• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
how about we play more normal games >:l
how bout no? normal games no fun, top lane lets me fb them in 3 minutes every time.

Fine I dont want to carry you anyways
riiiiiight, so ofc you'll just play normals or duo with jpak cause lord knows you're not the one getting carried by duo queue. dphraud :p.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
DAMN the call outs MR. I lose lvl 1 fight to GP and needed DPhat skarner to carry me to 2k. I see how it is.
lololol, shots fired

interestingly enough, skarnar always up and always picked in my games and aside from my jungle Xin BODYING some poor skarnar, he always wins too. wtf, why aren't people banning that ******* anymore?

voorhese

Smash Master
What kind of budget/range do you have for this? What was listed looked fine: the hard drive looks pricey maybe cause of the shortage raising prices but still for about the same money or a bit more you could get a much better hard drive. Double or triple the capacity and SATA 6.0 Gb/s instead.

What do you want from your computer, and how much money you got for it? Cause depending on that you could definitely recommend certain upgrades from what you listed without blowing excessive cash. If you just want something out of the box that works smooth and you're not gonna tinker with it later (over clocking upgrades cooling etc) you're gonna be looking for something different than if you are gonna do stuff down the road.
I am not sure on the exact price range, hopefully less than 1 thousand. But i mainly just plan on streaming like league, maybe street fighter, console games. Using dual screen while doing so etc.

Cia

das kwl
Alienware tournament playoffs tomorrow starting at 7:30 pm CST if anyone wants to watch I'll be streaming just a heads up. I don't expect my team to do well... Notable teams are: Goose, virginBRO (phaxen and kenkith's team), Miku League Baby (imaqtpie, pobelter pickup team), vVv (they are a lot better now), and a few others!
I had vVv vfx in one of my ranked games yesterday, is he on their starting line up?

:phone:

Frolossus

Smash Lord
[COLLAPSE="quote thing"]
I plan on building a computer for streaming console/pc games while using an Hdtv for the actual game and dual monitoring for the stream etc. I have no idea on how to do build cpus or what i need, my friend says that this should be fine.

Qty. Product Description Savings Total Price
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6870 100314-3L Video Card
Item #:N82E16814102948
Return Policy: VGA Standard Return Policy
$164.99

AMD Gift - Dirt3 Game Coupon
Item #:N82E16800995114
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
$49.99

AMD Phenom II X4 960T 3.0GHz Socket AM3 Quad-Core Desktop Processor
Item #:N82E16819103995
Return Policy: CPU Replacement Only Return Policy
$124.99

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Item #:N82E16822136073
$149.99

Thermaltake V4 Black Edition VM30001W2Z Black Computer Case With Side Panel Window
Item #:N82E16811133179
$49.99

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom
Item #:N82E16817341017
$74.99

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
Item #:N82E16820231428
Return Policy: Memory Standard Return Policy
$46.99

GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 ATX AMD Motherboard
Item #:N82E16813128521
$89.99

Grand Total: $701.93

If you have any questions, please use our LiveChat function or visit our Contact Us Page.

Once You Know, You Newegg.

Your Newegg.com Customer Service Team

thoughts?
[/COLLAPSE]

not bad but damn is that harddrive expensive. is all that from the shortage only? That's really quite expensive for 500gb on newegg of all places

also @wave, SSDs are <33333

fkacyan

Smash Hero
lololol, shots fired

interestingly enough, skarnar always up and always picked in my games and aside from my jungle Xin BODYING some poor skarnar, he always wins too. wtf, why aren't people banning that ******* anymore?
Banned every game in the 1400s.

It's always Kass / Morgana / Skarner / Shaco / Rammus, and then usually one of Ahri, Lee Sin, or Trynd for the last ban.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If we didn't all play the same roles I would compile a team consisting of Dphat, Mogwai, s2j, another manly player and myself and make TEAM MANLY MAN.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I had vVv vfx in one of my ranked games yesterday, is he on their starting line up?

I remember trying out for that team when he was just starting to make it. I was drunk and carried them with Karma. If they're any good now, it's gotta be a largely different lineup, those guys were pretty mediocre (there were 1 or 2 that were decent, but the chemistry was bad for me so I declined the offer).

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I remember trying out for that team when he was just starting to make it. I was drunk and carried them with Karma. If they're any good now, it's gotta be a largely different lineup, those guys were pretty mediocre (there were 1 or 2 that were decent, but the chemistry was bad for me so I declined the offer).
That goddamn Karma Swagger.
If I wasn't swamped with work I'd shoop up a Karma picture something nice.
-DD

jpak

Smash Lord
it is completely different, their roster is
reduron, dd double diamond, rcraft, warner09, sil sol, vVv anaxamander

MacD

Banned via Administration
so i have a question, what's a good way to push an advantage as AD nid item wise

i had cloth armor, vamp scepter, boots 1, a ward, and 1700 gold to spend at the 10:00 min mark, i just took top tower. i ended up going bf sword thinking i'll just keep pushing and ruining this guys day and then in 15 i'll still be able to get my giants belt and who knows what else. what actually happened was i killed gp again, but their mid and our bot tower went down like 1 min later so laning phase ended and i got screwed.

was i just being too brave? or was it a good idea i just got screwed by the laning phase ending (and trist/vlad being fed... sigh)?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
so i have a question, what's a good way to push an advantage as AD nid item wise

i had cloth armor, vamp scepter, boots 1, a ward, and 1700 gold to spend at the 10:00 min mark, i just took top tower. i ended up going bf sword thinking i'll just keep pushing and ruining this guys day and then in 15 i'll still be able to get my giants belt and who knows what else. what actually happened was i killed gp again, but their mid and our bot tower went down like 1 min later so laning phase ended and i got screwed.

was i just being too brave? or was it a good idea i just got screwed by the laning phase ending (and trist/vlad being fed... sigh)?
should've bought wriggles + ninja tabi + consumables and then started on your phage while continuing to pretend that your team doesn't exist like every good nid in the history of the game.

MacD

then phage could go to either mallet or tri force depending on situation i'm sure.

so still go for tanky either way basically. and i think i just hate wriggles as an item so i always try to avoid it unless i'm jungling, ergo my want of a bf.

man, i miss the days of AP nid. my first true love

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
then phage could go to either mallet or tri force depending on situation i'm sure.

so still go for tanky either way basically. and i think i just hate wriggles as an item so i always try to avoid it unless i'm jungling, ergo my want of a bf.

man, i miss the days of AP nid. my first true love
triforce, **** mallet.

AP nid is still fine, just play AP nid if you have such a hard on for her honestly.

and like, why do you have cloth and vamp if not to go wriggle's? lol, I'm confused. you can also just go double dblade -> triforce if building a wriggle's makes you physically ill, but it's an obscenely good item so I'm not sure I understand your hatred for it.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wriggles on nid is sick, infinite lane sustain, push creep waves super fast to kill tower and make their top lanes life hell. I personally like going atmogs after wriggles and then getting tforce.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I will already be feeding, Kevin. We don't need your help in that regard! :p You should also know that we don't really believe in AD carries, haha.

MacD

i mean i was planning on building it, and i do build it... idk, i think i just hate how it makes lanes go and how stupid sustainy it makes people.

but guess it's time to work on new nid builds. i don't get to go top often in when i play with people, so i tend to avoid it in ranked. i don't get as much practice as i'd like to figure these things out.

i do play ap nid still. because i don't get to play top often though, idk how match ups go when i'm ap and stuff, sad sad days

and i guess.... idk, stupid sona's eye and fid being a jerk and my team still losing 3 v4

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
On almost everyone I find myself doing triforce -> atma's over atmog's every day.
For what reason specifically? I fee llike atmogs helps with her mid game a lot more than tforce just because tforces takes so damn long to get, but eh I like experimenting with builds.

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
I want to start getting my LoL matches critiqued. How should I go about doing this?

I think there's a program called LoL-replay (right?). Does it still cause crashes?
Do I upload the replay to youtube or do something else?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
For what reason specifically? I fee llike atmogs helps with her mid game a lot more than tforce just because tforces takes so damn long to get, but eh I like experimenting with builds.
the power drop off while you're building warmog's is pretty huge. basically you're really ignorable with wriggle's + warmog's until you hit your atma's, whereas trinity pieces keep your damage relevant as you build up the larger item.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I am not sure on the exact price range, hopefully less than 1 thousand. But i mainly just plan on streaming like league, maybe street fighter, console games. Using dual screen while doing so etc.
Okie. Yeah this will probably do for that, although I would definitely get a different hard drive maybe even SSD if you're not gonna be storing much on it and just using it for playing/streaming. SSD won't have the same capacity for anywhere near the same price as regular hard drives, but they tend to have great performance and other advantages.

Upgrade order I would have from what you listed if you want to:

Processor

Hard Drive

Power Supply/Cooling

jpak

Smash Lord
warmog only good for a few champs. right now i can think of volibear and mundo but there are probably others too

I want to start getting my LoL matches critiqued. How should I go about doing this?

I think there's a program called LoL-replay (right?). Does it still cause crashes?
Do I upload the replay to youtube or do something else?
lolreplay works and you can upload it to youtube. i think dyrus does video critiques, he picks at random.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Warmog's still fine at like 3rd/4th item on some dudes too IMO. Like sometimes you wanna go like wriggle's, triforce, giant's belt, atma's or something and then you're like, well ****, I guess I'll make belt into a mog's and that's fine. as long as you're teamfighting well and getting assists, you can stack one up real fast. just cause you want a mog's eventually doesn't mean you have to rush it.

D

Deleted member

ad bruiser build that ***** on everyone unless your ad bruiser blows:

2 dorans blades --> (bruta) --> phage --> atmas --> triforce (or frozen mallet, but i don't like mallet usually) --> tank or more dps

if their ap damage is bursty then I would only get hexdrinker as my 'tank' item, but if its a dangerous sustained ap dps/ double ap you obviously have to get more

if ur vs a dangerous lane though wriggles is probably better but vs average scrub double dorans seems better for ******

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
He's right jpak. He can't hit things right in front of him, but if you're about a lane's length away he will predict even your most ******** decisions and hit you.

Top Bottom