• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

thumbswayup

Smash Master
this solo queue hell is out of control. I know it's just luck for a while, but seriously. I was unranked when the season started. I'm at (i'm not kidding) 1000 elo right now. Just like 12 games played, but I've only won 3 or 4. holy **** how does that happen? It's literally game after game after game of just awful kids. Blows my mind. This last one was the first time that I didn't have a great game, but it wouldn't have mattered. we were like 6-25 when we surrendered, and I had 3 of those kills, as singed.

How can I play with 1900s regularly and do fine, and outjungle guys in the 1600s but then in solo queue just completely fail?

Seriously, all complaining aside, I want someone to coach me. Is it possible to be good enough to just completely carry through this nonsense? Does it make sense at all for a decently good player to lose this many games?
I'm losing with vayne on bot, even when I get fed. My team will just suicide 2v5 regardless of how well I communicate, how little I rage, etc.
I'm losing with xerath in mid, even when I'm winning my lane in CS, get first blood, ward well, never get ganked once, never die, gank both lanes successfully, etc.
You'll never get out of elo hell unless you're extremely lucky. Those people that have carried their way out also have had luck on their side. Once you've seen what we've seen you'll understand there IS no carrying yourself out of elo hell without **** tons of luck. Seriously, this bull**** about being able to carry 4 idiots to beat 5 idiots is a joke, a lot of the time the four people you're matched with are infinitely worse than the five people you are against. Not to mention disconnects and afks. I'd like to see a top player win a match 4v5 and has two feeders on his team. These scenarios happen every other game and so it is damn near impossible to win consistently. People just don't care at low elos plus they're terrible.

L__

Smash Master
the whole elo hell thing is **** and i'm tired of hearing it

stop overestimating your skill level and accept the fact that you suck

then you can start improving by paying attention why you're not carrying out of your current rating

thumbswayup

Smash Master
lol you misunderstand. Im very well aware that I suck. What I fail to understand is how everyone I'm ever matched with has no concept of how this game is played. Not only that, it boggles the mind that these are level 30s who are so bad the only explanation is they're trying to lose elo. That or they're unbelievably stupid. I never claimed to be good, just don't understand how there can be people THIS bad everywhere. Think about that, how bad do you think these people have to be for me to complain about? Like I'd understand if I was always the reason we lose, but I normally perform pretty well, yet I'll lose because of one or two or three feeders. Or that no one pushes when we score an ace, or no one tanks towers for the win. Or no one knows when to baron. Why don't you play in elo hell a bit eh? It'll blow your mind

L__

Smash Master
dont mind my rant it was just b/c i've been hearing a lot of complaining lately about elo hell and its just really annoying

and everyone has games where people dont seem like they belong in certain elos and do things that are incredibly ****ing stupid like push out while all are mia and feed and can't focus on objectives

also performing pretty well is very vague. there's a lot of things that people at the low/mid elo range (myself included) are unaware of that have a great impact on the game without realizing it and only started figuring out some important things lately.

and concerning your last point I've had several games where I would be dominating and I would still lose. first example that comes to mind is when I went 5/0 in the laning phase with the highest cs as vayne, but top/mid/jungler fed jarvan and in team fights he became too strong for our team to control/keep off me so I got dunked on after they blew all their cc on me. their jarvan ended 15/0 and was the most demoralizing thing. in the end this only taught me that I could have made a difference in my decisions and should have roamed to help shut down a game deciding factor.

if you claim to understand the objectives then you should assert yourself when the time comes and make your teammates respect your calls. over time, the more you play, the elo you deserve will be the one you're at. it only makes sense that many of the top players from last season are back up on top instead of being in "elo hell" and stuck at 1k elo.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Viktor's Gravity Field looks pretty much inescapable. Laser looks legit, and his ult seems fun, but we have to see his numbers to see if he's worth while having an item slot used up for at best a mid-level item (after upgrade).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Why would his item not be in a separate slot/not count towards the 6 slots?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Honestly, I know that you guys say that people at your elo don't know basic stuff, but are you sure that there's not stuff that players of the elo you think you belong would think are basic that you're not doing?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Nah, at 1200 and slightly below, you have the fresh 30s. They really don't know squat, but they think they do.

EDIT: WTF they snuck him into the store right now.

john!

Smash Hero
so earlier this season i got to gold in something like 12 games with my smurf. but it was my smurf so i didn't really care.

recently i started playing ranked on my main account, where i am tryharding with my best champions.

i have 4 wins and 4 losses

my average k/d is 8.0/3.2/7.8

my average cs is 203.00

i don't know why i thought my terrible luck would change in season 2. it hasn't.

can't wait for some ignorant ****** with half my skill to come in and tell me "what i'm doing wrong" like always

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I love when I take the time to learn a champion, and it pays off.

Riven is so fun, but I wasn't very good with her. Watched some streams, played some normals...now I can see why she's so amazing.

I did the same thing before this with Lee Sin and Shaco, and am ****** ranked with all 3 now.

Feels good man.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
so earlier this season i got to gold in something like 12 games with my smurf. but it was my smurf so i didn't really care.

recently i started playing ranked on my main account, where i am tryharding with my best champions.

my average cs is 203.00

i don't know why i thought my terrible luck would change in season 2. it hasn't.

can't wait for some ignorant ****** with half my skill to come in and tell me "what i'm doing wrong" like always
Perhaps care more about your smurf now, since your main account seems to be a scrub magnet?
At this point it seems to be the only solution, statistically speaking.
-DD

Legend4ryFlower

Smash Cadet

my average cs is 203.00

only thing youre doing wrong is treating this thread like your diary

Vyke

Smash Champion
Viktor feels like a big steaming pile of russian stereotype poop to me. But man is Death Laser fun to use.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I know that the Elo hell issue is only a problem for most people on the short term. I just don't play enough games to wait for the long term. I'm at like 15 games played now in ranked this season, and when you lose 4 straight in that early stretch where you lose 50 points per game, then you get planted into 1100 when the games only give 12 points each, it gets obnoxious trying to eke out 60% wins over the next 100 games, just to climb 200 points to 1300, which is still hell. I'll play 100 ranked games in like 2 months, maybe. So if I'm a 1600 skilled player (reasonable considering who I play with and how I do in those games), i'm looking at maybe a 6 month climb to get to my true elo. that's playing 1-2 ranked games per day at 60% wins.

Had I won 8 out of my first 10 games because of luck, I would have been sitting at 1450 or 1500 already, and then I'm only 45 days away from 1600. The difference is 4-5 months of climbing and putting up with the nonsense.

It's a silly system, IMO. I'm not saying it's absolutely impossible to climb out. I'm saying I don't know if I want to put in 6 months of being irritated at the system because the odds say if I'm good enough, I have a 90% chance of climbing out.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
You'll never get out of elo hell unless you're extremely lucky.
I've carried my way out of ELO hell (sub-1000) three times now. The slow way. I don't duo queue to rise. It's not luck. Everybody below 1300 sucks. Lots of games are unwinnable at that ELO but law of probability is on your side. If you deserve to be a higher ELO, the gap in skill level makes a large difference over enough games.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I feel like the jungle changes really hurt the ability to carry yourself to a higher elo.

When I could pick Warwick, and just pick apart their team I moved up fast.

Dast if you think duoing will help we could duo a bit. I am at 1600 right now.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I know that the Elo hell issue is only a problem for most people on the short term. I just don't play enough games to wait for the long term. I'm at like 15 games played now in ranked this season, and when you lose 4 straight in that early stretch where you lose 50 points per game, then you get planted into 1100 when the games only give 12 points each, it gets obnoxious trying to eke out 60% wins over the next 100 games, just to climb 200 points to 1300, which is still hell. I'll play 100 ranked games in like 2 months, maybe. So if I'm a 1600 skilled player (reasonable considering who I play with and how I do in those games), i'm looking at maybe a 6 month climb to get to my true elo. that's playing 1-2 ranked games per day at 60% wins.

Had I won 8 out of my first 10 games because of luck, I would have been sitting at 1450 or 1500 already, and then I'm only 45 days away from 1600. The difference is 4-5 months of climbing and putting up with the nonsense.

It's a silly system, IMO. I'm not saying it's absolutely impossible to climb out. I'm saying I don't know if I want to put in 6 months of being irritated at the system because the odds say if I'm good enough, I have a 90% chance of climbing out.
1600? Where'd that number come from?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
so I 'm just going to except that I probably won't get gold this season. lol but I will know come in here and tell you the hilarious finding I find in the <1300 area.

yesterday we lost a game solely because jungle skarner thought he was invincible just because he had a madreds bloodrazor. and the worse thing about it is we weren't even doing HORRIBLE but this skarner died to graves like all day roaming the enemy jungle so graves was super fed by the 40 minute mark

after a while the alistar on our team just starts raging at the skarner and I'm over here like "dude can you build a little more tankier plz?" I don't fully remember his build but I know it had Madreds, gunblade and sorc shoes. I was top lane Riven and pretty much smacked this Tryndamere top from level 3 till whenever. that game was most definitely winnable by my team but at low elo nobody likes to push towers. its all about kills. lol.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Season 1 was like...2 years long lol I'm sure you have time to get to gold.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I can't wait til it gets to the point where they are each about 20 ELO from each other and struggling desperately to change that bag back and forth.

Top Bottom