Gonna have to get supersonic for future awesomeness.

Inui

Banned via Warnings

A random has dared to challenge a von Karma!?

ur really gonna talk **** to a guy when u go shiek?

Certainly. Sheik is much harder than Doc. Sheik actually requires being fast. Doc requires camping with pills, WD --> d-smash/grab, d-throw --> something, jab --> d-smash, and spamming b-airs. All of that is both slow and simple. So easy.

Sheik requires way more speed and she is ***** by the space animals.

as proved in tourney no lol

Congratulations. You beat an extremely rusty player that had no time to warm up at all. The players in that Melee event were randoms, just like you. Given some actual practice time, my experience would have given me the tools to take you all out.

getting 3 stocked twice as shiek isnt very good lol who gets 3 stocked shiek vs fox with dreamland as ur counterpick i mean dont u live in the same state as jman and m2k?

Fox ***** Sheik.

I had no time to practice. Practice is actually important in Melee. Rusty Sheik vs warmed up Fox = massacre.

your right i mean i did chuckle reading your **** talking posts knowing u were gonna get *****, but i outright cried when u rage quit and said **** FOX

Next time I will actually make sure I practice for the Melee event, and we'll see who's laughing after that...

its ok someday you'll be as good as me

I'm already better. I am not impressed by a random player taking advantage of the rustiness of a smarter and more experienced player.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I two stocked a rusty Fox with my rusty Zelda.

KRD for Melee pro now? (jk).

I'm wondering if I should've watched more Melee matches though, maybed learned a thing or two.

Broly

Smash Lord
SHOUTOUTS-

P.X- I loved coaching youall day, lol. shouulda took a break. great wario, thx 4 the tips. hope we can chill next time

Dphat- great set we had. marth was cool, but i knew you were rusty. epic snores, i heard it from the car.

Beah- were 1-1 fool. great characters you have, sux we never mm'ed

Kuro- I HATE YOU FOR SANDBAGGING. i 3-0'd you in mm, then ya get so close in tourny set, WTF?

Dugfinn- Thx for the table, im very grateful for your efforts to help me every tourny. i am still mad at you for cheering for inui.

Gnes- My favorite smasher. just be patient next time

LeeM- Thx for the marth vs snake tip, ill try it out. nice TL, it was epic.

Kates- never friendly w/ me. i dont have handicap AIDS or something, =[[[[

Razer- gratz getting 1st.

Royr- When we going to team? i miss you

Dojo- texas had your back on this one

Hylian- LOVE YOU

Vickey- i love your **** on vorgy. too good

Magik- FALCO AIRDODGE. LMFAO

Shlike or shlick or w/e- nice zss you might be better than kates

Ozz- good **** rapin vorgy. he plays my marth everyday, and STILL doesnt know the match-up. lol.

Vorgy-[ srry for the shoutout above this. LOL

Seiya- thanks for housing rgv every hobo. you really are a great guy for supporting us. much love

Fro- 6 o'clock johns...GET 3RD

Inui- thx 4 the compliments on my marth. our set was intense and had epic commentating. snake was great, but ddd needed improvement. great guy, but now ya know texas level

All in all, great tourny guys. i had so much fun, and i thank you all 4 cheering for me on my inui matches. ill see ya next time.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
omg who was watching and commenting my friendlies vs Hylian it was so hilarious you guys were all johning for me and saying funny smart *** **** it was too good! Someone said he was a **** for Cg'ing me because "It was her first time offline and she's purdy!" WHO SAID THAT!?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Dugfinn- Thx for the table, im very grateful for your efforts to help me every tourny. i am still mad at you for cheering for inui.
Sorry but she likes me more than TX I guess. :)

Inui- thx 4 the compliments on my marth. our set was intense and had epic commentating. snake was great, but ddd needed improvement. great guy, but now ya know texas level
Yeah, you're good. My Dedede sucks.

I was already aware that TX is good. I LOST TO LA IN LOSERS THOUGH, UGH!

-_-

Conceded people. Bluh......
*conceited

Gnes

Smash Master
Whatever, i really dont what to do. Ugh...i need to play melee for a perk up

Well on a pre shoutout notice

Snake Eater got 17th...****ing pro. Hopefully she eats Razer soon.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I certainly enjoyed coming out to this thing (aside from teh loudness). Gonna have to get supersonic for future awesomeness.
Thanks for coming out bro!

I enjoyed the few games we had, I have very little experience against Sonic so it was refreshing playing something other than freaking Wario. Come down to the next one and maybe we can play on a Wii that doesn't act gay.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Shoutouts

25: Xyro - You lost to Smoom. TRAAAAAAAAAAAASH!
Actually smoom is a very good player. He just lacks exp. He is the FIRST ice climber to be able to beat people WITHOUT the infinite. Hes legit and earned his win.

I would like to point this out to everyone:

I did HORRIBLE at this Tournament!

First I lost to some DDD named JUJ, which is the reason I placed 25th in Singles. Then I screwed up my sets with Razer against Gnes+PhantomX and Cy+Esca, which made us get 7th. I didnt do any MMs or friendlies with people because I KNEW I was gonna lose. I was off my game the WHOLE day. Ozz 3-stocked me and Cy just destroyed me...

/trelajohns

I'll hopefully do shoutoutz later, but Razer, I'm sorry about teams. I know you wanted to get some cash for December.

=Trela=
No johns. You did bad, its ok. Everybody has bad days.

Well, first of all, I was probably more awkward than usual because the whole time I had a 104 fever. Xyro kept asking me if I was ok, and I kept saying I was fine because I didn't want him to worry, haha.

25: Xyro: Good games in singles...how'd I win?!
I KNEW there was something wrong. I can tell these things, my boy! And you won fair and square, each grab you landed you made it count WITHOUT the infinite. I am 100% ok losing to you. You eared that win. Im proud of you.

Shoutouts
Xyro: Godlike host. You're the best Samus.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hearing this from you is AWESOME!!!!!!! Thanks, we did AWESOME in low tier teams! I stock tanked/bult up damage while you KO everybody=TEAM WORK!

how come royr only joined low tier doubles?
Roy doesnt realy play anymore. He works more than plays. He showed up for low tier though and did VERY well. Furbs yoshi grab release to royr' KNEE......SICK

Just talked to Xyro and he told me to post this in this section so the whole "WORLD" can see what Planet-Zero is all about! Good seeing all the new/old players from yesterday. Im going to let everyone know what went on behind the scenes.

Venue/Planet-Zero/Owner/John/Bald Headed Guy: Im going to be REAL! Xyro wanted to go back to planet-zero ONLY to test out the lock-in John promised. Now, these were the PROMISES/LIES that were said from John. LIE #1 The room next door was were the brawl tournament/lock-in was supposed to be held. He told xyro that he would clear out the arcades and that would be the space everyone would have to run the tournament. PROMISE BROKEN! He stuck all the players in this small so called cafe that only his staff members use. LIE #2 Lock-in John says that there was a convention going on so most of his staff was out there so the lock in was cancelled. Remind you 2 weeks later after the promotion had been on smash boards for over a month! Funplex would NEVER EVER DO THIS! This was a setup to lock in a HOBO so that way he can make his venue $$$ and try to force as many brawl players to buying his 2$ Drinks. PROMISE BROKEN!

So that all of the brawl players know, this guy doesnt have anything left but the brawl community. He has SCAMMED and not PAID so many of his players thats why they cant post any of there tournament on Shoryuken.com. Mr. Wizard the owner said, Planet-Zero is not allowed to post any of there tournaments until all players from all states are paid there money.-->http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=163933

Xryo said this will be the last draw from dealing with Planet-Zero. They dont care about the community. All they care about is Venue fees and $$$. There business is doing so bad that they changed there policy from puting 1$ on your card to a 5$ minimum. Thats a sign of your business is FAILING!

Police: John called the police on me yesterday and told the police I was harrassing brawl players 2wice. How is this possible when I talk to everyone every month at funplex and NEVER had a problem with anyone. John did this because he wanted me to run my Test Your Skills Series there and I said HELL NOOOO! Xyro asked me 6 times. Can you run it, It will be cool. I said No. I do not want to be affilated with people who SCAM there players. John figured if I BANNED him for (((1 day ONLY))) is what he told the cops then he would get back at me. WOW. King Mosiquito and his friends told the 1st cop we were just having a chat and the cop was like this is a waste of my time. Im going to do my rounds. Have a Great Labor day weekend. 2nd time was Johns Cop friends. The cop said that he would arrest me and I was like for what! King Mosiquito said that I havent bothered anyone up here. Then looks and me and him and is like "I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO" lol Long story short. Johns plan never WORKED!

1 last important thing! This is the main reason why there were no more HOBO's thrown at Planet-Zero. At HOBO 11 --> http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6080360&postcount=14228 --> John was trying to put his hand into the players pot, Saying that he wanted to take a percentage out of the pot for unknown reasons. I remember Dugfinn telling them NO. That money is for the PLAYERS ONLY! This is what you call GREEDY! Back to Funplex...

Shoutouts to King Mosiquito and his crew he came with and everyone I seen yesterday! Future Whobos will be at FUNPLEX!!!
I usually dont make posts like this on the forums but this airbrushking's post was too much to pass up. This guy lives in a different world from the rest of us.

First, I want to thank the entire community for coming out to Planet Zero. It was along day for those of us that were there all day but fun nevertheless. Congrats to the winners.
This was the first HOBO tournament at the new Planet Zero location and we tried to make the best of everything, I think we all did a pretty good job.

So, a week ago, a couple of this community members asked me if we could hold this tournament without the presence of airbrushking. I said ok. I asked him about 5 days ago, to please not show up at Planet Zero on Saturday, in plain english. He understood me.

Xero, Dugfinn, and most of the peeps involved in the tournament knew and understood what was going on. So on the morning of the tournament, guess what? He shows up.
I asked him "Which part of do not show up today did u not get?" He tried to cause a scene.

My exact words were: "Why are you making my job more difficult? I asked you not to show up today 4 days ago and you still come. This isnt my house, its a business. This isnt personal. Please leave and stop making my customers uncomfortable"

So he goes out and stands in front of my building and tried to talk to everyone coming in.

I go up to him again and say "D'angelo, I asked you nicely to leave my property, you cannot be here. I am not saying never come to PZ, just dont come TODAY. Come back tomorrow", at which he replied "call the cops".
I was not about to have problems with this guy when we were about to start an 80 man tournament that would span several hours. So the cops came and kicked him out. This did not have to be this complicated.

About the lock in, myself and Dugfinn talked about this and we tried to come up with ways to make it work (we have never done a lock in at PZ before). Coming up with a great solution in less than 3 weeks was pretty challenging. If everyone wants to be involved in the planning process, I do not mind posting all our ideas on here. We are working on somethign where all the games would be on freeplay all night for the lock-in. So the players can play other games while waiting on thier turn in the smash tournament.
The other huge set back, this weekend was AnimeFEST in Dallas. My entire staff besides kensou, and Dugfinn's entire staff were over there for the weekend. My thoughts were to plan this some more for next time.

Planet Zero is considered over Funplex for many reasons by the organizers (like Funplex wont let people leave the room for the duration of the lock-in, there has to be a minumim number of people, you must buy thier food, venue fee of $20 per person).
Whereas Planet Zero will let people leave if they choose to, work out a deal with Jack in the box to stay open all night for the players, leave all the games on freeplay all night, possibly work out a deal where we can charge $25 per head for venue fee but $20 for those signed up for the big tournament at Anime Matsuri.
I personally do not mind if HOBO is hosted at PZ or at Funplex. Either way I support this community and I'll still see everyone at the the big tournament (with the $1000 bonus cash pot)at Anime Matsuri. I hope so at least :)

This is not the first time Airbrushking has tried to cause drama between Planet Zero and the smash community (Last time, it got him banned from PZ and Anime Matsuri). Afterwards, He came to apologize to us in person and we gave him another chance. Now he's giving it another shot with his idiotic post and slanders. I wish him the best of luck with that.

If anyone has any questions, comments or suggestions, feel free to contact me

John@Planet Zero

Ok i guess i wasnt clear on some things YET AGAIN!

First off, PZ! THANK YOU for allowing us to come back and hold another event at your venue. There were some problems but it wasnt due to YOU. This smash event was thrown at you very very late so you didnt have enough tim to prepare for it(thats my fault). Not to mention, i pick one heck of a bad time to ask you to hold brawl event......half your staff was gone doing the anime thingy(again my fault). Yes it was cramped, but to be fair, we have been in much were so being cramped wasnt all that bad. I LOVED the event and i have no regrets. Its just next time i will ask you much earlier on because you and that other dude were trying to run you business AND take care of the smashers....thats tough to do.

About the lock-in: I CALLED IT OFF and got Dugfin to tell PZ!!!!!!!!!

Again this had to do with the timing of all of this. It was TOO SHORT of a notice(yet again, this is my fault). At first, PZ said they could do it(which is great) but then i learned they would need to get staff taken away from the dallas anime thing to be able to do the lock-in and that didnt sit right with me because.......

What if they bring in staff for the lockin and only 7-9 people stay? I would feel horrible for having staff taken away from a convention for only 9 players.

Since i didnt have ANY confirmed players for the lock-in i called it off. Yea i could have told PZ "since we cant do the lock-in and the timing was bad, lets call of the event" but i didnt. Dugfinn and PZ already said hobo18 CAN be at PZ(with or without lockin) so im not gonna back on out of it.

About the De Angelo ordeal. PZ simply ask De angelo to stay away for ONE day because of PAST events. Weth PZ or De Angelo was in the right or wrong, its the way it was so roll with it and leave it be. The cops issue was dumb because had De angelo left when he was asked to that WHOLE shabang would NOT have happened the way it did(and de angelo im not siding against you, im simply tellin the easiest way to solve that situation). John owns PZ(or runs it) his rules are the law, just follow it. I do, the players do, just do it.

LONG STORY SHORT! HOBO 18 was a great event that players will remember. it was a trip down memory lane for MANY of us and it was a fresh new expericnce for others. The players had fun, and 95% of us would want to come back. THANKS AGAIN for the chance to hold another HOBO at PZ!

When we do it again i WILL make sure its in ADVANCE so i dont put you on the spot like that again.

SHOUT OUTS in my next post, sorry guys!

iLight

Smash Lord
Whatever, i really dont what to do. Ugh...i need to play melee for a perk up

Well on a pre shoutout notice

Snake Eater got 17th...****ing pro. Hopefully she eats Razer soon.
i'll stay at your house and play melee with you till 4am if you want to again =]

and holy crap she did as good as I did!! i'm scared... i think i need metaknight to win vs her

Top Bottom