• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
its in public beta right now, so its possible it will cost on full release

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
this solo queue hell is out of control. I know it's just luck for a while, but seriously. I was unranked when the season started. I'm at (i'm not kidding) 1000 elo right now. Just like 12 games played, but I've only won 3 or 4. holy **** how does that happen? It's literally game after game after game of just awful kids. Blows my mind. This last one was the first time that I didn't have a great game, but it wouldn't have mattered. we were like 6-25 when we surrendered, and I had 3 of those kills, as singed.

How can I play with 1900s regularly and do fine, and outjungle guys in the 1600s but then in solo queue just completely fail?

Seriously, all complaining aside, I want someone to coach me. Is it possible to be good enough to just completely carry through this nonsense? Does it make sense at all for a decently good player to lose this many games?
I'm losing with vayne on bot, even when I get fed. My team will just suicide 2v5 regardless of how well I communicate, how little I rage, etc.
I'm losing with xerath in mid, even when I'm winning my lane in CS, get first blood, ward well, never get ganked once, never die, gank both lanes successfully, etc.
AD Sona

The answer to all your low elo problems

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
this solo queue hell is out of control. I know it's just luck for a while, but seriously. I was unranked when the season started. I'm at (i'm not kidding) 1000 elo right now. Just like 12 games played, but I've only won 3 or 4. holy **** how does that happen? It's literally game after game after game of just awful kids. Blows my mind. This last one was the first time that I didn't have a great game, but it wouldn't have mattered. we were like 6-25 when we surrendered, and I had 3 of those kills, as singed.

How can I play with 1900s regularly and do fine, and outjungle guys in the 1600s but then in solo queue just completely fail?

Seriously, all complaining aside, I want someone to coach me. Is it possible to be good enough to just completely carry through this nonsense? Does it make sense at all for a decently good player to lose this many games?
I'm losing with vayne on bot, even when I get fed. My team will just suicide 2v5 regardless of how well I communicate, how little I rage, etc.
I'm losing with xerath in mid, even when I'm winning my lane in CS, get first blood, ward well, never get ganked once, never die, gank both lanes successfully, etc.
If there's that much of a skill difference... twitch, get fed. Destroy everything with 900 range aoe infinity edge'd crits.

MacD

Banned via Administration
the biggest problem might be you just don't know how to carry in solo queue

you gotta figure out how to communicate with teammates (words, pings, pep talks etc), how to roam, warding important things yourself, figuring out who on your team your can rely on, who on their team you can pick on. killing the right people in team fights, etc etc

it's quite a bit different trying to win solo queue than winning with a team of 5

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
TBH, best thing you can do in solo queue is pick on their worst player over and over again, both to entirely shut them down, and to cause the enemy team to collapse upon itself when they start berating each other.

john!

Smash Hero

maybe this isn't as improbable as i thought ;)

the skillset for rising in solo queue is not exactly the same as the skillset required to be a "good player". that's why you see high elo players on stream do stupid **** that you would never be dumb enough to do. to win solo queue you have to carry your team. being a good player isn't enough. if you only stay in one lane during the entirety of laning phase, then you are leaving 80-90% of the game up to your team and their opponents. you have to make an impact on as many lanes and as many players as possible.

my preferred champions for solo queue are karthus mid and gangplank top. what they have in common is an ability to farm safely and consistently, an ability to deal with difficult lanes, and most importantly: GLOBAL PRESENCE. if you are a good jungler, then you can have global presence as well. you don't necessarily need a global ultimate, but you need to punish opponents for being stupid no matter where they are. that IMO is the most important factor in being able to raise elo quickly. if you are an amazing laner, and you beat your opponent every time, it won't mean anything if your opponent decides to gank bot for a double kill while you sit mid farming.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
How do I build jungle Skarner? Do I get Wriggle's or not? Wit's End or BV, or both? Atmog's or no? Frozen Heart or Sunfire, or just take the armor from Atma's? GA?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Oh My God Picking up Pantheon has made this game like 100x times more fun. Dunk after Dunk after Dunk. lol

definitely going to be solo queueing with him for a while.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
^ like jpak said, only time i would build wriggles if they are extremely AD heavy and if they are you're better off making a frozen heart.
My standard Skarner build is:
Regrowth + Hp > Philo + Boots > Wit's End > Defensive Item accordingly to their team, also throw a reverie somewhere in there.

D

Deleted member

if u want to rise in ranked play zilean+ skarner+reverie, speed up skarner for instant catch

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
^ like jpak said, only time i would build wriggles if they are extremely AD heavy and if they are you're better off making a frozen heart.
My standard Skarner build is:
Regrowth + Hp > Philo + Boots > Wit's End > Defensive Item accordingly to their team, also throw a reverie somewhere in there.
Always get Wit's End, then?

Also, what's a good support for Twitch? So ****ing many free week Twitches

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wits end is great on Skarner b/c of tankiness, and then AS basically makes all of his abilities better b/c his CDs decrease on auto attacks.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
John! and Dastrn should duo q with each other..

if statistically you can only not carry because you can't win 5 v 5 with your 4 n00bs combined you guys should be all set :D

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
how is getting alot of damage on nasus q any different from knowing how to cs

D

Deleted member

it depends on the lane

my n00b view on nasus is to pick him vs another sustainer and be 2-3x more useful later on when u Q for 15003813 damage

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
You guys seem to think that you have to have more CS than your opponent for Nasus to be good. o.o

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
dphat where does your damage come from if you build so defensive?

or is the idea just to out-DPS someone buy living forever?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
dphat where does your damage come from if you build so defensive?

or is the idea just to out-DPS someone buy living forever?
I can answer this.

Your team. Also, his base damage is pretty absurd, while he doesn't have particularly good ratios, so you build tank. Also, you're probably initiating, so a tanky build helps you not die instantly there too.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Skarner needs no damage. SKarner permaslows in an AoE and never dies and doesnt afraid of anything.

Seriously **** Skarner :(

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Hahaha, I thought you were trying to queue with oddone jpak

:phone:

Top Bottom