• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
who's the entitled one now, hmm?
The difference is I admit it. I'm also asking questions and trying to fix it rather than blaming other people.

But yeah you can take pointless jabs at me for no reason if you want.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Now hold on Hylian. I've done the math, and you're not at fault.

Your bad luck concerning streaming League... is statistically impossible to achieve. The general population could not possibly reach the low levels of horrendously bad luck on such a consistent basis, in fact it's not possible for you to be so unlucky that streaming the game would have such negative results. It would be impossible for someone else to have such bad luck, wow I am in shock at this revelation.

john!

Smash Hero
not really interested in getting in another argument... but telling me that i have no interest in improving my own game is flat-out wrong.

edit: this is directed towards hylian

DMG i challenge you to find a single person who has a single hero that they have gone 0-8 with in ranked while still maintaining a high k/d/a. just one. should be easy.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Who cares if you got a strong K/D/A ratio when you're losing. I can go 21-0-100 and if we lose then it doesn't ****ing matter. You either didn't contribute into the team fight or ks earlier in the game. Maybe you positioned yourself poorly or maybe you should of taken control and made the shots. If your ratios are high it doesn't automatically mean you're playing well.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
And regardless of if I can find such a person, it doesn't specifically and in detail address what is going on. I've not seen replays, commentary in game on your thought process, specific plays you make, etc. For all I know, you could be taking a dump on horrible people but not going about objectives/leadership the right way and that could contribute to it.

Unless I'm missing something, all we've gotten from you concerning your games are numbers. How much CS how good of a KDA how many wards etc. You want people to affirm your bad luck? Post some videos. Show Westrice like gameplay with teammates ranging from herp to derp that just blow it all the time. That would do 2 things:

1. Now we could reasonably believe your claim

2. If you have areas to improve on or spots that are at least coinflips that you can go for the win that you miss we can see them and point them out so you can maybe have a better chance/whatever.

When I play with someone in the 1200's in even a normal game, and our teammates are these lousy trolls and dip****s that ban "annoying characters like Teemo because I hate facing him" just to allow the other team to get Kassadin Skarner Yorick Vayne etc etc, and I see firsthand the badness, yes I feel compelled to feel sorry. But when someone only tells me accounts and stories and numbers, it's harder.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
The resolution is at 1920x1080 but I mean all the other resolutions suck >_>. I set the FPS at 20 for the stream, I guess I could try lowering it to 15 and see how that looks and how it affects my fps while playing league.

It's just mind boggling to me that I can play D3 in max resolution with 0 lag in a windowed mode but league drop 30-40 fps in windowed mode -.-.
I... Honestly haven't seen the problem you're having, so I'm sorry I can't help more.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Maybe your specific graphics card? Idk certain graphic cards have bad luck with league/****

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
feel free to keep speculating. have you found that person yet? it's not statistically improbable, so there should be a bunch of people like that out there.
John have you ever thought and considered, HEY my lane phase is **** but I'm lost during wandering phase and have no clue on what to do after I down the outer tower.
I don't think anyone calling you bad, you just have no proof that you're playing spectacular during the entire game. 1 mistake at 30 minute can cost you a game I hope you do realize this. John if your KDA isn't above like 4:1 then it isn't that great for a range carry.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well go dominate, post vids, if you have bad people we will have faith. If you don't, then there's something going on.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
As much as we all may hate it, the ELO tool is actually extremely accurate in terms of statistical accuracy at getting people in their correct skill bands.

Now, individual cases can lack precision, sure, but...

The odds of this are fairly low. ELO isn't something LoL started.

Why do you care if we think you're good anyways? If you're actually good that should me motivation enough for you.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ELO is from chess, it's meant to rank 1v1 lol teams is a little weird, but it's a really good ranking system.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Elo also isn't an acronym

When is it appropriate to push a lane super-hard in solo queue? Whenever me and my lanemate are really dominating, it feels like we don't really have much to do after killing the enemy while still having high HP. Do we just keep on pushing our advantage and try to take or damage a tower? Obviously we've more vulnerable to ganks, but I just don't know what else to do.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
ELO is from chess, it's meant to rank 1v1 lol teams is a little weird, but it's a really good ranking system.
Yes, and teams adds a lot of variability to the system which is taken into account by astounding repetition.

I'm fairly sure that most ranked LoL players play a lot more LoL games than chess players play chess.

COUGHSHAYACOUGH

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Tournament standard chess though can take awhile. 90 min each side

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yes, and teams adds a lot of variability to the system which is taken into account by astounding repetition.

I'm fairly sure that most ranked LoL players play a lot more LoL games than chess players play chess.

COUGHSHAYACOUGH
Doubt it lol. GM/IM's have tens of thousands of elo ranked games under their belts. League has only been out for 2 years, I don't think you could even play enough matches in a row since it came out to match the amount some of the IM's have played in their lifetime.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Doubt it lol. GM/IM's have tens of thousands of elo ranked games under their belts. League has only been out for 2 years, I don't think you could even play enough matches in a row since it came out to match the amount some of the IM's have played in their lifetime.
Over the course of a lifetime, and generally at predecided times. LoL you can play from the comfort of your own home.

LoL takes time, yes, but the criteria for starting a ranked match in LoL is literally clicking a button.

EDIT: Also, lol@totals? Chess is an ancient game, I'm referring to per day, where LoL wins by a LANDSLIDE.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
snippet about ranked
Get LoLreplay. Upload some stuff.

Stop saying your team mates suck and all that ****. The elo system works. If you're at an elo. You probably deserve to be there. There have been many players who have posted their "stories" about climbing out of elo hell and whatever the **** you want to call it. If you are good. You will climb your way out.

My friends in HoN are in the same situation. They have really high kdas, but lowass mmrs(match making ratings). Guess what, they suck. They deserve to be at the MMR they are at. So if you really are the unluckiest person in the world. At least post something that we can actually ****ing work with rather than some one sided bull****.

/endrant.

Sorry just tired of seeing this.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I got 450 despite being suspended last week.

Slightly confused but completely OK with the result.

Coney

Smash Master
how do you deal with irelia?

i understand irelia falls into a similar category as some other offtanks and just farmfarmfarmfarm but she feels different...feels like you have to continually deny her farm the entire game, and if she hits a certain point she's unstoppable what with the gap closer and slow/stun and ****

i'm a pretty decent player, not amazing or anything but def above average...just don't understand her. is there any insight when it comes to her? i generally have issues knowing what to do against chars that just farmfarmfarm

:phone:

Top Bottom