• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

H2YL Presents: Critical Hit 4 - Sykesville, MD - Set 6-7, 08 - Guaranteed $5000 Pot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yo Travis, with 40$ per person for singles entry, will that pay out enough to exceed 5000$? The guy is putting out 5000$ for the tournament, and if he doesn't see it back and profit, we might not see another critical hit.
It's supply and demand my friend. The $5000 is set, so now the goal is to attract as many people as possible to make money. A lot of people aren't willing to spend $65 on this tourney, and the $40 for just singles will attract some people that wouldn't have come otherwise (such as the guy above me). That's $40 pure profit at this point. We need as many people like this as possible for the venue to make its money back.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yo so i have some info

if you just want to enter singles, its 40 dollars.

if you bring a wii, or a tv, its 5 dollars off. only 5 dollars off per person. first come first serve, until we have 30 setups.
money off? il bring my wii then. HOWEVER
i normally bring my wii to events (i brought it to ch3 also) but havent lately due to the worry of having it stolen. id be completely ****ed if i got it stolen. is there anything you can do to have it further protected in some sorts? a locking down mechanism? atleast in an area where a camera is watching it? maybe even a promise of compensation if the unthinkable does happen? my wii stands out a lot compared to others as i have a black skin on it which makes it the only black wii at any tourney lol. of course i always do my part and keep an eye on it as much as possible throughout the whole tourney, but still...

i dont mean to sound paranoid, but yea....

hova

Smash Champion
-g-reg
im not complaining about the entry fee, i just think a lot of people will show up and not even enter. i mean, boss even said himself that hes currently broke as hell and posts the most in the thread. youd need like 80 entrants just to cover the pot, and i imagine that most noobs in our area arent even coming, plus there isnt as much OOS interest as initially thought. im not talking down on the tourney or anything, im just giving you guys a heads up.

if you guys need any help running **** you know im always here.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Take a bus to Baltimore, then take the subway to the Owings Mills station, and I can pick you up from there.
idk if this was for me or drk pch lol, but if i have to i might take advantage of it also.
i found a bus from philly to baltimore that drops me off here http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...TF-8&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title
its actually in front of the cemetery a couple blocks to the right from that placemarker thing.

where is the subway from that location that i would take to owning mills?

i really dont wanna take public trans, its like more than twice the cost of splitting gas with someone lol

btw, dsf isnt coming, so as of now its only me and m2k leaving from philly who need a ride. maybe another one if theres room in the car?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
idk if this was for me or drk pch lol, but if i have to i might take advantage of it also.
i found a bus from philly to baltimore that drops me off here http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...TF-8&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title
its actually in front of the cemetery a couple blocks to the right from that placemarker thing.

where is the subway from that location that i would take to owning mills?

i really dont wanna take public trans, its like more than twice the cost of splitting gas with someone lol

btw, dsf isnt coming, so as of now its only me and m2k leaving from philly who need a ride. maybe another one if theres room in the car?
It was directed at you, or anyone who wanted to take advantage of it.

I have no idea where that is, and no idea where any of the subway stops are. I've never taken the metro before. I just know that Owings Mills is the westernmost subway stop, and the closest to my house. Go here to find all the info you need: http://www.mtamaryland.com/services/subway/

I have room for 5 total in my car (6 if we squeeze), and actually, if you could somehow coordinate with DarkPch so you arrive at the same time that would make my life a lot easier. If you're coming on different days then don't worry about it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The MW wants to come... but none of us really have working cars. >_>

If greyhounds weren't so expensive I'd be there for sure :(

Linguini

Smash Master
It's looking like a hurricane is gonna hit florida the day I leave to maryland so I might not be able to make it due to my flight being canceled.
Ill see how his pans out.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
its over a 3 mile walk to get to the subway station from the bus drop off -_- dunno if that can happen

but i got another possible ride opportunity which i think it will work

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hey Everybody coming from out of town

I'm like 10 min. from JCeaser, I still live at home with my folks so I can't really house anyone, but I can definitely get someone from the metro in owings mills. JCeaser is 100% correct on that, just find the metro station in downtown baltimore (your bus should go there, or you can take a city bus there), and then take the metro back to owings mills. Going into the city sometimes can be a pain.

Chibo Sempai- if you get to the city, the local city bus service/taxi service can get you to the metro. That's a lot of different public transportations

At the same time, JCeaser, if you need help picking people up call me/IM me/Smashboard me and I can take my car and follow you there and get people.

Also Travis- count my wii in, and I'll be there early to set it up and help get everything ready if you want it. I'm free friday night so I can get people then (i presume that's when they'll be getting in) Travis if you're interested in security, I can personally install a DVR for the venue with some cameras, I work for a computer company. If they are interested, let me know.

If anyone comes to baltimore and is a lost, confused, or needs help, PM me now and I'll give you my phone number, you can call me I know the main roads of the city pretty well and I can help you out if you need it. I can't house anyone though, unfortunately, not my house.

Or better yet, I think there are bus stops in Frederick, MD, if your bus route could go that way. I could get people coming in that way as well and bring you into town friday. Frederick is an easier drive than Baltimore and easier to navigate.

Oh and about the pot, if you do the math, the 5000 pot is based on the turnout of last time. Assuming we don't grow, the entry fee will cover the 5000 pot. Take this hypothetical situation- 150 people enter, only 100 of them play teams. $65 for the 100, and $40 for the the other 50 singles. Now assume every single person brought a wii, and got 5 bucks off (not gonna happen). Then take out 10 for the venue fee for all entrants. That's still a profit, if you do the math. And that's shooting low.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
if i must resort to public trans, a taxi to the metro station isnt a bad idea. il let everyone know what im doing by thursday, but i think i got a ride lined up, thankfully lol

chinesahh

Smash Lord
yeah, guys bring wiis. the tantalus can ensure that nothing gets stolen

and chu fux you

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Good **** Chibo. So that's 1 more for housing then?

Thanks for offering to help out Tant, it's much appreciated. Anyone you pick up is welcome to stay at my place. You're also welcome to hang out with us of course.

Edit: Vik are you staying at my place Friday night?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
JC i will probably take you up on that offer to hang, just fill me in on who you need picked up. I actually come home from work on 795- If people were coming into town between 5-6 I could pick them up on my way home at the metro station.

Program

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, Me and Tyrant are leaving Saturday morning from annapolis, Im willing to pick up anyone who lives relatively between Annap and Sykesville, Just hook me up. BTW ill ask ty if he wants to bring his Wii

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
if my ride comes through, itl most likely be a car full of 5 ppl leaving sat morn (so we dont need housing fri night), and im assuming we would leave sunday night? idk, more details coming soon

ChuDat

Smash Master
I have already exceeded my maximum amount of people that need housing (8). For anyone else that would need it for last minute housing, it's going to be 10$ per night.

Thank you, it was nice doing business with people =)

ah yes, one more thing.. BRING YOUR SLEEPING BAGS! Blanket and pillow of some sorts is cool too.

If you don't know that u are on the list of people that I am housing, here it is:
Atomsk car (3 people)
thedoom car (3 people)
lightxdream and girlfriend

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
yeah i don't think there's a problem with the no-tripping wii's. lol raft, how the **** does it affect the metagame?
A running cg-ing Falco won't have the chance to trip anymore. A CG-ing DDD won't have the chance to trip anymore. People who dashdance alot with their no tripping Wii's will have to stop doing it as much.

I left tripping on my Wii so I don't f-ed up by it when I enter tournaments.

BladeWise

Smash Lord
no tripping..... sounds so wonderful, lol.

I wish we had more Wii's with Ocarina in WA.
Oh well, I'll still lose to DSF this weekend with or without tripping. =P

Niko_K

Smash Master
I don't think no tripping wii's should be put in place until later on in the tournament, obviously because if not every match has the option then it could alter the results of the match. Where as if they played on one of the modded setups they may have won.

I would say if we have enough wii's to cover semi finals and on, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom