• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

H2YL Presents: Critical Hit 4 - Sykesville, MD - Set 6-7, 08 - Guaranteed $5000 Pot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
The venue is still offering housing, right? Say I bring a TV and a Wii. Is it still $35 to enter singles and $5 to stay the night, or since you changed the entry fee, would it be $8 to sleep there?

I wasn't worried about staying at the venue until recently, as Chu's house is too far from the store to make staying there cost-efficient, which I did not know until last night. If anyone who lives relatively close to the venue (I'd say less than 20 miles) is offering housing, let me know. If not then we'll stay in the venue.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I think tripping should be on myself, correct me if i'm wrong, but tripping affects the <B>game</B> and not the <B>meta game</B>. I don't go into a Dedede battle expecting Dedede to trip when he CG's me, I assume they are not going to trip at all and if they do it is a perk.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
tripping should not be on because it wont be the standard. until it is a widely accepted tourney standard, it should not be allowed. and its complex enough that it will never become a tourney standard. many such as myself can do the hack easily, but you still need an sd card for every wii and the time to install it.

i used to think it should then just be on in finals, which iv come to now think is unfair because it wasnt used the rest of the tourney.

javi - your coming from scranton right? incase me and m2ks ride doesnt come through (im just trying to cover all options lol), can you pick us up in philly? we'll help split gas.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
The venue is still offering housing, right? Say I bring a TV and a Wii. Is it still $35 to enter singles and $5 to stay the night, or since you changed the entry fee, would it be $8 to sleep there?

I wasn't worried about staying at the venue until recently, as Chu's house is too far from the store to make staying there cost-efficient, which I did not know until last night. If anyone who lives relatively close to the venue (I'd say less than 20 miles) is offering housing, let me know. If not then we'll stay in the venue.

I was thinking that too then i thought...shower...ya Chu > venue if venue doesnt have a place where I can change clothes XD

Chibo - I know you try to offer your opinion but you REALLY come off strong. I do not like tripping either but let that be discussed in SBR for a while and when it is feasible or can be as easy as using a memory card then it can be considered for tournament play. As of now just let it be XD.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I was thinking that too then i thought...shower...ya Chu > venue if venue doesnt have a place where I can change clothes XD
F*** that, I'll just change my clothes in my farkin' sleeping bag. The shower thing is kinda a problem though, yes, but as long as I take one Saturday morning then I'm fine without one until I get back, I guess. It kinda sucks and is a bit unclean, but I'd rather miss out on a shower than drive 75 miles to Chu's. :/

Niko_K

Smash Master
I only think no tripping should be used once theres a round where each match could be no tripping. Just for fairness. I don't think it would be fair to have half the matches with no tripping. I know I would sure as hell want to use a no tripping wii over a tripping one. Though that could cause hectic slow downs and confusion.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Stop trying to change the game, tripping is in it

(DDD/Falco tripping on their cg = amazing)

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
wow.... you see this is why I really cant stand this community. Everyone agrees that "tripping" was the STUPIDEST thing they could've ever added to this game. and all the Melee fans/Brawl Haters kept saying.... YOU SEE..THIS GAME IS WACK...IT HAS TRIPPING.

We finally found a way to take off tripping. ( I applied it to my wii, and I'll never go back) and now we got sum DUMBA$$ ppl saying that if you take out tripping its going to "SOMEHOW" not work out becuz it goes against the METAGAME??? are you SERIOUS??

Tripping happens randomly. There's no way to predict it, hence there's no way to benefit from it. If you happen to dodge a move when it happens, consider yourself LUCKY (luck doesnt equal skill), if you get hit by a powerful move when you trip, concider yourself F**K3D and then you'll be johning all the way home from VA about how you could've beaten that person if it wasnt for tripping.

ONE DAY.... D.A. will host a tripless brawl. I hope alot of ppl will show.

Program

Smash Apprentice
wow.... you see this is why I really cant stand this community. Everyone agrees that "tripping" was the STUPIDEST thing they could've ever added to this game. and all the Melee fans/Brawl Haters kept saying.... YOU SEE..THIS GAME IS WACK...IT HAS TRIPPING.

We finally found a way to take off tripping. ( I applied it to my wii, and I'll never go back) and now we got sum DUMBA$$ ppl saying that if you take out tripping its going to "SOMEHOW" not work out becuz it goes against the METAGAME??? are you SERIOUS??

Tripping happens randomly. There's no way to predict it, hence there's no way to benefit from it. If you happen to dodge a move when it happens, consider yourself LUCKY (luck doesnt equal skill), if you get hit by a powerful move when you trip, concider yourself F**K3D and then you'll be johning all the way home from VA about how you could've beaten that person if it wasnt for tripping.

Thanks for coming in here and calling us all stupid. We have all developed a metagame around tripping. We have all gotten used to it. Its like people who post nonsensical gibberish, you just gotta get used to it.

forute

Smash Ace

It's not realistic or easy to turn the majority of even just the Wiis used at tournaments into ones without tripping
like neo said just leave the **** game alone

ChaosKnight

Smash Master

this guy WANTS to keep getting chaingrabed by DDD/Falco with his only chance of escaping is tripping xD (but he dosent want it! )

or you jsut havent played enough DDDs or Falcos lmao :laugh:

blues

Smash Journeyman

hmm...maybe?

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
this guy WANTS to keep getting chaingrabed by DDD/Falco with his only chance of escaping is tripping xD (but he dosent want it! )

or you jsut havent played enough DDDs or Falcos lmao :laugh:
i have actually. i pick a character who's better suited for that matchup . I dont start praying to the gods hoping he trips. that's just ********. it is realistic. this is the only thread where i get out numbered by ppl who want tripping in. my god. i dont agree w/ changing anything else in the game, but if the ONE THING can get eliminated from the game..WHY NOT?

TheYoster

Smash Journeyman

Good **** sooner or later all smasher will come to their senses and rid themselves of Sakarai's gayness

TheTantalus

Smash Hero

The code came out last week dude, not everyone has it. The unfairness comes where some people have it and some don't. Tournaments need to be consistent to be legitimate. So thanks for coming in here, and telling us we're all dumb ***** because not everyone has the hack already. We really appreciate your time.

Program

Smash Apprentice
i have actually. i pick a character who's better suited for that matchup . I dont start praying to the gods hoping he trips. that's just ********. it is realistic. this is the only thread where i get out numbered by ppl who want tripping in. my god. i dont agree w/ changing anything else in the game, but if the ONE THING can get eliminated from the game..WHY NOT?
listen to yourself, Its extemely impractical to have everyone who wants to play competitive smash have this hack. Use your skull.

hova

Smash Champion
yeah, the only problem with non tripping patch is that not everyone has it.

if it was something easy to just download for everyone than i'd be all for it. but i'd hate to see a lot of wiis have the patch and then you find out that the wii you're playing on still has tripping mid match is kinda lame

so if u can come down and rig every wii in the venue to have no tripping than i'd be all for it

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
The code came out last week dude, not everyone has it. The unfairness comes where some people have it and some don't. Tournaments need to be consistent to be legitimate. So thanks for coming in here, and telling us we're all dumb ***** because not everyone has the hack already. We really appreciate your time.
whoa relax. i never expected this tournament to be ran tripless already. im well aware of when the hack came out. But i hope that maybe in 6 months everyone by then has the hack installed in their wii's if they really beleive that tripping is GAY. so you can stop being a hero right there, im directing this towards the ppl that want to leave tripping in no matter what.

and its not impractical to apply that to tournament wii's. I already installed homebrew and ocarina and turned off tripping on 2 of my friends wii's. its a simple process that cant take more than 15 min. if you know already what your doing. so i dont think its impractical. to get it done b4 the start of this tournament, that I believe is impractical.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
6 months down the road is perfectly feasible. If SBR thinks that is the way to go, they will implement it and tourneys will provide the hack.

You have to imagine though- nintendo may come up with an update that would corrupt the hack or make it so it patched it. We'll see, but that's quite a ways down the road. This topic is mostly about the here and now.

GL to all the competitors on Sat/Sun btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom