• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Lovage

Smash Hero
early game kog

get all the cs
in exchanges, try to let your support tank first few hitsand you attack with ur giant range
don't use w for cs'ing unless you absolutely need to (save it for exchanges)
use your E correctly to block the easiest escape path so you can land more W shots.
get 6 and burst them down with 4 W's and an 1-2 R's

keep farming the entire game until you have your items and then **** every teamfight with huge range, % health based autos and a team of linebacker bruisers/support that let you fight.

your prime in lane is 5-9 so don't get chunked too much in early levels or you won't win exchanges at 5 or 6 where it matters (where you'll actually get kills)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
LOL he poured the food into the bowl already and he's still too excited to eat it looool

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Does than mean Mogwai would be so excited he'd forget to change his runes, masteries, and buy items that the start of the game?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
God, tonight was a really ****ty night

And then I find out the lag I was getting was Riot servers

At least that last loss was forgiven.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
early game kog

get all the cs
in exchanges, try to let your support tank first few hitsand you attack with ur giant range
don't use w for cs'ing unless you absolutely need to (save it for exchanges)
use your E correctly to block the easiest escape path so you can land more W shots.
get 6 and burst them down with 4 W's and an 1-2 R's

keep farming the entire game until you have your items and then **** every teamfight with huge range, % health based autos and a team of linebacker bruisers/support that let you fight.

your prime in lane is 5-9 so don't get chunked too much in early levels or you won't win exchanges at 5 or 6 where it matters (where you'll actually get kills)
Is on-hit or AD Kog best? And if they are situational, when?

I've only played him a couple times but I was curious.

:phone:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Is on-hit or AD Kog best? And if they are situational, when?

I've only played him a couple times but I was curious.

In terms of raw damage AD Kog is craaaazy.
On hit Kog has more utility from Frozen Mallet, and he will be tankier building items like Madreds and Wit's End.

I would rather be building AD Kog myself, but on hit Kog is better in some situations. It would mostly be for solo purposes, but with a team that can't keep you super safe against initiation, or if you already have a lot of physical damage I could see you wanting on hit Kog. The tankiness could keep you alive to do more damage, and on hit Kog focuses a lot on magic damage between his W, Madreds, Wit's End, and maybe Malady so it would diversify your team's output more.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
amg I forgot that smurfing was fun.

But if you try to jungle, big camps **** YOU UP early on. As Cho, I finished blue buff (started there, not wolves) at about 20hp.
And without flat AD or arpen, just last hitting with a ranged carry is HARD AS HELL.

But when you can win with a team of full AP carry against farmed, full-built Trynd... Lol.

Also, I have a question:
Does Wit's End apply MR stacks when you're blinded? /Ionic spark charge its passive when you're blinded?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I tried out Singed, and he's so fun to play as :D i found my tank character.

Also that full AP team is like hard countered by Trynd, we had to bring our brawl game and camp our base for aces. (which worked for some reason) Game was like 1 hour and 10 minutes long or something.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
So uh... why even play ranked?

First, let me just say that I don't believe "elo hell" exists. Your elo is a measure of your ability to carry games by yourself up to a specific rating. Once you can't consistently carry games anymore, then you are on equal footing with your team mates and opponents and "deserve" that rating. Cool.

But, I do understand why people are so angry about ranked matchmaking, trolls, and the like.

The frustration comes from many games being with idiots that refuse to even try. Many feel that just because they can't carry these people doesn't mean they deserve to play with them.

I have only played one ranked game, and I don't plan on playing again. I went top lane with Riven, where i did pretty well. My bottom lane consisted of a Galio player who did nothing remarkable and a Caitlyn who rushed Tiamat and Boots of Swiftness and had 14 deaths by 20 minutes, all fed to the same Katarina player.

Said Katarina player then went around killing most of my team that was dumb enough to fight her in like 2 hits.

Could I have done something to save the game? Maybe. I'm just not sure it's worth the emotional stress. I'm not pro enough to carry 0/20/2 Tiamat Caitlyn, and that's fine with me. I don't indulge any illusions of my own grandeur... but, to be honest, if I have to carry 10 games like this to get initially placed into an elo bracket where people actually play the game I'll just stick to normal draft where people at least pretend to try to understand what they're playing.

I really can't think of a reason to play ranked. The average actual skill level of 1200 normals is similar, but the understanding of the meta, individual characters, etc. seems to be much better. Ranked as it turns out is kind of a magnet for know-it-alls looking to prove they're good because they own their brother in custom games and fresh 30s who think Akali is overpowered.

Leacero

Smash Lord
So uh... why even play ranked?

First, let me just say that I don't believe "elo hell" exists. Your elo is a measure of your ability to carry games by yourself up to a specific rating. Once you can't consistently carry games anymore, then you are on equal footing with your team mates and opponents and "deserve" that rating. Cool.

But, I do understand why people are so angry about ranked matchmaking, trolls, and the like.

The frustration comes from many games being with idiots that refuse to even try. Many feel that just because they can't carry these people doesn't mean they deserve to play with them.

I have only played one ranked game, and I don't plan on playing again. I went top lane with Riven, where i did pretty well. My bottom lane consisted of a Galio player who did nothing remarkable and a Caitlyn who rushed Tiamat and Boots of Swiftness and had 14 deaths by 20 minutes, all fed to the same Katarina player.

Said Katarina player then went around killing most of my team that was dumb enough to fight her in like 2 hits.

Could I have done something to save the game? Maybe. I'm just not sure it's worth the emotional stress. I'm not pro enough to carry 0/20/2 Tiamat Caitlyn, and that's fine with me. I don't indulge any illusions of my own grandeur... but, to be honest, if I have to carry 10 games like this to get initially placed into an elo bracket where people actually play the game I'll just stick to normal draft where people at least pretend to try to understand what they're playing.

I really can't think of a reason to play ranked. The average actual skill level of 1200 normals is similar, but the understanding of the meta, individual characters, etc. seems to be much better. Ranked as it turns out is kind of a magnet for know-it-alls looking to prove they're good because they own their brother in custom games and fresh 30s who think Akali is overpowered.
Sample size of 1 OP.

Though to be fair I don't like to play ranked either.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'd love to play with Leacero, but you guys always make me go mid vs him

WITH Leacero, WITH. Not "nobody feels like going mid vs him so lets throw Bobby there over and over".

I hate you all

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
What's to comment on besides saying how stupid that guy is?

Vyke

Smash Champion
That and I'm sure there are more than a few redditors here, who have already seen it. Get with the times, DAWG.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
That and I'm sure there are more than a few redditors here, who have already seen it. Get with the times, DAWG.
Redditors are only slightly less bad than bronies.

Trufax.

@SFP: The number of people who didn't duo / abuse the huge ELO gain of pre-rating matches to get to where they are now before stabilizing at post-1600 ratings is pretty low. Duo-queuing is really what breaks the system.

EDIT:
Wow, queue for a ranked game and neither captain has banned a single champion.

This should be interesting.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I don't get how people that get all of their news from one source are comparable to people who are open about their furry fetish.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I don't get how people that get all of their news from one source are comparable to people who are open about their furry fetish.
If you're ignorant of the Reddit community, good. Because redditors as a social group are absolutely abhorrent. They make channers look normal.

EDIT: WTF shyvana being picked early in every game now and its not me? all of them running shyv top? what the flying **** is going on

Top Bottom