• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
AAAAA

Didn't even check to see that was a link

I ****in suck loool

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So when I play in fullscreen mode while streaming I get 55-60 fps but the hud blinks like every two seconds. When I play in border-less or Windowed mode I get 25-30 fps and it's hard to play. Anyone know how to fix this or what settings I need to change?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
So when I play in fullscreen mode while streaming I get 55-60 fps but the hud blinks like every two seconds. When I play in border-less or Windowed mode I get 25-30 fps and it's hard to play. Anyone know how to fix this or what settings I need to change?
25-30 fps, hard to play?

Good god, dude, don't be such a baby. LoL is easily playable as low as 12-15 fps. 8|

That said:

- Lower graphical settings
- License XSplit /
pirate it you filthy man
and use the "Add game" feed option instead of using a screen region.
- Adjust stream settings

I typically play at about 35-45 FPS in windowed mode while streaming.

Leacero

Smash Lord
This is how it is for me too. AFAIK from my extensive research online, game mode doesn't alleviate the problem and the issue is in how LoL is coded. But I haven't tried it, so it's worth a shot I guess. Changing the settings doesn't help for the innate fps drop in windowed/borderless.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Every single game in existence has performance drops running in Windowed mode. It has to do with how the game can access the graphics card iirc.

EDIT: You can slightly boost performance by not running any kind of Flash applet, including your own stream. Flash is surprisingly GPU-intensive.

Cia

das kwl
Anyone notice a surge in Leblanc players lately? I don't mind it because I've trashed every single one of them, but if she gets too much attn, they're going to change (potentially nerf) her :(

:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Probably cause they were gonna buff her

so people getting ready

fkacyan

Smash Hero
i don't know how anyone can play at anything less than 60 tbh
I started my gaming career on an 1998 gateway computer playing WoW at roughly 10fps, <5 in a raid environment. My previous laptop ran 10m raids at roughly 1-fps duirng encounters and maybe 25 tops in major cities. League ran from 15-30.

Now I run at high numbers in fullscreen / etc but honestly 60fps is super overkill for most games (And if you really need performance to play run minimum graphics).

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I don't see how you can raid and hold your own weight under those conditions

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
All Kevin M needs is 1 frame a minute and he will obliterate anything in sight

BIG HOOKS BIG HOOKS

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I played at around 7 fps pretty decently.
Same. My laptop is pretty shizzy and I didn't have access to my desktop and i played at 7 fps and still held my own. Honestly just 10-20 is good enough.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
When do I stop using Smite for jungling and instead save it for I dunno other stuff?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
25-30 fps, hard to play?

Good god, dude, don't be such a baby. LoL is easily playable as low as 12-15 fps. 8|

That said:

- Lower graphical settings
- License XSplit /
pirate it you filthy man
and use the "Add game" feed option instead of using a screen region.
- Adjust stream settings

I typically play at about 35-45 FPS in windowed mode while streaming.
When you are used to very good fps on everything you play, yes it's really hard to play at half that lol.

Also, I put my graphics settings on very low and there was no difference in fps from very high sadly :/.

Ah well, I can still stream diablo 3 well I guess :/.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Apparently the reason I couldn't watch streams was b/c Adblock stopped functioning correctly b/c I was still running Firefox 3.6 as opposed to the current 9.0, LOL.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It never notified me or updated itself and still ran almost everything without trouble, haha. It went overlooked until this current predicament.

Leacero

Smash Lord
When you are used to very good fps on everything you play, yes it's really hard to play at half that lol.

Also, I put my graphics settings on very low and there was no difference in fps from very high sadly :/.

Ah well, I can still stream diablo 3 well I guess :/.
Yeah, I started League at 5 fps and played that way for about a year. Just because it's "playable" doesn't mean that I wouldn't perform better with higher frame rates.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
No. I wouldn't mind the ads when they are played by the streamers or after a while, but I can't stand pre-vid ads. Nothing more irritating than having to sit through 30 secs to find a streamer you want to watch is afk or something.

I don't enjoy having things forced down my throat.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
No. I wouldn't mind the ads when they are played by the streamers or after a while, but I can't stand pre-vid ads. Nothing more irritating than having to sit through 30 secs to find a streamer you want to watch is afk or something.

I don't enjoy having things forced down my throat.
Man, that's not what your private life says.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Lolcave solves the whole "what are they playing" thing by giving you a preview before actually having to view the stream.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Anyone notice a surge in Leblanc players lately? I don't mind it because I've trashed every single one of them, but if she gets too much attn, they're going to change (potentially nerf) her :(

Free week + awesome new skin + reginald *****ing about her being OP = everyone wants to play leblanc!

(picked her up recently cause mistletoe + zatana leblanc are amazing)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
He also made a guide on her, which is probably the biggest contribution to her popularity.

No problem though, I would take lb over other aps any day

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Just had a crazy Siver game. Taric was my support, we had a Gangplank top.
Oh my god the team buffs.
Even AP's could auto attack you to death.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I don't get it I can stream D3 perfectly in high quality with no lag but league of legends?!?!?! oh no that game is way too graphic intensive!

Blah.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I guess I'm spoiled and 25 fps isn't that bad :/ lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The resolution is at 1920x1080 but I mean all the other resolutions suck >_>. I set the FPS at 20 for the stream, I guess I could try lowering it to 15 and see how that looks and how it affects my fps while playing league.

It's just mind boggling to me that I can play D3 in max resolution with 0 lag in a windowed mode but league drop 30-40 fps in windowed mode -.-.

Top Bottom