• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

MacD

Banned via Administration
we don't even have a pural for 2nd person speaking

we've basically adopted "you guys" or "you all" or something like that

but i study numbers so i don't have to care!!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I see a lot of you gentlemen missing the correct capitalization.

I smite thee.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Mogwai and Dphat dove the fountain and Mogwai died while Dphat got away.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I am helping my friend grind from 1 to 30, and he is lv 16 now ( I am lv 30), but I noticed once we got into the 12-16 range, everyone plays ahri mid, I am getting bored of playing ahri mid anymore. Mid lane gets boring having to dodge Charm etc etc. Onlything that keeps it entertaining is the builds.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I am helping my friend grind from 1 to 30, and he is lv 16 now ( I am lv 30), but I noticed once we got into the 12-16 range, everyone plays ahri mid, I am getting bored of playing ahri mid anymore. Mid lane gets boring having to dodge Charm etc etc. Onlything that keeps it entertaining is the builds.
I cant wait until she isnt free
As much as I love playing her I feel lured into believing she is the Fotm atm

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

voorhese

Smash Master
^ this, mine was a 3's game, and i was mad that top kept dying to trynd. I also didnt know what was so good about him. I later ran into him in the jungle and he has like 1/4 health, and with his lifesteal + ult started winning the damage trade. and i was like o_O "imma get outta here" and then he mocking shouted me =(

edit: coincidentally this is when i learned about people being fed to.

Cia

das kwl
i didn't mean "best" as in "most useful for winning a game"

i meant "best" as in "most lulzy, rage-inducing, fun to use and troll with" :)
I can think of several ults that are more fun to use.

Katarina Ult
Leblanc Ult (XD)
Corki Ult
LUX ULT OMGGGGGG
Anivia Ult (with Blue buff + 5 man pushing. so fun)
Nocturne Ult.. i guess
Gragas Ult
Akali Ult

just to name a few :)

Lovage

Smash Hero
there's no secret to freezing a wave on your side of the lane (or your side of the map once tower is down.) just don't spam the wave down, don't last hit super early, don't take aggro from creeps by standing in the wrong spot (if they turn yellow, you're unnecessarily pushing the lane) and don't let the tower eat the wave.

this won't permanently freeze the lane on your side no matter how good you are at it, but it can deny the opponents 3+ waves of exp and gold that they would have gotten had you pushed the lane instantly.

obviously this is a technique you need to know how to master, but you need to understand the strategy behind when to push lanes and when to freeze them. obvious examples being, push your lane before pushing mid tower/fighting dragon so that bot lane is forced to stay in lane so they won't lose exp. and you want to freeze the lane if you've lost your tier 1 tower and need to catch up in farm while being safe by your second tower. the downside to freezing your lane in that scenerio is that now your opponent is free to push mid or gank other lanes, so if you recognize they're about to make a play on something, you need to shove the lane and go there.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
if i can't make this internet work tonight imma shoot something
edit: working now on 100ft of ethernet cables
also did they add viktor without a full patch + notes?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
this won't permanently freeze the lane on your side no matter how good you are at it, but it can deny the opponents 3+ waves of exp and gold that they would have gotten had you pushed the lane instantly.
If you push the lane instantly, won't 3+ waves of exp and gold be lost when the opponent's tower kills your creeps?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
o, my bad.

Also,
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/nwur0/i_think_i_know_what_hotshot_and_snoopeh_are/

Can someone explain what this is saying? I know about freezing a lane by just tanking waves so they don't hit your tower. And you can do this for a pretty long time.

Don't understand the second part, as described.
He's basically saying that the closer you start this to the midline of the lane (while still on your side), the longer you can keep the wave on your side of the river, which keeps more pressure on the enemy. Pretty basic solo lane stuff imo.

voorhese

Smash Master
If you push the lane instantly, won't 3+ waves of exp and gold be lost when the opponent's tower kills your creeps?
not if they are pro like chaox, i watch his stream frequently, and I rarely see him miss cs. like he will randomly miss it in lane as much as he does on tower. and most of the time it has to do with his random support accidentally auto attacking something

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
not if they are pro like chaox, i watch his stream frequently, and I rarely see him miss cs. like he will randomly miss it in lane as much as he does on tower. and most of the time it has to do with his random support accidentally auto attacking something
I thought we were talking about when the opponent is out of lane, which is the only reason you'd want to push the lane anyway.

Lovage

Smash Hero
I thought we were talking about when the opponent is out of lane, which is the only reason you'd want to push the lane anyway.
pushing the lane instantly, so 3-4 of your waves stack up at their side of the map = they return to lane and easily grab all the exp and gold

freezing the lane at tier 2 tower = they have to massively overextend to pick up the creeps that die on the creep line. they lose multiple waves of creeps unless they farm aggressively BUT they are free to roam the map and pressure mid/gank other lanes while you safely farm far from everything.

D

Deleted member

sometimes u want to not only last hit and auto attack when its getting close to your tower so you don't miss out on creeps due to tower killing

or you want to push it because someone wants to walk into the lane brush for a sneaky gank

Top Bottom