• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
@TKbro - Skarner has the 3rd highest base damage in the game, I believe, and his Q does 72 damage like every second and a half if you auto attack between spell casts, on top of throwing in occasional Es.

He's like every other standard DPS. Very good bases, so little to no DPS items need to be built.

If you really need to solo carry with him though, just grab that Triforce.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I would like to personally thank Px, Dphat, Dangr and Mogwai for Usually answering my questions

(and Jpak when I first started playing league)

you guys are a pretty big help.

and DMG sometimes too.

MacD

Banned via Administration
@TKbro - Skarner has the 3rd highest base damage in the game, I believe, and his Q does 72 damage like every second and a half if you auto attack between spell casts, on top of throwing in occasional Es.

He's like every other standard DPS. Very good bases, so little to no DPS items need to be built.

If you really need to solo carry with him though, just grab that Triforce.
idk, whenever i play with skarners on my team that get triforce, they just suck and die.

i think the main problem with getting triforce from the jungle is it takes so long to farm up that you won't be tanky when you need to be. and if you don't have anyone else tanky you're gonna be screwed (but obviously you wouldn't get triforce if no one else is going tanky). top lane skarner could probably get a triforce and still be tanky enough assuming he farms well.

but maybe that's just solo queue skarners who i see build triforce and think they are super unstoppable tank. aka typical solo queue randoms

Legend4ryFlower

Smash Cadet
You guys seem to think that you have to have more CS than your opponent for Nasus to be good. o.o
nasus isnt good anyway. he wins lane and still isnt good. melee champ with no gap closers, might as well go ap vs any smart ad carry who buys qss

he even loses in fights to short range ad, the type that usually have problems vs a top bruiser.

Nasus does well versus Irelia.

By "does well" I mean free farms while she free farms.
irelia kills nasus. then farms, then kills him again. she doesnt even need wriggles in this lane, shes just going to keep killing him forever and ever.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
idk, whenever i play with skarners on my team that get triforce, they just suck and die.

i think the main problem with getting triforce from the jungle is it takes so long to farm up that you won't be tanky when you need to be. and if you don't have anyone else tanky you're gonna be screwed (but obviously you wouldn't get triforce if no one else is going tanky). top lane skarner could probably get a triforce and still be tanky enough assuming he farms well.

but maybe that's just solo queue skarners who i see build triforce and think they are super unstoppable tank. aka typical solo queue randoms
You'd only build that Triforce if you are doing very well/want to press a lead you have, because as you said it's expensive. Most commonly Skarners just build up Aegis/Shurelia's/Frozen Heart as needed with Merc's and Wits.

jpak

Smash Lord
dunno why ppl dont let me support in solo queue unreal..

there are so many badchinese/koreans at "high elo"
Team CG, For love, iloverm SO BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD instant loss when i see them on my team

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Nasus vs Irelia is about even at early levels, and then she just wrecks him post 6. Her W's scaling is absolutely bonkers. she can q to farm while constantly harassing nasus away from the creep line.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Who the **** has time to say "He played the champion skarner" or "He picked/used/went/go/etc"

Vyke

Smash Champion
dunno why ppl dont let me support in solo queue unreal..

there are so many badchinese/koreans at "high elo"
Team CG, For love, iloverm SO BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD instant loss when i see them on my team
Team CG is everywhere, at like all elos lol.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Accidentally bought 9 Seals of Warding instead of 9 Glyphs of Warding. And accidentally bought an additional Quint (totaling 4).

Ya' think I can ask Riot to refund those for me? If so, who do I email?

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Janna on my team: "We need to focus annie"

next team fight annie almost dead janna ults and pushes her away and then she lands tibbers on 2 team mates then amummu ult in.

Janna: "Why didnt u guys focus annie?"

-.-

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
They ****in should be. I appreciate Riot a lot more when they release solid or UP champs, not early Ezreal Garen Morde Vlad Vayne MF ult huehuehue etc. Champs like Maokai are a nice change of pace.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been playing her in dominion to get used to her, but I need to try her out on SR. I watched Zolga a lot during that game, and I realized that I wasn't using her ult correctly AT ALL. Zolga was popping all 3 charges fast on it, and I always end up using one every few seconds as if I have to wait, which I don't.

Zolga, duo buddies for a while? I'll get out of hell playing with you. I think we can win more than 2/3rds of our games if you keep taking mid and I keep jungling. First blood is like a guarantee.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
last time DPhat and I duoed and ran into him he went ****ing nuts on Skarnar. not that that's saying anything other than he's a competent player playing skarnar.
Anyone with half a brain can be competent at Skarnar, trust me, haha.

That's why so many people ride his *** to high ELO. I'm just saying it's strange he doesn't pick him more. Saint picks him like 1/3 games.

EDIT: Dastrn stop getting Swiftness boots >: (

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I've been playing her in dominion to get used to her, but I need to try her out on SR. I watched Zolga a lot during that game, and I realized that I wasn't using her ult correctly AT ALL. Zolga was popping all 3 charges fast on it, and I always end up using one every few seconds as if I have to wait, which I don't.

Zolga, duo buddies for a while? I'll get out of hell playing with you. I think we can win more than 2/3rds of our games if you keep taking mid and I keep jungling. First blood is like a guarantee.
I don't ALWAYS burn all the charges. But when trying to burst someone, or quickly reach a destination/target I do. When I get Rylais I tend to space them out due to the slow allowing me to have more time to land spells. Dast, this duo is really working out though. I'm gonna hit 1500 jpak, if you believe in me I can do anything <3

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
1/3 games is pretty solid usage rate. I know what you mean but yeah Skarner gay

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anyone with half a brain can be competent at Skarnar, trust me, haha.

That's why so many people ride his *** to high ELO. I'm just saying it's strange he doesn't pick him more. Saint picks him like 1/3 games.

EDIT: Dastrn stop getting Swiftness boots >: (
What boots do you recommend on Rammus? I've been building swiftness in games where we are already wrecking. My usual rammus build would be merc boots, unless they have 3 auto attackers and ninja tabi start looking good.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
JUAN I CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND YOU WITH YOUR DOCTOR MUMBO JUMBO

Oh I know how to kill a man by ripping out his apendix or somethin

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Can do Tabi if they have mostly AD, Merc's if they have a lot of CC or magic damage, or attack speed boots if you are ahead and don't want either of those, since that scales with your passive damage bonuses and lets you put more damage onto someone/something that is taunted. Generally b/c of Rammus passive you want the Tabi if you can get away with it. Rammus already has huge MS with his roll, you give up a lot to have a crappy 20 more MS than others with those boots. If you really want extreme map presence and ganking potential, get boots of mobility. Never swiftness.

Also if you are leading by a lot and/or have tard teammates you can also build Philo > Wriggles > Atmog's/Atmallet. Gives you more potential to carry.

Top Bottom