• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Send the gayest possible lane vs her, and have your jungler camp your lane for 20 min

**** bot lane, if they get ***** it's on them gotta shut down Irelia

Coney

Smash Master
Send the gayest possible lane vs her, and have your jungler camp your lane for 20 min

**** bot lane, if they get ***** it's on them gotta shut down Irelia
THIS IS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE

it seems to me that simply fighting irelia suggests losing dragon control if you have to consistently babysit top, and if she has port it's even worse. GP is similar but doesn't have quite the same presence...still crazy strong but not HOLY **** WHAT. GP has one built-in cleanse but irelia has wtf cc reduction simply for existing

no one good seems to care about her tho so i figured it was another difference between gold/plat players

i mean shaco's real good now too but everyone knows that so i don't feel like i'm missing something, irelia is the only char that continually stumps me

skarner is becoming/has already become the same thing now too...just hate that kind of character

:phone:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
supports in solo queue seem to believe that heal is better than cv, i never see it anymore

xpecial needs to make a new guide that says otherwise :|

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Should I stick with armor pen runes on AD Poppy or hybrid pen? I like having more damage on my auto attacks, but I also like having my Q crit for a butt-ton of magic damage. Idk, it just seems like dedication is the way to go, rather than balance, but I'd like to know if hybrid pen is actually recommended on Poppy.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
supports in solo queue seem to believe that heal is better than cv, i never see it anymore

xpecial needs to make a new guide that says otherwise :|
I mean heal is a LOT better now lol it's not that surprising. I've seen a lot of people going Heal/CV, especially Jannas.

I like heal/cv support so carry can take cleanse. Depends on team comp though.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I usually take Heal / CV, since the only other option is Flash, which is relatively much less useful unless you want to Flash / ult with Sona or something.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
The way I see it, heal is way better on your AD if you have a choice cuz you get way more healing on the carrier. And this allows your support to get clairvoyance and an escape/something to help win the lane even harder if you can afford it.

But really, there's so much room for error in low level, uncoordinated play for dying against burst lanes (burst heal especially good against that) and risking your opponents snowballing that being able to have it seems kinda necessary in that setting atm.

Honestly, I'm surprised I don't see heal/ignite tristana to counter this.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i really think heal/flash on carry is the best if the other team isnt heavy cc and you need to take cleanse

also, i cant log into chat wtf

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Merry christmas, ya'll!

I dreamed last night that I was actually in League of legends. And when I got to a tower to push it down, I was like "what am I supposed to do? punch this stone tower? that hurts my hand and doesn't seem like it will hurt the tower". Inhibitors had wires coming out of them and I knew I was supposed to break the wires to destroy the inhib but I couldn't figure out how, so I was scratching at the wires with my fingernails. While we were doing that, we also sprayed several cans of shaving cream all over the floor so that when the other team showed up to fight us, they would slip on that instead of hitting us and we could have longer to scratch at the inhibitor wires.

It was a super weird dream.

jpak

Smash Lord
hmmm
summoners for supports varies depending on who you are against
heal/exhaust or cv is real dumb and free kills all day, i hope elementz keep using it so that more people copy him and lose wooo
yes heal is good on the ad carry, someone like trist can run heal or cleanse + ignite

janna is the best support in the game
lux might be real good dunno

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Got like $75 in RP for Christmas. Put most of it on my main account and little on my smurf so I get the Christmas bonus twice. Too bad it won't make me good though.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
hmmm
summoners for supports varies depending on who you are against
heal/exhaust or cv is real dumb and free kills all day, i hope elementz keep using it so that more people copy him and lose wooo
yes heal is good on the ad carry, someone like trist can run heal or cleanse + ignite

janna is the best support in the game
lux might be real good dunno
Janna doesn't need flash.

Seriously, she's retardedly good at escaping between her ult, her movespeed, and her godlike q. Everyone else should have flash for escapes.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Dat dream.

Played Jungle Shaco today. Gabking with him is SUPER easy, but I find myself roaming way too often. Not sure what my mindset with Shaco should be.

I do Wraiths, Red, Blue, LVL 3 gank. Really powerful.

:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Running Flash on Janna isn't about escaping with her, it's more about using it to reposition her wherever suits best. If you're not in the best position for whatever reason (someone getting on you, bruiser/tank going in a little too deep, etc) you can flash to fix it and do whatever is called for at the time. There are a lot of scenarios, both defensively and offensively that can change drastically based on whether she can flash or not. That's why you take it on her, not to simply get away from people with it.

Flash into their team ult 1-2 people into your team. Flash slow/tornado someone as your team catches up and finishes them off. Flash over wall to ult/shield someone. Etc

Vyke

Smash Champion
If it does go over 40 minutes, hope they send one person to stop you from split-pushing and kill them, continue split-pushing.

jpak

Smash Lord
chu8 has comeback to LoL!

watching his stream showed me im not really using my map/camera the best i can

jpak

Smash Lord
watch his stream it's featured on solomid
he moves his ingame camera a lot and they are all meaningful movements

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931