• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

D

Deleted member

So uh... why even play ranked?

First, let me just say that I don't believe "elo hell" exists. Your elo is a measure of your ability to carry games by yourself up to a specific rating. Once you can't consistently carry games anymore, then you are on equal footing with your team mates and opponents and "deserve" that rating. Cool.

But, I do understand why people are so angry about ranked matchmaking, trolls, and the like.

The frustration comes from many games being with idiots that refuse to even try. Many feel that just because they can't carry these people doesn't mean they deserve to play with them.

I have only played one ranked game, and I don't plan on playing again. I went top lane with Riven, where i did pretty well. My bottom lane consisted of a Galio player who did nothing remarkable and a Caitlyn who rushed Tiamat and Boots of Swiftness and had 14 deaths by 20 minutes, all fed to the same Katarina player.

Said Katarina player then went around killing most of my team that was dumb enough to fight her in like 2 hits.

Could I have done something to save the game? Maybe. I'm just not sure it's worth the emotional stress. I'm not pro enough to carry 0/20/2 Tiamat Caitlyn, and that's fine with me. I don't indulge any illusions of my own grandeur... but, to be honest, if I have to carry 10 games like this to get initially placed into an elo bracket where people actually play the game I'll just stick to normal draft where people at least pretend to try to understand what they're playing.

I really can't think of a reason to play ranked. The average actual skill level of 1200 normals is similar, but the understanding of the meta, individual characters, etc. seems to be much better. Ranked as it turns out is kind of a magnet for know-it-alls looking to prove they're good because they own their brother in custom games and fresh 30s who think Akali is overpowered.
all that off of one game? ROFL

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Happy meals: Making you happy to live somewhere other than a 3rd world country since whatever year you realized the only way you could have less food is by living in one such country.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Hard to say

Morgana punishes idiots for having useless teamfights frequently (one tower goes down and everyone runs to mid to do nothing)

Yi split pushes like a boss

I'd say that Yi actually punishes mid-level play more, and Morgana punishes llow low low level play more.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
If you're ignorant of the Reddit community, good. Because redditors as a social group are absolutely abhorrent. They make channers look normal.

EDIT: WTF shyvana being picked early in every game now and its not me? all of them running shyv top? what the flying **** is going on
Told ya, she's flavor of the month right now. I'm mainly wondering why she hasnt been picked before now.

Jungle Kayle. :applejack:

RR: What's your name? Wanna add you.
Kayle is a lot better as a jungler then a lot of junglers people are using seriously right now.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i dont see shyvana picked that much at all tbh

D

Deleted member

i think yi is great since you can farm your jungle/ opponents jungle quick that you become a 3rd solo lane in farm (same as shyvana)

then you are a different form of katarina where you jump in and **** everyone IF they don't choose to **** you/ you outplay them

Morg you **** by being a lamer in lane, being a cockblock/ great teamfighting. Im convinced its fun for NOBODY if you play her

jpak

Smash Lord
yi can top lane well
21/9/0, ad quints, armor seals, arpen marks, your choice of glyphs (mregen/lvl :O)
3 dorans ghostblade then ur choice like LW, PD, boots in between
wriggle is a good option if you think it is a good fit against the enemy comp

idk what the skill order is but he can definitely play top lane well

btw mundo my dear friends plz play
9/21/0 spell vamp quints, attack speed marks, armor seals, mr glyphs (this is mainly for jungle but top lane hes good too)
sorce shoes, warmogs then doesnt matter can double warmog, go zeke go pd go fon go atma's whatever

you dont have to believe me

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
jpak, stop saying Master Yi is a good top solo.
You're wrong.

According to everyone else but me.

Q > W / E > Q > E / W
R > Q > W > E
get a second level in W early if you want to double your heal. Maxing out W can make you close to impossible to push out of lane, but you'll be **** at pushing.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
yi can top lane well
21/9/0, ad quints, armor seals, arpen marks, your choice of glyphs (mregen/lvl :O)
3 dorans ghostblade then ur choice like LW, PD, boots in between
wriggle is a good option if you think it is a good fit against the enemy comp

idk what the skill order is but he can definitely play top lane well

btw mundo my dear friends plz play
9/21/0 spell vamp quints, attack speed marks, armor seals, mr glyphs (this is mainly for jungle but top lane hes good too)
sorce shoes, warmogs then doesnt matter can double warmog, go zeke go pd go fon go atma's whatever

you dont have to believe me
Yeah, this Mundo build murders the jungle. No cost, no CD AoE, lol.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Yeah, this Mundo build murders the jungle. No cost, no CD AoE, lol.
I had to fight a Mundo jungle earlier.

Pooped on him. "no cost" is his HP dude. He's SUPER vulnerable to countering. His ultimate isn't even a "**** im in trouble" move because he has to LOSE health to use it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I had to look it up because I had no idea, but Mundo's heal does indeed cost HP

wow

Vyke

Smash Champion
I had to fight a Mundo jungle earlier.

Pooped on him. "no cost" is his HP dude. He's SUPER vulnerable to countering. His ultimate isn't even a "**** im in trouble" move because he has to LOSE health to use it.
I DID WELL

HE SUCKS

best arguments

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
And you say that not knowing whether the guy had the right runes, masteries nor if he actually played it properly.

He has an AD steroid that gives him up to 200 AD, or up to 80 at just level 1 of the skill. That combined with appreciable life steal equates to a lot of health regen in jungling and also fighting. He also has a 40% slow on a 4 second cool down.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
And you say that not knowing whether the guy had the right runes, masteries nor if he actually played it properly.

He has an AD steroid that gives him up to 200 AD, or up to 80 at just level 1 of the skill. That combined with appreciable life steal equates to a lot of health regen in jungling and also fighting. He also has a 40% slow on a 4 second cool down.
Theres not much he can do int he way of ability usage while he's fighting red at level two.

Spells costing health is a big problem when you're not sure that you'll land another hit.

Vyke

Smash Champion
You're actually as stupid as your posts make you out to be.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt before, but I see no reason to now.
And I'm saying that you're making baseless claims from games that you've played with against some Mundo as one of the best invading junglers vs some guy who problem doesn't Jungle Mundo often, -especially- at, what is it, 1400 elo?

I don't really care about your opinions too much. I mean, I do to some degree because I'm responding. Both here and in the Dota 2 thread you just toss out stuff and hope people listen, but there's a reason the only time people respond are to disagree or don't respond at all.

We can take it to PMs from here if you want, I don't want to dilute the thread anymore.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
same here bro :3

i found the best way to win solo-queue is:

1.) always, always, always talk pre-game and try to suggest the meta set-up. solo top, ranged ad bot, etc. etc. it helps
2.) always, always, always announce in the chat "if they have jungler we're invading"
3.) wait in the solo bush in river. tell everyone not to move until 1:50 and to follow u.
4.) **** up the other jungler's world

from this point u usually win the game as long as u protect your other blue from getting taken, but LVL 1 blue golem fights for me always end in a Win if we successfuly take blue and/or get first blood from it

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
So the first time as Panth, we get barron, the other team is extending on our final mid tower. Everyone else defends while I ult and BD their nexus.

Edit:

same here bro :3

i found the best way to win solo-queue is:

1.) always, always, always talk pre-game and try to suggest the meta set-up. solo top, ranged ad bot, etc. etc. it helps
2.) always, always, always announce in the chat "if they have jungler we're invading"
3.) wait in the solo bush in river. tell everyone not to move until 1:50 and to follow u.
4.) **** up the other jungler's world

from this point u usually win the game as long as u protect your other blue from getting taken, but LVL 1 blue golem fights for me always end in a Win if we successfuly take blue and/or get first blood from it
That was a sick game

Fragger

Smash Journeyman
So the first time as Panth, we get barron, the other team is extending on our final mid tower. Everyone else defends while I ult and BD their nexus.

Edit:

That was a sick game
LOL my friend did this in a game. The match was back and forth, it was like 50 minutes in. He had 4 PD, 1 IE, 1 Bloodthirster. I saw everyone saying GG and i was like 'lol wat?' and then i saw him wrecking the nexus as their whole team was at our base.

Omni

BRoomer
OK. So now that I have my 5 junglers and I'm close to LVL 30 I want to master the fastest LVL 2 or LVL 3 route for them.

Skarner/Udyr
- I normally do Wolves (have 1-2 members of the team hit each wolf once).
- Blue Golem w/leash. Smite Blue. *LVL 2*
- Wraith camp.
- Mini-Golems. *LVL 3*
- Red Buff. Smite Red.
- Blue pill.

Shaco
- 4 boxes at Lizard.
- 1 box at Wraith. Smite big Wraith. Cleanup others.
- Leash Red buff to 4 boxes. Auto attack. Drop another box for 2nd fear proc.
- Rush to Blue. Drop 2 boxes in bush. Leash with E. Smite.
- LVL 3 gank.

Rammus/Nocturne
- I have no idea what the ideal routes are. I just do the Udyr/Skarner one.

Need help refining these jungle routes so that I clear my jungle and/or prepare myself for a good early gank as fast as possible. Any recommendations or tips?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
OK. So now that I have my 5 junglers and I'm close to LVL 30 I want to master the fastest LVL 2 or LVL 3 route for them.

Skarner/Udyr
- I normally do Wolves (have 1-2 members of the team hit each wolf once).
- Blue Golem w/leash. Smite Blue. *LVL 2*
- Wraith camp.
- Mini-Golems. *LVL 3*
- Red Buff. Smite Red.
- Blue pill.

Shaco
- 4 boxes at Lizard.
- 1 box at Wraith. Smite big Wraith. Cleanup others.
- Leash Red buff to 4 boxes. Auto attack. Drop another box for 2nd fear proc.
- Rush to Blue. Drop 2 boxes in bush. Leash with E. Smite.
- LVL 3 gank.

Rammus/Nocturne
- I have no idea what the ideal routes are. I just do the Udyr/Skarner one.

Need help refining these jungle routes so that I clear my jungle and/or prepare myself for a good early gank as fast as possible. Any recommendations or tips?
What are your starting items for these characters? Cloth +5 usually allows you to do Red w/o smite, so you can put that before doublegolem.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Pretty sure Shaco can do a thing with Wraiths where you kill big wraith and one small wraith without Smite and then proceed to Red, leaving the other two wraiths for mid, and still reach level 3. You can kill Red with 3 boxes and then one box later this way, so you can put one box near river to be safer.

I think.

Omni

BRoomer
Skarner: Regrowth Pendent + 1 Pot
Udyr: Cloth/5
Shaco: Dorans
Rammus: Cloth/5
Nocturne: Cloth/5

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Skarner: Regrowth Pendent + 1 Pot
Udyr: Cloth/5
Shaco: Dorans
Rammus: Cloth/5
Nocturne: Cloth/5
Shaco is one of those characters I don't play enough to really jungle him well, but with the others I'm almost 100% sure you take less damage doing red > doublegolem instead of golem > red.

Double golems hit hard, mon.

Top Bottom