• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I've played over 50 games with free cam. I've won some and lost some, but the result doesn't matter to me so much as the feel while I'm playing, and the feel of free cam is too janky for me to personally consider using it over locked. I've also never said that locked cam gives me some advantage over free cam, and I'm well aware of what I'm "missing" by choosing to play locked. I. Don't. Care.

And why would I be afraid of losing? It's just a game.
Now simmer, and stop jumping to some kind of Freudian conclusion about my play style.

Seriously, is it just THAT hard for you guys to understand that certain people prefer playing games a certain way?
You guys are a riot. :applejack:

Leacero

Smash Lord
All you had to say was "I don't want to get better" and everyone would've left you alone. No need to get butthurt.

Also, you never said anything about you realizing there were benefits. All I got from your previous posts were "I can get all that info off skype and minimap."

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lol Lea.
I do want to get better. I just want to do it my own way.
It's not a must. There are a multitude of ways to play this game at a higher level. I'd think you'd have been aware of something so seemingly obvious, so I find it kinda silly how you, again, assume something that certainly isn't the case.

If I really want help, I'll ask for it. All of this nonsense was just because I shared my distaste for the free cam. Also, my pun fell on deaf ears. :< :applejack:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I've seen dyrus using free cam, SHUT UP DPHAT

:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dyrus also used to play on the lowest settings with low FPS and he was still somehow a god.

Leacero

Smash Lord
Who cares if someone uses lock-on view, I use my summoners on my mouse wheel does that make me bad? It's just a preference, you guys do realize that dyrus plays the same way right? Do you guys criticize him playing like that?
I don't watch streams nearly as much as anyone else in this thread, so idrk, but I'm pretty sure he's not Dyrus. That being said, there is still absolutely NO reason to play locked over free. I don't care who does it and how good he is, there is still no reason to be doing locked over free. This is really just an established fact. Also realize that I'm talking about purely locked, and not switching between the two modes. If Dyrus plays only in locked mode at all times with no penchant to switched to free when the situation calls for it, then yes, I will criticize him for that, but I don't think that's the case.

If you can think of any benefit to playing in only locked mode, feel free to point it out to me Dphat. It's completely different than giving up your mouse wheel. Don't be dumb.

(Also this post is aimed at Dphat, Espy, I've read your post and all and thats fine lol)

Wrath`

Smash Master
I say there is nothing wrong with locked as long as you have the ability to go to free at seconds notice. I play with free on, but hold the space bar to keep locked, any time you play a character with a global ult you need to be able too pan and see what's happening everywhere at anytime.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That's what I do with Cait's ult.
It's the only ult I have that has offscreen range, and smartcasting works on the minimap too. :applejack:

Wrath`

Smash Master
Nah man, you can use globals on the minimap too.
I know, but the minimap doesn't tell you there health and detailed positioning. When I play Karthus I need to see how much health they have before I hit R, and to do that I need to scroll to where the opponent is.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I know, but the minimap doesn't tell you there health and detailed positioning. When I play Karthus I need to see how much health they have before I hit R, and to do that I need to scroll to where the opponent is.
NAH MAN, YOU CAN USE GLOBAL ULTS ON THE MINIMAP, TOO!

ok?

Wrath`

Smash Master
I don't think you get it, I am not saying about casting, I am saying about the information you get from actually panning over to the area on the map as oppose to just looking at the minimap.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
And there's those four little character portraits on the left that I think you can use for targeting allies with globals (Shen), but I've never actually tried it out

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
use my summoners on my mouse wheel
Wait you can do that? How does it work?

When I was first introduced to the game in like mid 2010, I only played it for a week before deciding that I didn't like it, and one of the reasons was that they didn't let me bind my abilities to my Num Pad

Leacero

Smash Lord
Wait you can do that? How does it work?

When I was first introduced to the game in like mid 2010, I only played it for a week before deciding that I didn't like it, and one of the reasons was that they didn't let me bind my abilities to my Num Pad
wut? why don't they? does it just translate to numbers?

john!

Smash Hero
playing with locked camera is like using the control stick to jump in smash bros.

yes, you can do everything that everyone else can using the control stick instead of x/y, but it's much harder and you're handicapping your development as a player.

i'm not saying it's "wrong" but it's definitely not optimal.

if you're used to locked camera, and you have trouble keeping track of your hero during teamfights when you use free camera, check out this mod: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=453035

MacD

Banned via Administration
actually, mango, zhu, and i wanna say lovage/silent wolf and maybe others, use the control stick to jump when doing shield pressure. apparently something about the timing and stuff makes its easier or something idk

jpak

Smash Lord
buff the range of his spells to make him a true carry, he dies too easily right now because of how close he has to get. if you buff the range he becomes op support :(

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I just saw a Promote Nunu up top do his buff on the promoted minion.
Funniest thing I've ever seen. :applejack:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
playing with locked camera is like using the control stick to jump in smash bros.

yes, you can do everything that everyone else can using the control stick instead of x/y, but it's much harder and you're handicapping your development as a player.

i'm not saying it's "wrong" but it's definitely not optimal.

if you're used to locked camera, and you have trouble keeping track of your hero during teamfights when you use free camera, check out this mod: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=453035
I use up to jump on the control stick and was an extremely technical melee player. I also use X, but using up to jump makes things like SHDL soooo much easier lol not a very good comparison.

john!

Smash Hero
I use up to jump on the control stick and was an extremely technical melee player. I also use X, but using up to jump makes things like SHDL soooo much easier lol not a very good comparison.
i use jump to waveshine lol

i can do it consistently with falco but only like half the time with fox

but that wasn't my point at all :urg:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
??? What?

SHDL so much easier using Y to jump. Maybe that's just me but I could reliably do it that way and holy **** trying to short hop with Fox with Up? You must be a god

I tip my hat off to you.

Only use up for certain characters Jump Cancel Usmash, or for certain uses out of Shine.

Idk how you use Up for SHDL, that seems harder cause you gotta press up and return to neutral for laser instead of press a button that makes sure you stay neutral. ESPECIALLY if you are doing a retreating/approaching or reverse SHDL I dunno how you could be that ****in fast

You need to go play Guitar Hero on Super Impossible mode lol.

Top Bottom