• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't give a ****.
I cannot STAND free camera. It's so hideous, janky, and downright annoying. :applejack:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Running Flash on Janna isn't about escaping with her, it's more about using it to reposition her wherever suits best. If you're not in the best position for whatever reason (someone getting on you, bruiser/tank going in a little too deep, etc) you can flash to fix it and do whatever is called for at the time. There are a lot of scenarios, both defensively and offensively that can change drastically based on whether she can flash or not. That's why you take it on her, not to simply get away from people with it.

Flash into their team ult 1-2 people into your team. Flash slow/tornado someone as your team catches up and finishes them off. Flash over wall to ult/shield someone. Etc
While I agree, the escape utility is what puts it over the edge after the nerf, I just don't find myself in positions where flash makes the difference often enough to justify it over the burst sustain that heal gives which makes a substantial difference in laning phase but also helps in teamfights,

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Heal Flash. Who says you have to forgo heal or Flash?

On Janna the 1 spell I would like to have is Flash. After that you figure out whether you want CV or Heal or some Exhaust bull****. Janna with Flash can do more clutch ****

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
lol, because locked camera limits what you see only to where your character is? you have no idea whats going on around the rest of the map and the minimap only shows so little

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Well, when I want to play to win, I usually Skype, so that information is kinda shared universally anyways...
You're not going to convince me to change my camera, by the way. Be best to just not try. Minimap and camera surroundings suit me just fine, and none of my characters utilize anything that requires some long distance fancy schmancy camera stuffs.

Besides, my HUD's practically nonexistant anyways. :applejack:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
It's much better if you can see that Maokai with your own eyes. If you wait for a teammate to tell you he's there, you might not have enough time to get out of snare range.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I guess so, but I still don't think it's that big a deal. Maokai's never given me a problem concerning range on locked before. In fact, no one has, in the way you're describing it.
Ironically enough, I only have major issues whenever I DO try to free cam. It's incredibly disorienting, and hitting spacebar only makes me lose track of everything else. :applejack:

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I don't really think the difference is notable with most characters and spells, but on low CD ones and ones with janky spells (Olaf axe and Fizz ult come to mind) it would be great.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I used to switch between smartcasting and non-smartcasting, but once I learned about that "hold down button to see range" thing I've been smartcasting everything.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Doing the on key release was nice to get used to smartcasting, but the delay is noticeable once you get used to smartcast. I don't like it on every champ, and certain skills I can't stand it for like Gragas ult or Ashe arrow. But for champs like Ryze and Cass, and skillshot champs I can't imagine going without it now.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I guess so, but I still don't think it's that big a deal. Maokai's never given me a problem concerning range on locked before. In fact, no one has, in the way you're describing it.
Ironically enough, I only have major issues whenever I DO try to free cam. It's incredibly disorienting, and hitting spacebar only makes me lose track of everything else. :applejack:
oh god i could not play locked camera. Way too restricting. Not being able to check items of players across the map would ****ing suck. Not being able to have any idea of what their hp / mana is and whatnot.

dat would suck

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Espy you are literally handicapping yourself. It's like playing basketball with one hand tied behind your back for the whole game. However janky it might feel at first, you will get used to it and be much more effective later.

So for Christmas I got myself seven straight wins. Didn't even have to derp it out and play just one champ the whole way. Olaf, Sona, Teemo, Maokai, Teemo, Fizz, Malphite.

:teemo:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Then I'll play one handed, because free cam is garbage, and I feel more handicapped playing with that over locked. :applejack:

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Ditched smartcast on release pretty quick. Considering one of my favorite champs atm is Riven and every time you right click the smartcast doesn't happen, using her Q is a nightmare.

Just gonna tough it out on regular smartcast.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Heal Flash. Who says you have to forgo heal or Flash?

On Janna the 1 spell I would like to have is Flash. After that you figure out whether you want CV or Heal or some Exhaust bull****. Janna with Flash can do more clutch ****
CV is a given, I don't care what **** people are saying these days, being able to light up anywhere in the map once every 40 seconds is massive. Map awareness is god.

But again, the thing with flash is with the nerfed ranged those gamechanging opportunities just aren't there anywhere near as often. They're still there sometimes but heal is so much more reliably useful

Lovage

Smash Hero
locked camera makes absolutely no sense to me

how do you gank lanes with that **** when you can't see what spells he's used, how much hp he has, and how likely he is to overextend for cs

@adumbro cv is way worse than it used to be, heal is WAY better than it used to be. current bot lane meta, cv is pretty much non existent lol. very few times i would take it over heal or over flash.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@adumbro cv is way worse than it used to be, heal is WAY better than it used to be. current bot lane meta, cv is pretty much non existent lol. very few times i would take it over heal or over flash.
Yes heal is way better then it used to be, yes cv is way worse then it used to be.

But map awareness is still godlike.

70 second cooldown on CV now Adumb.
Wow, it's been a long day.

Lovage

Smash Hero
I just read some arguments from LoL players defending the position that LoL is not easier than HoN/Dota...

My eyes bled.

Someone fetch the mindsoap.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1642677 = free lolz.
league is a lot easier and a lot more noob friendly than dota

but instead of trying to be a ****ty dumbed-down clone it actually became a much different game and has ended up really good.

i hate when people say league is the brawl version of dota, because league is way easier but it's actually pretty good, whereas brawl is way easier but sucks ****

Turazrok

Smash Master
league is a lot easier and a lot more noob friendly than dota

but instead of trying to be a ****ty dumbed-down clone it actually became a much different game and has ended up really good.

i hate when people say league is the brawl version of dota, because league is way easier but it's actually pretty good, whereas brawl is way easier but sucks ****
Oh man when they start comparing it to brawl/melee is when it gets the best,
" My friend was the best link, he beat the top mks in texas "

Which would be whom again?

"Man I was the best with sonic and smash balls"

OMG SOOOOOOOOO GOOD

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Who cares which is harder... I don't think anyone is saying League is easy are they?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
locked camera makes absolutely no sense to me

how do you gank lanes with that **** when you can't see what spells he's used, how much hp he has, and how likely he is to overextend for cs
I use the minimap. The blips DO show every minute move that they make anyways, and it's not THAT hard to see what they have and haven't used yet. :applejack:

Leacero

Smash Lord
I use the minimap. The blips DO show every minute move that they make anyways, and it's not THAT hard to see what they have and haven't used yet. :applejack:
You only feel that free-camera mode is a handicap because you haven't taken the time to adjust to it. There is absolutely nothing that locked camera offers over free-camera. You're just too afraid of losing a few games while getting used to it that you give up after/during the first and go back to locked. Not a way to improve at all.

Top Bottom