• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
??? What?

SHDL so much easier using Y to jump. Maybe that's just me but I could reliably do it that way and holy **** trying to short hop with Fox with Up? You must be a god

I tip my hat off to you.

Only use up for certain characters Jump Cancel Usmash, or for certain uses out of Shine.

Idk how you use Up for SHDL, that seems harder cause you gotta press up and return to neutral for laser instead of press a button that makes sure you stay neutral. ESPECIALLY if you are doing a retreating/approaching or reverse SHDL I dunno how you could be that ****in fast

You need to go play Guitar Hero on Super Impossible mode lol.

There is a trick to it. You flick the stick up so it resets itself. Doing this I could actually SHDL while drifting backwards or forwards using the control stick to jump which is incredibly hard. Hard as in M2K/Dashizwiz/SW couldn't do it when I showed them at FC:D lol. I also pillared with fox/falco using up to jump on the cstick and I could jumpshine with it as well.

I'll just leave this here:

[yt]8maEf7vGc5Y[/yt]

On topic:

Can't log into league :(.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Sorry guys looks like I broke the servers, my 2-20 Ryze leading us to victory was too much for it to handle

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
love chu as a player

hate him as a cocaster. He was one of the worst competitive insights I've EVER had with me.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
o i use up to jump during sh nair shine shield pressure
SHDL & everything else w/ Y

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
??? What?

SHDL so much easier using Y to jump. Maybe that's just me but I could reliably do it that way and holy **** trying to short hop with Fox with Up? You must be a god

I tip my hat off to you.

Only use up for certain characters Jump Cancel Usmash, or for certain uses out of Shine.

Idk how you use Up for SHDL, that seems harder cause you gotta press up and return to neutral for laser instead of press a button that makes sure you stay neutral. ESPECIALLY if you are doing a retreating/approaching or reverse SHDL I dunno how you could be that ****in fast

You need to go play Guitar Hero on Super Impossible mode lol.

Look, I can reliably fox SH with up, it can't be that hard.

Also, I tried rise of immortals... it made me wanna claw my eyes out.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can't imagine trying to SHDL with the control stick.

I was going to make a big angry post ranting about ranked solo queue noobs ruining 3 games in a row when I was playing really well, but I've done that like 100 times in this thread, so I'll skip it.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I just shipped something going to the following street in Weston, Mass:

Wits End

REAL STREET NAME

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Finally made it to 1600 elo. I know it isn't that impressive but for a guy who only plays 1-2 games a day, I am pretty proud of myself.

Malphite OP.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Also, I tried rise of immortals... it made me wanna claw my eyes out.
I came to the conclusion that the only reason Valve made Rise of Immortals a gift pile game is so it would make DotA 2 look infinitely amazing in comparison

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Finally made it to 1600 elo. I know it isn't that impressive but for a guy who only plays 1-2 games a day, I am pretty proud of myself.

Malphite OP.
Are you playing him top lane or jungling?
What's your build?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I came to the conclusion that the only reason Valve made Rise of Immortals a gift pile game is so it would make DotA 2 look infinitely amazing in comparison
Probably.

Which reminds me, I'm very annoyed that the beta test isn't looking to recruit from the people who don't play dota (I played one game, lol). If they aren't looking to recruit totally new players or people who are familiar with other mobas but never touched dota before, how are they gonna expand their playerbase?

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Some of the early waves went to people with absolutely 0 experience that put answers for their average gold per game as like 100k. But it's still a closed beta, there are thousands and thousands of people that have played DotA and still can't get in as well.

Also RotI was awful, the only thing I enjoyed about it was I didn't have to make an account because apparently I was in the closed beta.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
So I have a few questions but here's that backstory

VVVVVVVVVVVVBackstoryVVVVVVV
I have dropped from 1400 to 1090 (yuup....) and I feel like it is actually because of the teammates. but not in the way where I think I'm a perfect player but in the way that them playing worse than me by a large margin will never equate to a win seeing as I make a lot of mistakes as is. so now I have to climb back up again and it seems as though I need to learn to carry because regardless what position I play it always seems like there is THAT ONE PERSON WHO

1. Feeds
2. Disconnects.

I played janna and my Ranged AD bot lane partner pretty much suicide dived in everytime he could.

played Riven Jungle and Mid fed. played Riven top and mid Fed. Played Annie mid and top GP fed.

so at this point I'm just trying to figure out what champs I can use to "hard Carry" a team

^^^^^^^^^^End Backstory^^^^^

so I picked up Pantheon because I'm pretty sure at my current elo I can derp around with him and get away with it but I have a few questions about my mans Panth

Where do I go? Top or Bot? and if Top what matchups does he win (of the commonly used top lane people)

if I do go top who should I ban?

21-9-0 or 9-21-0 or 9-0-21?

Build? (as far as builds I been using the "fed riven" build of double dorans -> merc treads -> Brutalizer -> double bloodthirsters (and then sell double dorans for Atmallet or Atmogs))

and Runes I've been using Arpen Red, Armor yellows, Cooldown blues and Move quints or Flat AD Quints.

@Dphat. I don't clear the jungle fast enough with skarner. I think its probably because I'm not using his speed boost jaunt to move from camp to camp.

also forgot the build. Lol

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If it's only one lane that is feeding and you are nearby it/winning yours. Push your lane and camp/gank that weak lane repeatedly until they are stronger or at least in good shape.

Also if you are the primary carrier and playing someone assassiny, a relatively early GA (say after your first BT) would be optimal b/c then they have to kill you twice.

If they DC it sucks but you can't do anything about it.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Probably.

Which reminds me, I'm very annoyed that the beta test isn't looking to recruit from the people who don't play dota (I played one game, lol). If they aren't looking to recruit totally new players or people who are familiar with other mobas but never touched dota before, how are they gonna expand their playerbase?
I've played with a lot of people who have dota 2 as their first dota genre game. So they are recruiting new people to the scene. >.>

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm just waiting for Blizzard Dota >_>.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I'll never get out of the elo inferno. 4 feeders/disconnects I LOVE PLAYING 2v8 SO MUCH FUN

on a more serious note to the guy who dropped from 1400 to 1000 go jungle Rammus that ****ing prick carries games my friend. When does season 3 start anyway? I'm about to give up on solo queue haha

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I've played with a lot of people who have dota 2 as their first dota genre game. So they are recruiting new people to the scene. >.>
Some of the early waves went to people with absolutely 0 experience that put answers for their average gold per game as like 100k. But it's still a closed beta, there are thousands and thousands of people that have played DotA and still can't get in as well.

Also RotI was awful, the only thing I enjoyed about it was I didn't have to make an account because apparently I was in the closed beta.
I'm talking about the questions lack an honest, "I don't play DOTA" answer.

That alone immediately tells me who their recruiting process is aimed at, and while a few may slip in through the cracks, it definitely says where the game is focused. Its entirely for dota players of varying skill levels, not for newbies to dota, and DEFINITELY not for noobies to the genre.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Are you playing him top lane or jungling?
What's your build?
I was just talking to your brother about this. I go jungle flash / smite.

I always open regrowth + health pot (good leash and you won't need the pot) I build philostone + HoG + boots1 in whatever order feels right.

If the game is swinging my teams way i usually rush Glacial shroud -> frozen heart to be the more relevant in team fights. (CDR is awesome)

If it looks to be a drawn out game then I try to get warmogs to take full advantage of his passive and then build my gold per 10's into better items and get whatever resistance items make sense.

I usually end up getting a void staff in drawn out games to make my ult more relevant.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I only go philo + hog on malph if i'm coming from top lane. Maybe I'll try it out from the jungle and see how it feels.

We should queue together soon so I can see you in action.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's even more worthwhile as a jungler because there's considerably less income in the jungle than in a lane, so it helps afford things should ganks not go incredibly well.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I'm talking about the questions lack an honest, "I don't play DOTA" answer.

That alone immediately tells me who their recruiting process is aimed at, and while a few may slip in through the cracks, it definitely says where the game is focused. Its entirely for dota players of varying skill levels, not for newbies to dota, and DEFINITELY not for noobies to the genre.
There were a few questions near the end in which you could say you never played DotA, and Im assuming if you select those it probably just puts you in a pool ignoring all of the early questions about gameplay and heroes.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
There were a few questions near the end in which you could say you never played DotA, and Im assuming if you select those it probably just puts you in a pool ignoring all of the early questions about gameplay and heroes.
Just did it today, there was no "never played dota" option

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Im fairly certain there were questions for how much dota you've played, and how much you've played in the last month. And I think you could select 0-whatever, which is basically a I never play DotA option.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Right, and that really doesn't matter if you just say you don't play. People get in all the time with ridiculous answers and saying they don't play.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
this solo queue hell is out of control. I know it's just luck for a while, but seriously. I was unranked when the season started. I'm at (i'm not kidding) 1000 elo right now. Just like 12 games played, but I've only won 3 or 4. holy **** how does that happen? It's literally game after game after game of just awful kids. Blows my mind. This last one was the first time that I didn't have a great game, but it wouldn't have mattered. we were like 6-25 when we surrendered, and I had 3 of those kills, as singed.

How can I play with 1900s regularly and do fine, and outjungle guys in the 1600s but then in solo queue just completely fail?

Seriously, all complaining aside, I want someone to coach me. Is it possible to be good enough to just completely carry through this nonsense? Does it make sense at all for a decently good player to lose this many games?
I'm losing with vayne on bot, even when I get fed. My team will just suicide 2v5 regardless of how well I communicate, how little I rage, etc.
I'm losing with xerath in mid, even when I'm winning my lane in CS, get first blood, ward well, never get ganked once, never die, gank both lanes successfully, etc.

Top Bottom