• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Pick order dictates everything if you choose so.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
if your last pick calls AP mid in chat before anyone says anything, do they have the right to go AP mid if someone else wants it?
Depending on ELO, it's safer to let them have it than not.
Like...if they're likely to troll/feed on purpose if they don't get their AP Mid, then I'd save yourself the headache and let them have it, unless you can hypercarry from another lane.
-DD

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Although I do sympathize with people who are last and have 1 simple request. They tell you the role they completely suck **** at, and specifically ask not to play it.

D

Deleted member

if some guy beneath wants to play what i want to play i ask them first if i can take the role

80% of the time i end up taking the role but since i asked them most don't end up trolling/raging

if they swear thats the only role they are good at i usually just go alistar support

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So i unlocked Ahri cause she's an assassin mage and I love ranged dps champs.. smart casting skill shots is hard.. still learning the range of her moves and how to maneuver my cursor to aim them..

Anyone got any Ahri pointers they can give me?

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
When using your ultimate you have to be aware of how changing your position effects how your skill shots will fire. You can "buffer" spells as you ult to instant cast them when it ends. However this can be a bit confusing for new Ahri players because it fires it in the direction that you started the smartcast, not from where you end up. Harassing with Q, where they get hit with both parts right at the tip is a crucial skill to learn. It allows you to play with them at max range, which puts you in a safer position, and allows for easier prediction of their movements. Foxfire does prioritize champions, but it rechecks for nearby champions with each bolt. This is why it can sometimes fire one or two at the champion and then the rest at a minion. FoxFire and Charm have full spellvamp(I'm really not sure if her ult does, if you hit one champion I know it does, but sometimes I've seen very high numbers from multiple champs) and Rylais slow effect. Using FoxFire before ulting allows you to be sure that the bolts hit your desired target as they don't fire until after you come out of it.

john!

Smash Hero
all right, i'm almost ready to make you ******s put your money where your mouth is.

level me to 1800 elo and if i'm above 1700 elo after 50 games then you give me 50 bucks. if not then i give you 50 bucks.

come on you elo hell disbelievers.

jesus ****ing christ people are ********.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
all right, i'm almost ready to make you ******s put your money where your mouth is.

level me to 1800 elo and if i'm above 1700 elo after 50 games then you give me 50 bucks. if not then i give you 50 bucks.

Someone do this for me too, except I'll thank you for carrying me and apply for a playtester job at Riot.
-DD

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium

So you are saying, if you have a brain and adjust to the meta at 1800 elo, we should give you $50? How does this disprove/support an elo hell?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
When using your ultimate you have to be aware of how changing your position effects how your skill shots will fire. You can "buffer" spells as you ult to instant cast them when it ends. However this can be a bit confusing for new Ahri players because it fires it in the direction that you started the smartcast, not from where you end up. Harassing with Q, where they get hit with both parts right at the tip is a crucial skill to learn. It allows you to play with them at max range, which puts you in a safer position, and allows for easier prediction of their movements. Foxfire does prioritize champions, but it rechecks for nearby champions with each bolt. This is why it can sometimes fire one or two at the champion and then the rest at a minion. FoxFire and Charm have full spellvamp(I'm really not sure if her ult does, if you hit one champion I know it does, but sometimes I've seen very high numbers from multiple champs) and Rylais slow effect. Using FoxFire before ulting allows you to be sure that the bolts hit your desired target as they don't fire until after you come out of it.
So when buffering, i have to have the direction i want in the middle of it, and after pressing the key, it will go the direction my cursor was in when i pressed it?

Very helpful info thanks.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol, if someone wants to carry me to 18k elo, Id me more that happy to do so. Tbh, I have no idea how good I am. I doubt Im even any good. I know my way around the game and know how everything works and all that, but Im not fantastic. I play for fun, and although I have more wins than losses, I still think Im not too great. Ive been level 30 for a long time now, but never played any ranked cuz I dont want to without a partner to duo with, but at the same tie I dont wanna partner with someone Ill hold back or anything. So yeah, Im kinda stuck in this cycle of 'when to begin' type of thing lol.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
So i unlocked Ahri cause she's an assassin mage and I love ranged dps champs.. smart casting skill shots is hard.. still learning the range of her moves and how to maneuver my cursor to aim them..

Anyone got any Ahri pointers they can give me?
- This is probably obvious, but bulk > damage early. Her ability to kite is ludicrous, amplify this with Rylais and pick up a Revolver / WotA depending on farm / kill levels for sustain. Deathcap is fantastic but Ahri's base damage on her stuff is very high, making it a great item to build once you have the ability to really kite people around.

- Spend some time in bot games learning how cursor position works with skillshots. Where the projectile goes and where the cursor is are not exactly the same, do the isometric view in the game.

- Don't always lead with Charm. Sometimes it's better to save it to save yourself / a teammate or to secure a kill on somebody running rather than use it when they're already next to you for a bit of damage.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oh god

Some of these are sooooo what the ****

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
- This is probably obvious, but bulk > damage early. Her ability to kite is ludicrous, amplify this with Rylais and pick up a Revolver / WotA depending on farm / kill levels for sustain. Deathcap is fantastic but Ahri's base damage on her stuff is very high, making it a great item to build once you have the ability to really kite people around.

- Spend some time in bot games learning how cursor position works with skillshots. Where the projectile goes and where the cursor is are not exactly the same, do the isometric view in the game.

- Don't always lead with Charm. Sometimes it's better to save it to save yourself / a teammate or to secure a kill on somebody running rather than use it when they're already next to you for a bit of damage.
I've been going Rylai's on all my AP carries over RoA nowadays.. that slow effect is just too good..

I've noticed that skillshots weren't going exactly where i wanted.. As i'd miss some minions when farming.

Saving CC to keep them in range is a basic ranged DPS strat :D

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth

John, I'll duo with you to 1800 for 150 bucks, and then we can bump the 50 dollar bet to 150. So you either get to 1800 for free or owe me 300 dollars. I'll arrange the paypal transaction whenever you want to.

john!

Smash Hero
John, I'll duo with you to 1800 for 150 bucks, and then we can bump the 50 dollar bet to 150. So you either get to 1800 for free or owe me 300 dollars. I'll arrange the paypal transaction whenever you want to.
:O oh my goodness lol

i just won 2 games so i'm happy now. next losing streak i'll probably rage again tho

fkacyan

Smash Hero
OK, so, Udyr players, question:

When I play Udyr I start Phoenix for speed jungling but I only rank it to 3 and then start ranking Tiger at any point I would rank Phoenix to help with gank burst + speed clearing Dragon w/ wriggles. I feel like this is wrong though, even though I win.

FIX MY UDYR

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
cait is such a bad ad carry lol
This is the one thing I will always disagree with you on :\.

ESPN SportsCenter Top 10 post of the Week.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Charles Barkley will have some commentary on that post LIVE

"People need to stop looking at players like Dphat as role models. It's the parents job"

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Give me your runes, masteries, build order and skill order so I can give you more advice.
Also john im being 100% dead serious, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to maintain 1700+ so its like free right?
I'd take you up on it but the amount of time it would take me to play 50 games in ranked is so huge that I'd probably have forgotten by the time all was said and done.

And I'd probably be out $300 too. LOL
-DD

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Give me your runes, masteries, build order and skill order so I can give you more advice.
Also john im being 100% dead serious, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to maintain 1700+ so its like free right?
Attack speed red / quint, armor yellow mres blue

R > W > R > E > W > R > E > Q > E Q til maed then max turtle, or sub maxing W or maxing E first if I need the shield.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Well your rune page look fine but instead of AS quints I would recommend Movement speed quints, you'll be surprised how much 4.5% MS is. Other than that you rune page looks fine. Also my skill priority is R > W > E > Q, BUT this is my skill order, R W R E then max R and W next. Reason i level turtle over bear is that 220 shield on 6 sec cd is ridiculous and allows for stupid escapes at low level.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Udyr needs to move fast

Turtle is also gay since Udyr naturally gonna get tanky anyways, so it benefits itself even further. That 220 shield with 100 plus resistance can stretch pretty far especially early on lol

jpak

Smash Lord
Alienware tournament playoffs tomorrow starting at 7:30 pm CST if anyone wants to watch I'll be streaming just a heads up. I don't expect my team to do well... Notable teams are: Goose, virginBRO (phaxen and kenkith's team), Miku League Baby (imaqtpie, pobelter pickup team), vVv (they are a lot better now), and a few others!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Well your rune page look fine but instead of AS quints I would recommend Movement speed quints, you'll be surprised how much 4.5% MS is. Other than that you rune page looks fine. Also my skill priority is R > W > E > Q, BUT this is my skill order, R W R E then max R and W next. Reason i level turtle over bear is that 220 shield on 6 sec cd is ridiculous and allows for stupid escapes at low level.
Why keep leveling Phoenix? every 4th hit doesnt always proc properly in teamfights, q gives up front burst and lets you drag faster, or so I thought at least

EDIT: I love losing games to people literally refusing to push lanes when you have early advantage

Counter jungle yi, hes 13 when I'm 18 and they refuse to push to the extent that he gets a full build and he and vayne stomp us in the duration of Sona ult.

I understand these games happen but it's obscenely frustrating that so many people dont understand that the game isnt about killing champs but is instead about killing buildings. Even in dominion people leave points to get kills. I just dont get whats so complicated about objective control.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
did they send me daughters when i asked for sons - catholic church

D

Deleted member

Why keep leveling Phoenix? every 4th hit doesnt always proc properly in teamfights, q gives up front burst and lets you drag faster, or so I thought at least

EDIT: I love losing games to people literally refusing to push lanes when you have early advantage

Counter jungle yi, hes 13 when I'm 18 and they refuse to push to the extent that he gets a full build and he and vayne stomp us in the duration of Sona ult.

I understand these games happen but it's obscenely frustrating that so many people dont understand that the game isnt about killing champs but is instead about killing buildings. Even in dominion people leave points to get kills. I just dont get whats so complicated about objective control.
the reason why i hate being ad carry and instead play the tanky dude that leads everyone else

Top Bottom