• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 18: R.I.P metaknight=Meta banned(Full results up!!!!! Pics/vids coming soon!!)

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I just got back from Hobo18.. early...

65: Dina
65: JS
65: CXC
65: Chicken Tenders
HOLY **** I DIDN'T COME IN LAST?! HAHAHAH HAHAHAH-oh wait, wut? :lick: :lick: Loooool :lick: J/K ;) :p omg imma gonna get mai *** thrown out of both backrooms :urg:

Yeah... I was the girl in the skirt... with the Jigglypuff shirt that was me, lol. This was my first tourney, and first time doing offline against human opponents. If anyone of you ate any M&M cookies, I baked those from scratch. :) If anyone of you said hi to me or played me, please send me a friend invite or leave a comment on my profile here so I will know who I met , who you are and I can keep contact with you. :)

First of all, I just want to give major props to everyone who plays successfully here. It was so loud, hot, and crowded in there it's amazing anyone can concentrate. To me the true challenge was not getting use to offline, but adapting to the atmosphere. D: I am so spoiled and use to playing in the dead silence of my room in a nice air conditioned house, so this was the biggest difference and challenge. I was having a lot of fun, I enjoyed meeting people who I've met on Smashboards however the noise and atmosphere was too much for me and I had to leave real early. Hell, even if I wasn't eliminated and I was still in the tourney I'm 95% sure I still would of left because the noise and stimulation was simply too much for me. =/ I'm very sensitive to noise and I had a migrane by the time I left and had to take medicine as soon as I got home. :( I really wanted to stay and hang out with you guys but it was making me sick. :(

Now- about the games:

I love offline. I have a lot to learn about it but I was always able to space my b-airs with my Kirby and no input lag is truly a wonderful godsend. Also I was even able to use u-tilt even better than online!:)

This was a little hard for me for my first offline tourny, as I got up against a Lucario and ZSS, both who have an advantage on Kirby. I wish I would of been put up against better match ups that were even, but what are you going to do?
I'm going Meta knight when I move lolololol problem solved
Lawl.

-- Shout outs (I don't remember everyone's name srry )--

Friendlies-

Toon Link/ Jigglypuff guy-

**** I really need to learn how to deal with Toon Link's camping. With all the noise it's hard to concentrate, keep track and avoid all dat **** lol. Your Toon Link is nice. I had fun fighting your Jigglypuff, props for using her.

Hylian-

You're such a sweet person, thanks for inviting me to play. However, no matter how sweet you are it won't save you from going to hell for chain grabbing my Kirby with your ICs on my very first offline match in my entire life. You better go to confession or sumthing cuz you'll go straight to Smash hell for that ****. :p Hahaha im just messing. You're amazing. And Snake is a ***!!!!! :mad:

Tourny:

VS. Lucario guy who fought me

Dude, I had so much fun here. You were real cool and fun to play. Our battles were very lulzy and I really enjoyed them a lot.

Vs. ZSS guy

I'm glad you liked my cookies, but ****it if I knew I was going to fight you AND you were going to use ZSS I totally would of gave you the cookie that I drugged :lick: (Lmao I'm kidding. All my cookies are legit obsly ;) )It was funny, when I saw you pick Samus I was like "yay! Good matchup!" then when the game started and I saw ZSS I thought "Aw hell no imma gonna get *****!" loooooool. Yeah i knew my Kirby was screwed against your ZSS, so I went Jiggz for the lulz next round. She truly is a different character offline, and not for the better lol. Not enough range, and too slow.

Other shout outs:

Kate-It was nice meeting you. It's so great to know there are other females who play this game. I was so happy when you beat that Kirby with my counterpick suggestion.:) But ****, now I am a Kirby traitor lmao! :urg: But yeah rainbow cruise is a great Kirby stage, I don't know why you didn't ban it lol.

PhantomX- ............. you probly think im so dum for not recognizing you initially. -_- I didn't see you wave and I didn't hear you say hi because it was so ****ing loud in there. You looked... a little different honestly. Not too different, but different enough. You know Hylian looked a little different too... I only identified him thanks to his hat- (and the huge tip-off was his "adapt" tag with ICs). I'm just really bad with that sort of thing. :( It came across to my mind it was possibly you... but I wanted to make sure it was before I give a Wario plushie to the wrong guy. =/ I don't know why we didn't friendly.... =/ You just seemed.. so occupied throughout the whole time.... :(

Xyro- Nice meeting you, and I apologize for not telling you I was leaving early but you were soooo busy, lol. Thanks for looking out for me. :) Sucks we didn't friendly tho, lol.

KRDSonic- It was nice to meet you, I know you wanted to friendly me but there didn't seem to be any time. :(

tl;dr

I had fun... but the noise and to a lesser extent heat was too much. :urg:

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
HOBO was fun besides the ****ty drama with my parents. Shoutouts whenever results up.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
FULL RESULTS ARE UP ON FRONT PAGE

I will add characters when i wake up

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dang I was right Lee and Dphat would win doubles.

Singles shocked me a bit.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
1: Ultimate Razer - Grats, fun playin with you to bro. To bad we didn't talk as much.
5: Zori - Laughing at me when I got 3-stocked by Broly, ******. Good stuff beating Lee Martin.
9: Inui - Your actually pretty cool in person, nice meeting you and good **** in dubz and singles.
9: Broly - OH LAWD. Broly is 2pro, I swear. I'll get my $3 back sometime.
17: BadNewsBear - Pretty cool and chill person, nice meetin you. Knocked me into losers. :(
17: Type X - Another Falco, good stuff. Nice meeting you. :)
25: Xyro - Sorry bout the drama durin HOBO. Thanks for taking me, and good stuff.
25: Ozz - Your mad cooo bro. Was fun hanging/talkin/playing you.
25: Trela - You and Razer killin me in Smoom in teams. Mad gay. But your really cool.
33: RT - WE DIDN'T PLAY DAW.
33: Koala - lolol, my ride back with you and cross, to fun.
33: KuroZero - you suck ****.
33: Smoooooooooooom - Smoooooom. Good stuff, you did well this tournament. But I got the $1 in the MM har har. :)
33: KRD - Good sheeyut going all Wolf. Nice hangin with you as well.
49: Kingdom Come - Champpp. Thinkin I was Smoom, lulz.
49: Furbs - Man, sucks you were sick. Your a pretty cool person, nice D3/Yoshi as well. :)
49: Vorguen - lmao, you were the guy going around fist bumpin. Nice, :D
49: Crosss - Good stufffffff. Thanks for taking me home, but $10 . . :(
65: HeyTallman - We didn't play mannn.
65: Fear - Nice Lucas. Green Greens gayed you.
65: CXC - Decent Marth/ROB, kinda borin playing you, but your pretty cool.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Any melee results?
Oscar and Jake 13 split 1st and 2nd. I wasn't around to see the full results. 17 people entered though, and fair number of brawlers joined up too. We probably could have gotten a few more if we had more than 2 TVs. Thanks to GH Neko for letting us use his.

Inui, as usual, johned hardcore after losing in melee, first complaining about Fox after losing to Fro, then johned he forgot how to play Melee Peach after losing Jake 13.

Either learn the matchup or pick a different character! NO JOHNS.

Lee Martin was too busy playing Brawl and forgot to enter Melee :psycho: until it was well under way. Chances are he would have won anyways.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Shoutouts

1: Ultimate Razer - Fun friendlies. Your Falcon is TRAAAAASH! Jiggs ditto was gay though xD.
5: Fogo - Thanks for the tips on the Wolf vs. D3 matchups. They'll help a lot.
5: Zori - Zori, why are you so good? I don't understand. At least I finally beat you in a match in friendlies, with Wolf. My first time :D Then you two stocked my D3 and Fox xD. Also, very nice job getting 5th.
7: PhantomX - The match between you and that Peach... I can't believe he tripped xD. Poor guy.
13: Bwett - Really fun matches. Most fun I've ever had fighting a D3 with Wolf. It was so close >.< Your Diddy was also fun to fight, too bad you never went Yoshi on me :(
13: FlipHop - Why were you in loser's bracket so early?! I didn't stand a chance against you xD. You beat my mindgames of trying to make you Wolf ditto me. The Wolf ditto friendly was fun though.
17: Light and BadNewsBear - I didn't know what the heck I was doing in our teams match. I just saw ya'll had a Metaknight on your team so I figured our team needed one too so I tried him out... bad idea xD. I don't know how to use him. I shoulda stayed D3. Fun matches nonetheless.
25: Xyro - You lost to Smoom. TRAAAAAAAAAAAASH! Looks like both of us need to get used to fighting D3s since we seem to fight them a lot lately.
25: Trela - Are you a walking Fox counter? I did ok against you in friendlies with my Wolf, but when I was Fox... it was horrible x.x I didn't even know Lucario could Uthrow chain grab Fox.
33: Esca - We didn't really get to play much of friendlies, but thanks for the Diddy practice.
33: KuroZero - We're 1-1 on IC vs. Snake. I'ma change that :)
33: Smoooooooooooom - Dude, your Ice Climbers got a LOT better. You were doing stuff with them that I didn't even know about. Nice job beating Xyro on Rainbow Cruise, too. The Wolf vs. IC money match was fun though. Nana is so fun to hit around :D
49: Kingdom Come - We should team up again next HOBO. Funny that we did so much better when I told you to stay MK xD. Too bad I forgot Castle Seige existed, otherwise I would've said that stage for our counterpick in our last match :(
49: Furbs - Two D3s on opposite sides in teams is so gay >.< Just chain grabs back and forth xD. Why did you change to Yoshi on Castle Seige?
65: HeyTallman - The random button seems to hate you :/ It gave you Fox twice, same color and everything. I swear the random button is rigged though, because right after that I fought someone on that wii and used the random button and I ended up as that same color Fox too.
65: Dina - Nice to get to meet you in person. Sorry about how the tournament played out for you. You were so nice though.
65: JS - You had to fight an Olimar first round, that must suck D: It's ok though, your DK is still ****.
Duggfin - Thanks for giving me your sensor bar, I don't know who took mine from my Wii, hopefully it was there at the end of the tourny so you could have it so nothing would be lost.

Edit: To Tallman and Smoom, I'll let you both know those dollars frmo the money match will go to a good cause. I gotta get money to eat popcorn chicken at school from somewhere :)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui lost in teams... Don't worry though, he's got johns :)
Yeah, I'm totally upset about winning low tier doubles and getting second to two amazing players in normal doubles. :laugh:

1st in low tier doubles and 2nd in regular doubles, I don't think he has anything to be ashamed of :)
qft

Inui, as usual, johned hardcore after losing in melee, first complaining about Fox after losing to Fro, then johned he forgot how to play Melee Peach after losing Jake 13.

Either learn the matchup or pick a different character! NO JOHNS.
lolololol

My bad for losing to Melee players when I haven't touched the game in two weeks and was playing Brawl the whole time and thus had 0 warm-up time. My first Melee match of the day and my ONLY Melee matches the whole day were tournament matches. :laugh:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, I'm totally upset about winning low tier doubles and getting second to two amazing players in normal doubles. :laugh:
Well, duh. I mean, Jumpman's totally ragging on you over it. Clearly that means that he does better than top 2 aallllll daaayy. 0th place, respect it!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
My sarcasm yomi is too strong for you to realize the true target of my post. : j

Nike.

Smash Hero
My bad for losing to Melee players when I haven't touched the game in two weeks and was playing Brawl the whole time and thus had 0 warm-up time. My first Melee match of the day and my ONLY Melee matches the whole day were tournament matches. :laugh:
That went the same for most of the ppl that go to HOBO's. Its Xyros fault for that though. I thought you supposed to be good at the game.

Trela

Smash Lord
wooooooooooo! Good job Trela and Lee!

I would like to point this out to everyone:

I did HORRIBLE at this Tournament!

First I lost to some DDD named JUJ, which is the reason I placed 25th in Singles. Then I screwed up my sets with Razer against Gnes+PhantomX and Cy+Esca, which made us get 7th. I didnt do any MMs or friendlies with people because I KNEW I was gonna lose. I was off my game the WHOLE day. Ozz 3-stocked me and Cy just destroyed me...

/trelajohns

I'll hopefully do shoutoutz later, but Razer, I'm sorry about teams. I know you wanted to get some cash for December.

=Trela=

Inui

Banned via Warnings
That went the same for most of the ppl that go to HOBO's. Its Xyros fault for that though. I thought you supposed to be good at the game.
When I'm warmed up, sure. When I'm playing Brawl all day and have to fight MELEE EXCLUSIVE players, nah, lmao...

Esca

Smash Champion
Trela, don't sweat it. You and Razer were pulling the same weight. You guys did okay.

I'll do shoutouts later.

What? Some no names got 3rd in teams? Look out Texas.

And Inui, good **** dude. You pulled through man. Pretty cool in person.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Well, first of all, I was probably more awkward than usual because the whole time I had a 104 fever. Xyro kept asking me if I was ok, and I kept saying I was fine because I didn't want him to worry, haha.

1: Ultimate Razer: We didn't do our money match! D:
3: Lee Martin: I loled how Xyro left after the first match that we lost against your team.
13: FlipHop: Those matches we played, I wasn't like responding because I was like half-unconscious. But Ganon dittos is the lulz. And no johns from me.
17: Kates: Awesome ZSS, I plan on beating you next time!
25: Xyro: Good games in singles...how'd I win?!
25: Cyphus: The games at my house were fun :D.
33: Esca: Didn't get to do our MM :(.
33: KuroZero: In our MM, I 2-stocked you, then you 2-stocked me. After the first match I was like, "I'm gonna win no problem".
33: Smoooooooooooom: Who put my name like this? lololol
33: KRD: What do you mean I did stuff you've never seen before? And nice Wolf as always... D:.
49: Greyfox: Next time we're gonna team as The Foxxy Smooms!
49: Kingdom Come: That last match, I think you cheated...loljk. But I have a weak spot for you TL, well, for all TLs.
49: Yosh: Nice Yoshi! On Japes you like tried to uair me like 10 times, xD.
49: Vorguen: We never played our MM. I'll make to next time.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Hmm... I don't know the names of any of the people I played in Melee. All I know is that apparently Zelda is TERRIBLE in Melee. I got 2 stocked and then 4 stocked by a Fox :( Then 1 stocked by a Falcon, then 2 stocked his Fox, then got 3 stocked by his Falcon.

I'm surprised I forgot about Melee since my Zelda was getting waveshined everywhere by both people I played. I had more fun in Brawl though, because it has Wolf :D

And now to make something useful out of this post. Smoom, you're going to be the next UltimateRazer.

Edit:
33: KRD: What do you mean I did stuff you've never seen before? And nice Wolf as always... D:.
I didn't know that you could have Nana use charged up smashes while you're hobbling and still grab after it. I was like O.O

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Shoutouts

DugFinn: Words can't describe how incredible you are. Thank you for housing me for almost a week and being so kind the whole time. You and your family have made my experience in Texas incredible. I can't wait until the next time I get to be with you.

Mr. 3000: It was fun playing with you the day I got here, but the Sonic practice didn't help me for the tournament, lol!

Mr. 3000's mom: I can forgive the fangirlism of Obama because you were really nice and got me a salad.

Xyro: Godlike host. I have a few problems with the way you do things, but it's mostly just regional differences. You're the best Samus. Thanks for the help on the side, as well. I feel like I've made a good friend in you.

Broly: Very good Marth... It's amazing how you are good when you have a disadvantage. Your Marth is quick and smart.

PhantomX: I wish I had MK, lol... Our set would have been way less gay. You for me in singles, but I did better in the event we both love more hahahaha!

Lee Martin: You cost me so much money! Argh! You were obviously the best player there overall by a big amount, so good stuff. I was one hit from taking you out, and I don't plan on losing next time.

Dphat: Very fun person as usual, very good in doubles as usual. UTD Zac will find a way to deal with you eventually...

UTD Zac: Thanks for teaming with me. I've never teamed with a Game and Watch before and seeing an aggressive one was even stranger. You are definitely second only to Mew2King in doubles. You will find a way to take out Dphat.

Hyro: Very solid Toon Link. You gave me a good scare in game one of our MM, but you kinda fell apart in game two.

Jerm: Snake, Snake, Snaaaaaaake! Ban Snake! I totally rode that gay character to beat you and Broly lolololololol.

Everyone else: GGs, nice seeing the not-stupid-little-kids of Texas, ban Snake, Fox in Melee is broken, DugFinn is the most awesome person ever, MK makes Brawl fun, I should have forced Atomsk to come because he would have ***** this event, etc. :)

And Inui, good **** dude. You pulled through man. Pretty cool in person.
I am...caught off guard...

Gea

Smash Master
lol No johns over Melee. I play less frequently than that and our matches Doc v Sheik were too close considering I am some "random brawl head" who was never close to Texas' finest nor Melee exclusive.

I also got 0 warmup with Doc and almost went Fox on you (my Fox is arguably better) but I decided to see how Doc went. I used to never goto tournies and don't have the great MLG practice you do. I never got to play many "pros" in Melee, though I met a good many.

You got beat by good players. No johns. In fact, I think you received a card that said just that. You gotta learn to have fun, bro.

PS Shoutouts later.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lol No johns over Melee. I play less frequently than that and our matches Doc v Sheik were too close considering I am some "random brawl head" who was never close to Texas' finest nor Melee exclusive.

I also got 0 warmup with Doc and almost went Fox on you (my Fox is arguably better) but I decided to see how Doc went. I used to never goto tournies and don't have the great MLG practice you do. I never got to play many "pros" in Melee, though I met a good many.

You got beat by good players. No johns. In fact, I think you received a card that said just that. You gotta learn to have fun, bro.

PS Shoutouts later.
Dr. Mario is laughably easy to use.

I SDed like crazy in our set, lmao.

When players are not warmed up, the better one is hurt more. Does that need to be explained?

Gea

Smash Master
Dr. Mario is laughably easy to use.

I SDed like crazy in our set, lmao.

When players are not warmed up, the better one is hurt more. Does that need to be explained?
Sheik is laughably easy to use.

I SDed like crazy in our set.

Remember that card Jake gave you? Read it again.

how come royr only joined low tier doubles?
He got there really late. Prolly had work.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Just talked to Xyro and he told me to post this in this section so the whole "WORLD" can see what Planet-Zero is all about! Good seeing all the new/old players from yesterday. Im going to let everyone know what went on behind the scenes.

Venue/Planet-Zero/Owner/John/Bald Headed Guy: Im going to be REAL! Xyro wanted to go back to planet-zero ONLY to test out the lock-in John promised. Now, these were the PROMISES/LIES that were said from John. LIE #1 The room next door was were the brawl tournament/lock-in was supposed to be held. He told xyro that he would clear out the arcades and that would be the space everyone would have to run the tournament. PROMISE BROKEN! He stuck all the players in this small so called cafe that only his staff members use. LIE #2 Lock-in John says that there was a convention going on so most of his staff was out there so the lock in was cancelled. Remind you 2 weeks later after the promotion had been on smash boards for over a month! Funplex would NEVER EVER DO THIS! This was a setup to lock in a HOBO so that way he can make his venue $$$ and try to force as many brawl players to buying his 2$ Drinks. PROMISE BROKEN!

So that all of the brawl players know, this guy doesnt have anything left but the brawl community. He has SCAMMED and not PAID so many of his players thats why they cant post any of there tournament on Shoryuken.com. Mr. Wizard the owner said, Planet-Zero is not allowed to post any of there tournaments until all players from all states are paid there money.-->http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=163933

Xryo said this will be the last draw from dealing with Planet-Zero. They dont care about the community. All they care about is Venue fees and $$$. There business is doing so bad that they changed there policy from puting 1$ on your card to a 5$ minimum. Thats a sign of your business is FAILING!

Police: John called the police on me yesterday and told the police I was harrassing brawl players 2wice. How is this possible when I talk to everyone every month at funplex and NEVER had a problem with anyone. John did this because he wanted me to run my Test Your Skills Series there and I said HELL NOOOO! Xyro asked me 6 times. Can you run it, It will be cool. I said No. I do not want to be affilated with people who SCAM there players. John figured if I BANNED him for (((1 day ONLY))) is what he told the cops then he would get back at me. WOW. King Mosiquito and his friends told the 1st cop we were just having a chat and the cop was like this is a waste of my time. Im going to do my rounds. Have a Great Labor day weekend. 2nd time was Johns Cop friends. The cop said that he would arrest me and I was like for what! King Mosiquito said that I havent bothered anyone up here. Then looks and me and him and is like "I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO" lol Long story short. Johns plan never WORKED!

1 last important thing! This is the main reason why there were no more HOBO's thrown at Planet-Zero. At HOBO 11 --> http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6080360&postcount=14228 --> John was trying to put his hand into the players pot, Saying that he wanted to take a percentage out of the pot for unknown reasons. I remember Dugfinn telling them NO. That money is for the PLAYERS ONLY! This is what you call GREEDY! Back to Funplex...

Shoutouts to King Mosiquito and his crew he came with and everyone I seen yesterday! Future Whobos will be at FUNPLEX!!!

Top Bottom