• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

H2YL Presents: Critical Hit 4 - Sykesville, MD - Set 6-7, 08 - Guaranteed $5000 Pot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Also the owner was prob. hype about it too based off what he saw at CH3, he didn't only make that decision based on us/Chinesah. Also yeah hold a Melee tourney, I'll be there.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
That payout thing is pretty crap. Lots of people spent a good deal of money to get there and... well win it back and make a wad extra. Not sure how much M2K and Azen spent to get there but if it woulda bin somebody traveling far who won that woulda sucked major... Still wish I coudla gone to this to support Canada but first week of college and I'm broke:p

Looks like Canada repped reptty well though so that's good.

Ha ha, guarenteed pot my ***:laugh:

Lobos

Smash Master
LOL @ brawl dying thumbs wtf you smoking, have you notice that melee isn't getting much attendance either...at least in md/va

Also it is funny that people that didn't show are complaining especially knowing that they wouldn't have made any money anyways. Like g-reg said only those that place and win money should have been pissed but thats the risk you take.

**** can't wait for SF4....

Snakeee

Smash Master
Meh I had a lot of fun at this tourney despite the low attendance, but I do feel bad about what happened with the money.
Btw Lobos great match I was really surprised at how you play Toon Link, it's a lot different than others I've played.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
there should be no risk for those that are good enough to win, so why should the players pay the price. This is worse than what happened at FAST1 (before Frames said anything in his last post).

Like seriously, I lost almost 1,200 dollars to what was "promised" at this tourney, I'm obviously going to be really mad, that's a lot of money.

And for the given attendance, I should have had at least 2 or 3 times more than this, same with Azen.

Lobos

Smash Master
Meh I had a lot of fun at this tourney despite the low attendance, but I do feel bad about what happened with the money.
Btw Lobos great match I was really surprised at how you play Toon Link, it's a lot different than others I've played.
Yeah dude thats the first time I played a good zzs so I didn't know how to go about it. Good set.... lol at the surprised look on your face after the first match.
Tourney was fun regardless of the turnout, always a pleasure to meet/play new players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom